Author Topic: Search for Cover with Album Art Downloader  (Read 29521 times)

frankz

Based on the information here I just tested putting -f "Cover.jpg" -p "<Path>" at the end of my command line in MB's tools and it worked just fine.

Edit: In MP3Tag I used -f "Cover.jpg" -p "%_folderpath%"

I always wanted to do this but never thought about how to actually accomplish it before, so thanks for the inspiration.  Have a wonderful day!
Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 01:15:55 PM by frankz

sveakul

Thanks frankz, that's it!  The <Path> parameter was the key.  So for Johan_A_M, my previous string adjusted for using this instead of a fixed path would be:

Code
/ar "<Artist>" /al "<Album>" /t f,u /mn 300 /mx 3000 /o a- /ac /f "%artist% - %album%.%extension%" /p "<Path>"

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks to both frankz and sveakul. This is now working better than ever.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Johan_A_M

Based on the information here I just tested putting -f "Cover.jpg" -p "<Path>" at the end of my command line in MB's tools and it worked just fine.

Edit: In MP3Tag I used -f "Cover.jpg" -p "%_folderpath%"

I always wanted to do this but never thought about how to actually accomplish it before, so thanks for the inspiration.  Have a wonderful day!

Thank you SO much!!

decard

Very much very helpfully this extension  :)  functions very well with my MusicBee version 3.3.7015.

Because I hear many rather unknown artists, I have searched in the past long with Google for a suitable album cover.

'Albumart' shortens this cover Searching uncommon.

In addition, this description also for laymen like me understandably

Many thanks for it  :)  :)  :)

ha! i have been trying to find out where all the hundreds of Albumart files that suddenly appeared at some time came from. what is the answer?

sveakul

ha! i have been trying to find out where all the hundreds of Albumart files that suddenly appeared at some time came from. what is the answer?
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=39272.msg212144#msg212144

decard

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=39272.msg212144#msg212144

that link is helpful for query re my auto-saving images (if it works as i want/hope); but it does not answer the question i raised directly above .... where did all these Albumart files suddenly appear from (before i was using MB)? they all have unique names which must be linked to specific track (i imagine - i haven't checked file Properties to check)

decard

https://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/

I thoroughly love this cover search software.

Search Preview:
https://i.gyazo.com/b77c1882d4b8e40edd887a8948f90296.png

I setup:
A toolbar button in Musicbee that, based on the selected track, searches the artist and album in Album Art Downloader

Directions:

1. Open MusicBee Preferences and select the "Tools" tab

2. add the application path (mine is C:\Program Files\AlbumArtDownloader\AlbumArt.exe) {just click the button on the right side with three dots then navigate to the exe file}

3. Make sure you set the parameters to: "<Artist>"  "<Album>"

4. click Save

---- You can stop at this point and just right click the file and use the "Send To" feature ----

If you wish to add the toolbar button as I did:

5. Right click your toolbar then "Configure Toolbar"

6. Click the plus sign to add a new button command

7. click the three dots and Set the command to the "Send To: External Application (selected file) [your #]"

Mine was #3 because Audition and MediaInfo were apps 1 and 2...

If you like my dark theme, feel free to try it (Click Here)

thanks. i got this to work; but i am a tad bemused - when you create the Toolbar Button, although i labelled button AlbumArt, how did it know to use the AlbumArt exe? because i do not actually embed the exe into that link.

sveakul

Because the Command line is pointed at External Application #3, which you can see in Step 3 of the directions has the application path specified.