Author Topic: (Version 3.1) Spotify Integration Plugin  (Read 103038 times)

Bizy

Okay, Zkhcohen.  Thanks for looking into it.  And for your wonderfull work!

(I thought:  maybe via the plugin browser, but it doesn't support the Spotify media player.)
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P

zkhcohen

Okay, Zkhcohen.  Thanks for looking into it.  And for your wonderfull work!

(I thought:  maybe via the plugin browser, but it doesn't support the Spotify media player.)

Maybe. Otherwise you could embed a Spotify frame into a browser using .NET. Both ways, you're really just layering Spotify on top of MusicBee, rather than integrating it.

Qaidul

zkhcohen

ChristopherE

I have put the plugin where belongs. It shows up as a plugin in settings. However it does not appear anywhere in musicbee ui for my system. I have customised the layout using the standard themes and settings, so maybe I am looking in the wrong place for it. Where exactly can you see it working?

Bizy

@Qaidul:  there's nothing to configure.  The plugin checks (after 'authenticating') if the track/album/artist of the song you're playing in MB is part of your Spotify Library or not and you can choose to change that.

@ChristopherE (and maybe Qaidul):  you need to make it visible as a panel via Configure layout/Arrange panels (button right upper corner).
You will find the plugin among 'available elements' and you can drag it where you want.

b.

(EDIT:  button is next to search box, and where the search box is, depends on your settings)
Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 02:46:09 PM by Bizy

Qaidul

@Qaidul:  there's nothing to configure.  The plugin checks (after 'authenticating') if the track/album/artist of the song you're playing in MB is part of your Spotify Library or not and you can choose to change that.

@ChristopherE (and maybe Qaidul):  you need to make it visible as a panel via Configure layout/Arrange panels (button right upper corner).
You will find the plugin among 'available elements' and you can drag it where you want.

b.

Unclear, can you explain more detail.

Bizy

Can you be more clear about what is not clear?

Do you have the plugin installed?
Do you find access to Configure Layout/Arrange Panels?  (either via button or edit/preferences)
Do you see the Spotify plugin among 'available elements'?
Do you know how to set up the maind and side panels? (if not, experiment a bit ;-) ... or check the WIKI ('panel configuration'):  
https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/The_Anatomy_of_MusicBee)
If you have done all this:  do you see 'Authenticate' in the plugin panel?
Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 02:44:13 PM by Bizy

fumoretti

Amazing work!!!

What is required at minimum to work properly? ...

Thank you for this plugin!

You actually only need MusicBee and the plugin, not the Spotify client.

Unfortunately this plugin won't work unless you install a newer version of MusicBee.

The most recent version is 3.3.7051 which includes substantial improvements.

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

Thank you, working now.

tyler_durden

Hi!

I tried to test this plugin, i've added the panel, but by clickin' in "Auth" this error appears:

Code
MusicBee v3.3.7062.40352 (Win10.0), 5 may. 2019 12:41:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: No se puede cargar el archivo o ensamblado 'SpotifyAPI.Web.Auth, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ni una de sus dependencias. El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado.
Nombre de archivo: 'SpotifyAPI.Web.Auth, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   en MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.<SpotifyWebAuth>d__215.MoveNext()
   en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncVoidMethodBuilder.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
   en MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.SpotifyWebAuth(Boolean autoRefresh)
   en MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.PanelClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   en #=z6KfKvUY8Z0Nto1xqcLp6WDY=.WndProc(Message& #=zqP3M9t4=)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

AVS: El registro del enlace de ensamblado está desactivado.
Para habilitar el registro de errores del enlace de ensamblado, establezca el valor de Registro [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) como 1.
Nota: existe una disminución del rendimiento asociada registro de errores del enlace de ensamblado.
Para desactivar esta característica, elimine el valor de Registro [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

zkhcohen

Hi!

I tried to test this plugin, i've added the panel, but by clickin' in "Auth" this error appears:

Code
MusicBee v3.3.7062.40352 (Win10.0), 5 may. 2019 12:41:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: No se puede cargar el archivo o ensamblado 'SpotifyAPI.Web.Auth, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ni una de sus dependencias. El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado.
Nombre de archivo: 'SpotifyAPI.Web.Auth, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   en MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.<SpotifyWebAuth>d__215.MoveNext()
   en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncVoidMethodBuilder.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
   en MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.SpotifyWebAuth(Boolean autoRefresh)
   en MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.PanelClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   en #=z6KfKvUY8Z0Nto1xqcLp6WDY=.WndProc(Message& #=zqP3M9t4=)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

AVS: El registro del enlace de ensamblado está desactivado.
Para habilitar el registro de errores del enlace de ensamblado, establezca el valor de Registro [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) como 1.
Nota: existe una disminución del rendimiento asociada registro de errores del enlace de ensamblado.
Para desactivar esta característica, elimine el valor de Registro [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

It looks like you didn't put "SpotifyAPI.Web.Auth.dll" in the plugins folder, or there is a Windows permissions issue with it.

If it's already in the plugins folder, right-click, go to Properties, and make sure that the file isn't blocked. Also check the permissions in the security tab.

figipe

After I follow the steps you listed, it says no Track found on the music bee app, am I doing something wrong, If I play something in my spotify should be playing the same track in music bee as well?

I'm confused.

frankz

If I play something in my spotify should be playing the same track in music bee as well?
From the announcement post:
It lets you know if the track, album or artist are already found in your Spotify library. If you click on them, depending on if they're in your library or not, it will either add or remove them from Spotify.