Author Topic: Help Encoding from FLAC to MP3 while keeping directory / file structure  (Read 2314 times)

Darkenslasher

I need help encoding my FLAC music collection to MP3 but maintaining the directory. For example, E:\Users\Music\Music Collection/TestMusic.FLAC I want to encode my music with exactly the same folder structure 'Music/Music Collection' to say a different drive.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
In the format converter dialog, there is an option to send the converted file to a folder with a specific format.  I think if you put the subfolder as <Path>\<Filename> it will duplicate the structure in the new location. Give it a try, anyway.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Darkenslasher

Just tried this and it doesn't work, it's not correctly labelling the folder names either and making all the respective folders.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Well, another thing that should work (and simplify the workflow in some ways) is to create virtual device for your destination folder and tell it to "preserve folders and filenames". You can also configure it to convert the tracks to MP3, so in one step you can get the conversion and the organization just by sending files to the device.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

captain_paranoia

Assuming you don't want to replace your FLACs with MP3s, and you don't want to put them in the same folder as the source file, I'd suggest setting the options in Tools/Convert Format.

Select the 'or to a new folder option'
Set to root path for the MP3 files
Configure the creation of artist and album names from the metadata tags: 'organise sub-folder and filename'. The default configuration is sensible, assuming you already have files organised as AlbumArtist/Album/Title.
<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc-Track#> <Title>

redwing

I need help encoding my FLAC music collection to MP3 but maintaining the directory. For example, E:\Users\Music\Music Collection/TestMusic.FLAC I want to encode my music with exactly the same folder structure 'Music/Music Collection' to say a different drive.

Put the root directory of the target drive for the new folder setting (e.g. "D:\")

And enter the following code to the subfolder and filename template box:

Code
$RxSplit(<Path>,"E:\\Users",2)\<Filename>
Make sure you add another backslash to escape the backslash character if you need to modify the code (e.g. "E:\\Users\\Tom\\Music").