Author Topic: sorting  (Read 1626 times)

louf

Greetings, New to MB, longtime itunes user. Having Read several posts on sorting music, I have tried several times to arrange albums by artist names not by album name. As a longtime itunes user I like the way albums are sorted by artist name not album name. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I tried to attached screenshot showing current setup which is not what I am looking for, but do not know the magic for attaching screenshots.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I think most of your questions will be answered if you look around the wiki. Here's a page on posting screenshots: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Posting_Screenshots

If you're still not finding what you need, come back here and give us a little more detail on what you've tried that's not working.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
I tried to attached screenshot showing current setup which is not what I am looking for, but do not know the magic for attaching screenshots.
screenshots: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3998.msg153348#msg153348
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

louf

I'm familiar with copy/paste, what I cannot find is the attachment icon (paper clip). Or the edit reply button. Thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
When in the post reply editor look in the toolbar for the icon that looks like a picture and says "insert picture" when you hover over it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

louf

I don't have an "insert picture" icon. I have a insert image icon, after I select insert image icon I'm asked to enter the image url. Where do I find the url?

louf

twQQ7lX - Imgur.jpg

This (image) is not what I want the sorting to look like, this is sorted by album name where A = Abbey Road, Acoustic, After The Goldrush.... I want the sorting done by artist, so A = Al Di Meola, Al Green, Alabama...

New at using Imgur as well.

Thanks again

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Here, I managed to turn it into a link: https://i.imgur.com/twQQ7lX_d.jpg?maxwidth=750

Use the menu at the top left of the main panel (should say something like Album Art right now). You could switch to Artists view, or could try group by/sort by Album Artist.
Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 08:30:11 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

louf

Thanks, that worked great for the left vertical panel. Now how do I accomplish the same effect for the main panel? Thanks again.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm not seeing the menu that should be there for the main panel in your screenshot. Click the layout menu (next to the search bar) and see if you haven't accidentally hidden the header bar. That's where you should find the main panel menu.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

louf

Thanks psychoadept, that was the issue. All is fine for now. Thanks again for your help I appreciate it. louf