Author Topic: (Version 3.1) Spotify Integration Plugin  (Read 103050 times)

MeWantCookiee

Hey, did you find a solution?
I'm having the same problem. Already patched musicbee to its latest version.

Greetings. First time posting. First LOVE MusicBee. Won't bore anyone with my setup. Trying to use the Spotify plugin (3.1) and keep having the same issue. "Configure" button does nothing. After trying a few times, however, I get the below error. Anyone have a fix or can point me in the right direction? MUCH appreciated!

v3.4.8033.18564D  (Win10.0), 6 Mar 2022 16:58:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.<ReceiveNotification>d__21.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(Object state)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Redearth

People should know this plugin has been dead for 1-2 years with that same error message. This error has been reported several times by people trying to install this plugin, and there's never been a solution or an update to the plugin.

The author of the plugin is still active on this forum, but he's been silent on this plugin and this thread for over a year, where his last post said he wasn't yet able to fix it.

Unless he wants to come back and address any of it I'm not sure it's worth continuing this thread. Several people have continued to post about the same error for well over a year and it has never been solved.
Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 10:29:08 PM by Redearth

hiccup

He didn't provide access to the source code either, so unless he returns, there's no point for this thread to continue.
Have you made any attempt to contact him personally before posting this?
Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 07:39:15 PM by hiccup

Redearth

I reworded it a bit because I didn't mean it to sounds harsh, my focus was on letting new users know as soon as possible that yes, it's broken.

I considered reaching out to him but saw he has been active on this forum, so didn't see a point. He could have come and addressed this several times for over a year and was able to solve the issues when he was here. Doesn't really need me to say anything, he's already here.

phred

• Global Moderator
Doesn't really need me to say anything, he's already here.
Except he hasn't been on the forum since last March. So perhaps a PM to him would be in order.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Redearth

Go for it. He had an entire year. I don't care about this plugin, I was just trying to be helpful and tell people it's broken since that isn't mentioned anywhere else.

Redearth

Would any moderator perhaps consider acknowledging this plugin has been broken for 1-2 years and like to tell new users that this plugin is broken? Is that a thing here?

phred

• Global Moderator
Would any moderator perhaps consider acknowledging this plugin has been broken for 1-2 years and like to tell new users that this plugin is broken? Is that a thing here?

Have you made any attempt to contact him personally before posting this?

Except he hasn't been on the forum since last March. So perhaps a PM to him would be in order.

I'm a moderator and I'll not only suggest what I said to you previously, but also what one other user said, and you didn't answer either one of us. Have you tried contacting the plugin developer via a PM?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

It isn't and I think it shouldn't.

Users that created and shared their contributions over time may still be active with developing and improving on it, or they may have some pause on it, or they may have abandoned it completely.
(loss of interest, prison, death, angry wife, etc.)

How would a moderator have better insights in this than any other user such as you or me?

We can all read the thread and draw our own conclusions.

E.g. after a brief search I have found that the developer (zkhcohen) has stated on a couple of occasions that he is very busy in real life.
(so, not dead, no angry wife, which is good)

Also I found that his downloads contains the source code. So anybody is welcome to pick things up.

If that's all unsatisfactory to you, try to contact the developer yourself.

There is no need for some moderator to do that for you.

Redearth

My god. Download plugin. Doesn't work. The end.
What's the complication? I'm not trying to harm the developer.
Plugin doesn't work. Is this a cult?

Redearth

Btw, any new posters.: This plugin doesn't work, no one can help you, sorry to waste your time.

phred

• Global Moderator
My god. Download plugin. Doesn't work. The end.
What's the complication? I'm not trying to harm the developer.
Plugin doesn't work. Is this a cult?
Btw, any new posters.: This plugin doesn't work, no one can help you, sorry to waste your time.
I've asked you before to stop bashing plugins that you don't like. A simple PM to the developer has been suggested to you more than once yet you haven't said that you've done that. In addition, another reply in this thread has informed you that the plugin developer has a real life and is quite busy.

This is the third thread I've come across today where you are bashing a plugin. I'll say it politely once more: knock it off. Develop it yourself if you don't like what's currently available.

One final comment: These plugins that you're complaining about are free. As is MB. Absolutely free. They owe you nothing.
Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 01:27:28 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

zkhcohen

I don't get notified on updates to these threads, but I do get emails via PM. I have too much going on to regularly maintain this plugin since I no-longer use it personally. I actually monitor some of my other plugins.

That being said, I'll try to make some time to fix it today.

Redearth

Appreciate your time. Any luck on getting the plugin to work?

Redearth

I've asked you before to stop bashing plugins that you don't like. A simple PM to the developer has been suggested to you more than once yet you haven't said that you've done that. In addition, another reply in this thread has informed you that the plugin developer has a real life and is quite busy.
Not "don't like". Not at all. Broken. Broken. Doesn't work. No one responds to the fact that this is broken.

This is the third thread I've come across today where you are bashing a plugin. I'll say it politely once more: knock it off. Develop it yourself if you don't like what's currently available.
I've actually tried developing for and against these plugins.
I've posted my analysis on the source code. You've done none of that.

What have you contributed towards this, or any other plugin? What have you contributed towards any other plugins? Any other plugin? Have you coded anything?

Hundreds of posts don't help. They're just hundreds of posts.
Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 11:09:18 AM by Redearth