Author Topic: Hotkeys for tab management  (Read 2994 times)

ild2

hi,

seeing that the latest update features some improvement for tabs I'd like to suggest adding some widely used hotkeys by default:

ctrl + t  new tab
ctrl + w close tab

i use these hotkeys all the time in firefox so it would be natural for me to have the same keys in musicbee.

as ctrl + t is currently set to the album tagger by default i suggest changing that to ctrl + shift + t (analogous to 'send to -> converter / volume analysis')

VX

ctrl + t  new tab
ctrl + w close tab

i use these hotkeys all the time in firefox so it would be natural for me to have the same keys in musicbee.

as ctrl + t is currently set to the album tagger by default i suggest changing that to ctrl + shift + t (analogous to 'send to -> converter / volume analysis')

That would be very useful as the hotkeys are used the same not only in Firefox, but also in Opera,   IE 9,   Chrome   and many other apps, especially   file managers  (to many to mention)  that support tabs.

+1

ild2

how about adding a hotkey to quickly create a new playlist in a new tab? like ctrl + n? i'd find that very convenient, too! :)

Steven

• Administrator
i've added hotkeys for:
- new tab
- close tab
- create playlist in new tab

new hotkey commands start with "Tabs: ..." in the hotkey preferences
as your hotkey defaults are already assigned you will need to manually assign (defaults will apply for brand new MB users)