Author Topic: Mystery genre tags  (Read 946 times)

Bookbear

OK, here is a real puzzle.  I have several (about 40) music files out of about 6000 that have very strange genre tags.  In the list of genre tags on my iBasso DX150 player, there is a listing for 'Darkwave'. If I click on that, Lena Horne's 'Stormy Weather' shows, along with Ricky Martin's 'Livin' la vida loca'.  That is not a correct genre for this pieces.

Now, I never applied the 'Darkwave' genre tag to those files.  A search of the file properties in Windows Explorer does not show that tag.  MusicBee's Tag Explorer does not show it, neither does MP3Tag.

Obviously, the tag exists somewhere in the file(s), but I am at a loss to know where.  There are other mystery tags as well, 'Trailer' being the most common; and that tag is NOT attached to any movie soundtrack recording.

Any suggestions on how to find and remove the incorrect mystery tags?

Thanks in advance.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are these MP3 files? I suggest you take a look with the tag inspector for extra tags that might not be showing up in the Tag Editor. Also check the ID3v1 tags, if you don't find them in the 2.3/2.4 tags.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bookbear

The files are a mix...  most are FLAC, but a few are MP3.  I did use the Tag Inspector.  I will look again adn see if there is a filter or a way to check the earlier tag versions as you suggest.

Thanks!