Author Topic: Cannot export playlist with absolute paths  (Read 1282 times)

wendi

MB 3.0.6276; Win10Pro64.  I want to export a playlist with absolute file paths.  The box for "use relative file paths" is unchecked, yet the m3u file that is generated has relative paths anyway.  I've also noted, while testing, that if I check the "use relative file paths" box and click save, it is nevertheless unchecked when I re-open preferences.  Can any one help?  Thanks.

phred

• Global Moderator
Before you do anything else, update your 3+ year old MB to the current 3.2, or even better, the very stable 3.3. It's quite possible the reported issue has been fixed.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

wendi

Ok.  I'm now at version 3.2.6902.  It still won't export an absolute file path playlist.

sveakul

... or even better, the very stable 3.3. It's quite possible the reported issue has been fixed.

wendi:  give 3.3 a try like phred suggested above.  Start here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=27074.msg155943#msg155943  Then, grab the latest patch to 3.3 from the link in phred's signature file and apply that.  My bet is that will fix the problem.

wendi

Just to be sure I will be doing this correctly... 

I downloaded from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0h3rnvh8d91akc4/MusicBee_Setup_3_3_7003.zip?dl=1

Then I downloaded from here:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

The first one contains a setup executable MusicBee_Setup_3_3_7003.exe.  The second one contains a collection of files, including MusicBee.exe, although no setup file.  Do I run the first one, installing over my existing copy of MusicBee, and the just copy over the files from the second one?

W.

phred

• Global Moderator
Yes, you've got it correct.

Use first one first - the one you got from the dropbox link. Run MusicBee_Setup to install (over your existing set up.) Then take the second one and unzip the files and copy them over to where your install is. You should be prompted to overwrite existing files. You should allow it. If you don't, you won't be updated.

Let us know how you make out.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

wendi

That fixed the problem.  Thank you both for your advice.  W.

phred

• Global Moderator
Great to hear you've got it working.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki