Author Topic: "Album" definition not applied in case of customized sorting (by date modified)  (Read 1333 times)

powermusic

Hello All

I discover recently the fantasic MusicBee software, thanks a lot.

I would like to report an issue which is a bug I guess, in a dedicated case.

I spent a lot of time to realize different combinaisons by using preferences & settings options, and spent time on Internet & Forum to find a howto solution way.

I did not find the solution unfortunately and decited to raise here the issue.

The album grouping definition field parameters are not applied for a customized sorting case like by Date Modified.

As a result Album covers (artwork) are splits like duplicated, instead of be grouped (combined).

I would like to illustrate the issue by posting some screenshot of my configuration for a more clear understanding.

How to group tracks for a same album under an unique Artwork display ?

Thanks a lot, sorry if I created a duplicate topic (btw there is not a defect tracker database I think).
Bests.

Steven

• Administrator
That is not a bug and is expected if you sort files within an album that have different values. For some date fields there is an "album" field eg. "Date Added (Album)" which uses the minimum value for the album to use for sorting. Date modified doesnt

powermusic

Hello and Thank you a lot Steven for your reply.

But, how can we order/short unique Album covers by modified date ?

I insist on the fact that modified date is more reliant for me than added date.
There is a difference and modified date is more suitable to my adding chronological date. Thanks.

Please find difference for example :

If there is not a solution, could it be developped as enhancement ?

Thank you again a lot.

I used to use GROOVE (Microsoft) but now I want to migrate to MusicBee but I would like to keep the sorting case .

Bests.