Author Topic: Cover images disappeared  (Read 1069 times)

DJ Desperado

Hi,

I have a problem with some of my cover art. I have moved the location of my library a while ago, so that could be a factor. But I alway choose to embed my cover images. Some of my covers are gone, and when I check the image tab, I get an error (image is damaged, does not exist anymore, or is not accessible). It seems to happen only with (some) FLAC files, not with mp3 files.

Any ideas or suggestions how to solve this problem?

phred

• Global Moderator
What exactly do you mean by "moved the location of my library"?

In MusicBee-speak, the "library" is a collection of files that store playlists, podcasts, settings, etc. It is -not- the directory of the music files.

If you moved your music tracks, and did it with a file explorer or any tool outside of MB, that could be the beginning of your issue. There's a "computer node" n the left sidebar (it may not be visible unless you make it so) and you can move your music files from there. That way MB knows what you're doing and doesn't lose track of where things are.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

DJ Desperado

I used MB to relocate my library from one internal HD to another internal HD on my PC, not the file explorer. The location of my music files is also in the library folder with my playlists, settings, etc. I use the MB function to organise my media files automaticly. I think it's strange, because I embed the artwork in my files.

sveakul

First time I've heard of someone storing all their physical music files within the MusicBee "Library" folder;  moving the whole shebang to a different drive than the rest of the application itself may have unexpected consequences (or not), especially with auto-organize.  At any rate, first double check with an external tagger (Mp3tag, Kid3, TagScanner, etc) that the problem FLAC's indeed have embedded art.  Then, go to Prefs/Tags(1)/Artwork Storage and be sure that "Embedded" is set to the top of the list in the "set which pictures are displayed" window--if not, "make it so."  Solve the problem?

Steven

• Administrator
Although you thought all your pictures were embedded, you probably also had some Folder.jpg or Cover.jpg files linked.
In Preferences/ Tags(1)/ artwork storage click "Edit List".
Ensure "Embedded" is the top priority and then click "Rescan Artwork"