Author Topic: Independent panel configuration for audiobooks and music  (Read 2083 times)

calderino

Hello,
In my music library, I am using a column browser that uses Grouping, Album Artist and Folder Name as columns.
Now, I am starting to add some audiobooks to my library, and I would like to use a column browser only with Album Artist.
However, when I make the change, it is reflected into my music library.
Is it possible for them to be independent? I haven't tried yet, but I would guess it is the same for other panels in the panel configuration.
Can we have independent panel configuration per category (Music, Videos, Audiobooks...)?

calderino

The column browser is not included in the panel views.
You can hide it, but you cannot have a different one.

jippijip

It is possible, however, to have different columns displayed using custom tab layouts. It took me way too long to figure that one out, but if you're OK with having your audiobooks in a different tab that's filtered to that part of your library, what you describe is doable.

calderino

Where is the setting for custom tab layouts?
I'm OK with having the audiobooks in a different tab.

jippijip

If you right-click the tab, it should appear as an option. Click "Use Custom Tab Layout", and pick "Copy Current Layout to..." and create a new custom layout. Then, you can alter that tab's layout, and the changes you make will only propagate to the tabs that are using that layout.