Author Topic: Feature request: Photo slideshow in TM  (Read 4251 times)

watsocd

We use TM as a DJ setup for a non-profit ballroom dance group. We use MB on a laptop and TM displays the upcoming playlist/dance step on a large projection screen.

I would like to add a rotating photo slideshow using photos of previous events (not related to the music) as an element within TM.

Is this feature on the development radar?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
We use TM as a DJ setup for a non-profit ballroom dance group. We use MB on a laptop and TM displays the upcoming playlist/dance step on a large projection screen.

I would like to add a rotating photo slideshow using photos of previous events (not related to the music) as an element within TM.

Is this feature on the development radar?

There are some fiddley work-arounds, but may be prudent for you to add your name to this item on the Wishlist:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=23190.0

watsocd

I already added a +1 to that thread.

Can you send me some links to some fiddly work-arounds? Most of the hacks I saw required you to link pictures to songs which does not work efficiently in our case because our library is large and we have a custom playlist every month. Also, our DJ who puts the playlists together is somewhat curmudgeonly so we need to make it as simple as possible. Configure the TM theme XML once and drop some pictures into a folder somewhere.

We need the slide show to be truly independent of the song being played.

Is there a GitHub/other source code page for the TheaterMode plugin itself. I am very familiar with the XML configuration files but may be interested in working on a new feature for the plugin.

I am thinking that the work should not be to substantial. I could use the gallery picture code and background image code to show the picture but with rotation timing and picture folder identification elements.  Basically just change the source location of the pictures and add rotation from the background code. Does this sound about right?
Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 06:38:50 PM by watsocd

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
We need the slide show to be truly independent of the song being played.

I am very familiar with the XML config Basically just change the source location of the pictures and add rotation from the background code. Does this sound about right?

The way I bodged it was by experimenting.
Make or rename a simple Theate Mode 'Default'.
Add the slide show pics to the 'Default.Rotation' folder
The pics have to be named Default_01, Default_02 etc.
To test out, make the track artist name of a few track, something unlikey to exist in the artist search,
e.g 'DJ Catz-poop'  always amuses the wife...

[Edit] This is because I only want my pics to be displayed when nothing is returned from gallery search!

If your Gallery in xml has tags="artist"  coded in, im now wondering if that would work if changed to 'Grouping' then you may be able to enter some junk in the Grouping tag....
Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 01:00:41 PM by Freddy Barker