Author Topic: Issues with adding the image to the track.  (Read 2185 times)

Keith White

I have issues that I just can not solve regarding attaching the art work but what I do need to say is that at one point all my tracks where filled with the art work as they should be then for no reason around a quarter of all the information I had stored in the tags just went and I have no idea why !

So I have been going through my collection once more putting in all the information back in but for some reason some are not letting me put in the art work.

In some cases I bring up the art work wanted I save it on the first edit screen then save it on the next but it does not add to the left of the screen where all the art work is, it just disappears.

Other times the image does add as it should I save it and refresh it then go to add more info on Tag 1,  4th line down album and as I do so this the artwork disappears again.

Also trying to do this on the art work tag I put the image I want in the box but the message comes up that it's corrupted.

I have tried so many things and now at a loss as I say the majority of my track are fine and these ones that are a problum now was fine before.

I would be greatful for any help.

Regards
Keith 

Steven

• Administrator
you say the artwork is embedded so can you PM me a link to a zip of one of the problem files?
Also are you sure you dont additionally have other linked artwork such as a folder.jpg/ cover.jpg file that may have been deleted or moved?
If you check Preferences/ Tags(1)/ artwork storage, and click Edit List you can specify only Embedded artwork is retrieved and then click "Rescan Artwork" so non-embedded artwork is unlinked

Steven

• Administrator
Thanks for sending the file. I can reproduce an issue saving the artwork.
Are all the problem files .WAV files?
Generally .WAV files do not have great support for tags and artwork and you are better off using a lossless format like FLAC.
However I will investigate why the artwork is not saving in this instance

edit:
the issue is one of the "chunks" of data in the wave file is slightly incorrect. Its not a part of the file that MB updates called "UITS".
I suspect your files have been updated by another application (some sort of media identification tool?) and that incorrect data is throwing MB off. I am unsure if i will make changes to adjust for this
Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 11:00:09 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
I have implemented a workaround for the corrupted UITS chunk because mp3Tag was able to - I guess it must be a common problem.

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

If you right click on the problem file you sent me/ Rescan
that will reload the tags and artwork. Then try it on a few more files until you are happy it completely solves the issue.