Author Topic: Seeing whether lyrics have been saved already or not.  (Read 2080 times)

Bizy

Something simple...
(see title... ;-) )

Guess I'm doing lots of superfluous work now - as the lyrics have been saved already.

Maybe I'm overlooking something:  that would be great! ;-)

b.
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P

boroda

sveakul

Another thing you can do is add the following code from redwing to the Track Information "Customize Panel" display fields:

Code
$If(<Lyrics?>="",,"(Lyrics)")
This will show the expression "(Lyrics)" on the information string if the track has them, and it appears the instant you do save lyrics if saving via the MusicBee Lyrics panel options.
Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 07:45:10 PM by sveakul

Bizy

@Boroda:  that would be a bit time consuming (for thousands of songs) ... (and the aim is saving time ;-) )

@Sveakul:  yes, great!! That is a nice 'workaround' for the moment.  Thank you very much!

You two:  thanks for replying!

Bizy

Another 'simple' workaround for this problem - sorry, didn't think about that before - would be:  unchecking 'autoretrieve missing lyrics'.

@Sveakul:  guess I'll check to your solution anyway. 
There's when odd thing though:  when I mark a song as 'having no lyrics', this code still says 'lyrics' :-D  But that's a minor thing.

Bizy

@Sveakul:  there is one more weird thing:  when the song already has embedded lyrics, sometimes the code works, and sometimes not... (???)

phred

• Global Moderator
use 'Lyrics?' tag (you can add it to the main panel).
@Boroda:  that would be a bit time consuming (for thousands of songs) ... (and the aim is saving time ;-) )
You don't add it to each track. As boroda said, you add it as a new column in the main panel. It really couldn't be easier. Or faster.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
In the track information panel I also use
$IsNull(<Lyrics?>,"‼ LYRICS NOT SAVED ‼",)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Bizy

@phred & @Boroda:  sorry, yes, I misinterpreted this part (adding it as a column)... very clear indeed... and easy to go through the files that don't have lyrics yet...  Thanks!

@Bee-liever:  yes, this might be even more useful... (and avoids the 'problem' of seeing 'Lyrics' in the track information when you have 'has no lyrics' checked) 
Also:  thanks!

MTOakey

• Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
THANKS sveakul and Bee-liever Great additions/cool customizations to an already awesome App !!!