Author Topic: (Version 1.3.4) EBUR 128 - Loudness and Dynamic Range Plugin / Tagging Tool  (Read 32243 times)

zkhcohen

Would you simply want the option to map the input_i parameter with with IL and MusicBee's track gain, or did you want to just input your own target value?

How I am guessing this would work is that your plugin does everything it is already doing, but additionally looks for an existing track gain tag value in a track, and adds/substracts that value to/from the integrated loudness value that your plugin has calculated, and writes that value to a custom tag.

So e.g. if a track already has a track gain tag present of let's say +3 dB, and your plugin calculates an integrated loudness of -20 LUFS for it, you can have it write a custom tag saying -17 LUFS.

That will make it possible to see how loud the track will actually be playing.
That is something MusicBee cannot do.

Interesting. Yeah - that seems to work. Adding the MusicBee-calculated Track Gain to the EBU R128-calculated Integrated Loudness does result in the -18LUFS target loudness when using the EBU R128 test-set. Of course if you adjust the volume target to -5.0db in MusicBee, then you end up with the -23LUFS target of EBU R128.

I'll try to implement this soon.

EditL Haven't had time to work on this quite yet due to my schedule. It's going to happen, though.
Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 03:26:37 PM by zkhcohen

zkhcohen

BETA 1.3: Added the ability to calculate and tag the current loudness (IL + Track Gain) of selected tracks. Added tagging options for both the "Current Loudness" (required) and "Average Songs" (optional) features.

hiccup

Thanks for the update and the additions.

I'm sorry to say that after only doing very quick testing I have had a few crashes, error popups, MB closing, etc.
Also I noticed that for one album that I checked for Current Loudness, the plugin reported various levels between -140 and -190 LUFS for the tracks.
(which obviously can't be right, since in this specific case it should have been -23 LUFS, and the same value for all tracks)

This reply is just a primal and brief notification of issues I experienced.
Of course you deserve and need a more detailed report on when what and how these issues occur, and I will do that within a couple of days.
But considering the MB crashes I experienced I thought to let you know this asap.

zkhcohen

I'm sorry to say that after only doing very quick testing I have had a few crashes, error popups, MB closing, etc.
Also I noticed that for one album that I checked for Current Loudness, the plugin reported various levels between -140 and -190 LUFS for the tracks.
(which obviously can't be right, since in this specific case it should have been -23 LUFS, and the same value for all tracks)

This reply is just a primal and brief notification of issues I experienced.
Of course you deserve and need a more detailed report on when what and how these issues occur, and I will do that within a couple of days.
But considering the MB crashes I experienced I thought to let you know this asap.

Wow, that's weird.

Definitely give me screenshots and crash reports! I'll fix all of them when I have more information.

zkhcohen

Did you overwrite the config file with the new one I put in the Dependencies folder?

hiccup

Did you overwrite the config file with the new one I put in the Dependencies folder?

I used a recent and clean portable MB installation that didn't have your plugin installed before.
(I have a couple of those for different usage/testing)

zkhcohen

I used a recent and clean portable MB installation that didn't have your plugin installed before.
(I have a couple of those for different usage/testing)

Fixed a couple of crashes and uploaded version 1.3.1.

Hopefully this version works better.

If you still get miscalculations, can you send me the file?

hiccup

If you still get miscalculations, can you send me the file?

Thnx, I will do that.
(It will be a few days though, since I would like to give you a dependable account, and not some impulsive cry-wolf response)

hiccup

A quick observation:

The weird and very high 'current loudness' values are probably due to regional settings. I noticed that I have Track Gain decimals comma separated, but the values that your plugin writes are period separated.
Except for the current loudness, which is comma separated again.

zkhcohen

A quick observation:

The weird and very high 'current loudness' values are probably due to regional settings. I noticed that I have Track Gain decimals comma separated, but the values that your plugin writes are period separated.
Except for the current loudness, which is comma separated again.

Thanks. You're correct. I'm working on a fix but I'm abroad atm.

hiccup

Something is wrong.

When I have tracks with existing Track Gain values, their TG values are displayed correctly in the column browser.
If I then only enable your plugin (not even running it on the files) and I rescan the files, the TG values for all the files in the column browser suddenly display as "0.0 dB".

zkhcohen

Something is wrong.

When I have tracks with existing Track Gain values, their TG values are displayed correctly in the column browser.
If I then only enable your plugin (not even running it on the files) and I rescan the files, the TG values for all the files in the column browser suddenly display as "0.0 dB".

Ehhh? That's super weird. Can you send me a screenshot.

I'm not experiencing this.

hiccup

If after that I disable your plugin, restart MB, and rescan the files, they will show the correct TG value in the column browser again.

zkhcohen

If after that I disable your plugin, restart MB, and rescan the files, they will show the correct TG value in the column browser again.

My Track Gain tags and column look fine.

What's your MusicBee version number?

Any chance you can send me your MB settings?

I feel like I'm running into issues I can't replicate with all of my add-ins and I'm confused as to what's different about my configuration...