Author Topic: Latest version not working on Windows 10  (Read 2095 times)

barlet

Trying to update MB to the latest version, Windows 10 is reporting that this version (carrying date 13/04/2019) cannot run on my version of Windows. Reverting to Version 3.3.7035 fixed the issue.  Has so much changed since the previous version?
Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 07:46:43 PM by barlet

Bizy

Hé Barlet,

I'm running the latest version on Windows 10 (with all latest updates), so I assume that must work for you too...

If you choose 'More info' (or something similar - don't remember exactly), you can choose 'Run anyway'.

(Or you can run Musicbee from within Windows Store.
Or you can use the portable version.)

PS:  the latest version I'm talking about is 3_3_7035.  You are - reverting even - to version 3.3.7305. What are you talking about? :-D
Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 05:09:16 PM by Bizy
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P

barlet

Hi Bizy,

Thanks for your reply.

I am running both versions, that is the Desktop version and the Portable version and they are both displaying the same error. I tend to update both versions to the latest beta version. The version you have suggested was released ages ago. Ver 3.3.7035 was released on 06/04/2019. I tend to keep a couple of batches in the download directory so that I would be able to revert if something like what happened today, occurs.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Albert
Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:19:22 AM by barlet

Bizy

Hé Barlet,

Here is where I get the 'latest version' I'm talking about:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=27074.0

What you call 'ages', is like one month ago...  Where do you get your version???

Sorry to hear your problem is much more substantial.  You'll need somebody more savvy than me... ;-)

b.

(Correction:  I got 'latest version' (3.3.7035) from link of the profile of psychoadept.)
Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 05:11:18 PM by Bizy
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P

Steven

• Administrator
It sounds like you security software is blocking MB.
Try whitelisting MB in that software and if its Avast - better yet uninstall it

barlet

I am running Norton and it has been whitelisted. The enigma is why the latest patch only and not the earlier ones? Besides, it seems that Windows is producing the error. I shall try to replace the files again and take a screen shot if so wish.

Update: MB Ver 7048 is working fine again  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :-*

Update: MB Ver 7052 is back to the error that this programm MB cannot run. I have tried both the desktop and the portable version, both with the same error. I have also tried them on different computers, both running Windows 10, one have Norton Antivirus and the other Avira Antivirus. Same result on both computers. Something is being changed between versions which is triggering this error.

Update: MB Ver 3.3.7056 works fine but latest version posted on 13/04/2019 does not. Sorry I cannot understand what is happening! And it is not the antivirus that is triggering the error but Windows itself. Can anyone please explain how to get round this pain in the neck?
Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 03:52:27 PM by barlet