Author Topic: keeping Tag Editor panel(s) in sync real-time when tags are changed  (Read 1239 times)

hiccup

Sometimes I will be in some editing streak, editing tracks having both the regular Tag Editor and the Vertical Tag Editor open.
(the vertical one showing ones that are more difficult to reach with the regular one)

I am aware that I am asking for trouble having two edit panels open at the same time, but still…

When editing a value in the Vertical Tag editor and press 'save', things seem fine.
But then I might edit another value in the regular Tag Editor, and press 'save' there.
In that case the earlier edit using the Vertical Tag editor will be undone.

It would be nice if these panels could be kept in sync real-time.

P.S.
The same will happen when having the regular Tag Editor panel open, and using a keyboard shortcut to edit a tag using AT&RT.
The AT&RT edit will also be undone after pressing 'save' in the Tag Editor panel.
It would be nice if the Tag Editor would also be able to notice and update when tags are changed using AT&RT.

boroda

+100.

it would be great if any tag editor (floating, vertical, horizontal) was auto-updated on any tag change of selected track if no tags were changes (and unsaved) in tag editor. if tags were changed and not saved, tag editor would ask if it should reload tags. possibly only one question is sufficient if several tag editors are opened.
Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 04:20:36 PM by boroda