Author Topic: how can i make a command to append songs?  (Read 788 times)

anbri003

While MusicBee is running, i would like to add songs to the playlist, using my file manager. Is there any command for this? Thanks!
Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 06:27:56 PM by anbri003

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you trying to add to a particular playlist, or to the Playing Tracks list? I think you can do the latter from File Explorer (provided you've configured it with Windows), but not the former. However, you can always use the Computer node in MusicBee to find tracks that aren't in your library.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

anbri003

Suppose, i have a dozen tracks in the playlist, say, playing song number three. So if i do nothing, it will continue playing, until track 12 is reached. What i try to do is, to select more songs to be appended to this list, like another 10 tracks after the last one.

Bizy

Select the songs in your library (or in the computer node of MB, if they are no part of your library yet), right click them and choose 'Queue last'.
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What Bizy said. Also, if you're having problems with the Playing Tracks list being cleared when you try to add to it, look at Now Playing preferences and make sure it's not set to one of the"clear tracks and..." Options. You probably want "queue next" by default.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

anbri003

What Bizy said. Also, if you're having problems with the Playing Tracks list being cleared when you try to add to it, look at Now Playing preferences and make sure it's not set to one of the"clear tracks and..." Options. You probably want "queue next" by default.

Thanks to you both, i will check that out. Seems, i have to browse inside Musicbee instead of using the file manager. Will also check to change that option to "queue".

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks to you both, i will check that out. Seems, i have to browse inside Musicbee instead of using the file manager. Will also check to change that option to "queue".

If you've updated your preferences, you should be able to add tracks from File Explorer. But MusicBee's library is ultimately much more powerful.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)