Author Topic: (Version 3.1) Spotify Integration Plugin  (Read 103030 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
No one responds to the fact that this is broken.
The plugin developer has stated that he's quite busy with life. Then he said "I'll try to make some time to fix it today." The key word is "try."

I've posted my analysis on the source code. You've done none of that.
Correct.

What have you contributed towards any other plugins? Any other plugin? Have you coded anything?
No, I haven't. Because I don't pretend to be a developer.
Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 07:13:35 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

zkhcohen

Appreciate your time. Any luck on getting the plugin to work?

No, I caught COVID and now I'm behind on work.

hiccup

Any luck on getting the plugin to work?
No, I caught COVID and now I'm behind on work.
Good luck, I wish you regain your health soon.

And please don't feel pressured by the nasty comments in this thread to do something, or reveal anything about your personal situation.
They don't deserve that, nor do they need to know such details.

Redearth

I've actually tried developing for and against these plugins.
I've posted my analysis on the source code. You've done none of that.
Correct.
Quote from: Redearth
What have you contributed towards this, or any other plugin? What have you contributed towards any other plugins? Any other plugin? Have you coded anything?
No, I haven't. Because I don't pretend to be a developer.
Thanks, sorta think we're done here.

I've tried posting things I thought would help and I was reprimanded/attacked.

I responded each time. And each time there was pretense that I initiated the exchange. Then I responded, and responded.
Responses became continuations. It doesn't end, and it seems like it will never end.

There seems to be some pretense where I am the "troll". I have only defended myself and working plugins on this forum.
This forum seems to give a purpose to some. I've no issue with that. But this culture leads to worse plugins and is resistant to to new users.

The focus should be on users of MusicBee, not forum members.
It isn't as complicated as some make it out to be.
Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 08:45:55 AM by Redearth

zkhcohen

So... there are a number of issues here, but the big blocker is that MusicBee doesn't seem to support .NET 6.0, which the Spotify C# API is supporting going forward.

I upgraded the project, tested, and it didn't even appear in the options.

I'll try to fix the old version, but I'm not going to invest a lot of time since the API is now beyond support, and is likely to change in the next year.

---

EDIT: I'm not able to replicate any the issues that are being reported with the old version. Maybe this is simply an issue with people not following the instructions and copying all of the .dlls to the plugins folder? The config button doesn't do anything. Add the Spotify plugin to your side panel and click on it to authenticate with your Spotify account.

---

EDIT 2: Here's a video of me demonstrating that it works. I admit, there are some issues with clicking/updating that could be sorted out. This was written a long time ago, and these issues weren't present at the time.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HDB4lidXQvQOR7zYm0PUpnf5oSXWhsyo/view?usp=sharing
Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 06:49:07 PM by zkhcohen

raalaps

Hey can you please guide how exactly i need to extract and the location in order to use use this plugin.

please help

Redearth

Hey can you please guide how exactly i need to extract and the location in order to use use this plugin.

please help

They will not!

You can try to get in touch with them here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36952.0, or just try new threads and click to the end and hope for the best!

Btw this plugin is broken, has been broken for 2 years. Anyone who visits this thread in hopes of getting the plugin to work should know not to spend any more time.

hiccup

They will not!
So you keep thinking that you are speaking for other people.
You aren't and you shouldn't do that.

Also, read zkhcohen's post right before yours and raalaps's.
Besides zkhcohen having invested a lot of his valuable time and effort in creating something for MusicBee and it's user base, he additionally made the effort to explain the current problems very well.
So either you didn't read that, or you decided to ignore it.

You just keep posting negative and incorrect comments on this forum, and criticizing other users and creators.
Really, (I think I asked before): What is your goal with all this nonsense?
Or are you just bored and frustrated?

The latter would qualify you as being a troll.
Which should be handled accordingly.

zkhcohen

please help

They will not!

You can try to get in touch with them here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36952.0, or just try new threads and click to the end and hope for the best!

Btw this plugin is broken, has been broken for 2 years. Anyone who visits this thread in hopes of getting the plugin to work should know not to spend any more time.

I posted a video of it working... Not only that, but the video shows me installing the plugin.

What version of MB are you on? How are you setting up the plugin?

Can you send a video of you performing the same steps I did in mine?

aktimoose

Any time I play a track using this plugin, my MusicBee throws an error and then crashes.

Code
MusicBee v3.4.7764.37422D  (Win10.0), 6 Nov 2022 12:52:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.<ReceiveNotification>d__21.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(Object state)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Initially thought it was an incompatibility with another plugin, but this same error happens even when I clear both my C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins folder and my %appdata%\MusicBee\Plugins folder and only install this one. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 01:19:47 PM by aktimoose

hiccup

Welcome to the forum aktimoose.

I have no idea if it will solve it, but your MB version is more than one and a half years old.
Perhaps update it to the most recent 3.5 patch update version and try again?

Also, you colour formatted the text making it practically unreadable when using the forum's dark theme.
I suggest that you remove that colour formatting, or use one of the colours the edit panel suggests.

phred

• Global Moderator
I edited the color tags on the post so that they're readable by dark theme users.

My question to @aktimoose is: do you have two installations of MB on your PC? If you don't then you should not have two paths to the plugins directory. If you're using the Installer version, C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins is correct. If you're using the Portable version then %appdata%\MusicBee\Plugins is correct. If you're running an Installer and a Portable then that's fine. Otherwise there should not be two paths.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

aktimoose

I have no idea if it will solve it, but your MB version is more than one and a half years old.
Perhaps update it to the most recent 3.5 patch update version and try again?

I've updated my version to the latest beta (3.5.8296) and still get the same error.

My question to @aktimoose is: do you have two installations of MB on your PC? If you don't then you should not have two paths to the plugins directory. If you're using the Installer version, C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins is correct. If you're using the Portable version then %appdata%\MusicBee\Plugins is correct. If you're running an Installer and a Portable then that's fine. Otherwise there should not be two paths.

I'm using the Installer version, and both paths appear to work (If I put a plugin in one and not the other, it works). My %appdata%\MusicBee\Plugins is entirely empty and I solely use the C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins folder.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm using the Installer version, and both paths appear to work (If I put a plugin in one and not the other, it works). My %appdata%\MusicBee\Plugins is entirely empty and I solely use the C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins folder.
Hmmm ... I have no further suggestions/ideas. You'll probably have to wait for the plugin's developer to take a look at it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

ROBYER1

Any time I play a track using this plugin, my MusicBee throws an error and then crashes.

Code
MusicBee v3.4.7764.37422D  (Win10.0), 6 Nov 2022 12:52:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.<ReceiveNotification>d__21.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(Object state)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Initially thought it was an incompatibility with another plugin, but this same error happens even when I clear both my C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins folder and my %appdata%\MusicBee\Plugins folder and only install this one. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Same error here, the plugin maker kindly included the source files in the plugin download so I'm sure if they are too busy, one of us can suss this out. I'll take a look sometime myself too to see what's gone wrong but I'm more of a game programmer than a native plugin programmer. I disabled the plugin for now in my install of the Windows Store version.

For me the plugin didn't ever install or work properly until I installed this other spotify plugin first https://www.getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/340/copy-spotify-url/
was something to do with EmbedIO.dll every time I tried to install, or the plugin couldn't access musicbeeplugin.plugin until I installed that other plugin first then tried to install spotify integration plugin by navigating to the mb_Spotify-Plugin.dll using the 'Add Plugin' button in MusicBee.