Author Topic: A-Z Jumpbar Wishes  (Read 495 times)

The Incredible Boom Boom

Two improvement requests for the A-Z Jumpbar.

1) Manually select the date bar or the A-Z bar. Self-explanatory.

2) Select the tag the jumpbar uses. I realize this might be difficult to implement with regards to alphabetical tags, but if all DATE type fields could be made available for the date bar, I would be satisified.

Steven

• Administrator
1) Manually select the date bar or the A-Z bar. Self-explanatory.

2) Select the tag the jumpbar uses. I realize this might be difficult to implement with regards to alphabetical tags, but if all DATE type fields could be made available for the date bar, I would be satisified.
I am not really getting either request.
For 1, just set the data type of the field to the date type in the Fields Configuration dialog
For 2, the main panel needs to be sorted by the field being jumped to for it to work. So why not just use the sort field which is what MB does now?

The Incredible Boom Boom

I am not really getting either request.
For 1, just set the data type of the field to the date type in the Fields Configuration dialog
For 2, the main panel needs to be sorted by the field being jumped to for it to work. So why not just use the sort field which is what MB does now?

1) Currently, the jumpbar determines whether to use dates or alphabet according to the View one is using. This requests asks for the ability to select dates when using the Artists View, for example.
2) Ultimately what I'm trying to do is set the jumpbar to use tracks' <Original Year> in a Custom View that is based on the Artists View. I also sort tracks in this View with a relatively complex Virtual Tag.

I made my own ugly date bar (Column Browser), but I'd love to one day use the better looking internal one. This Virtual Tag in the Browser uses <Original Tear> for contemporary music, but for the JAZZ tab, it displays the <Original Year> only if there is no recording date (another Virtual Tag) present, otherwise the recording date is used.

After your explanations, however, it seems this might not be feasible without totally reworking how the jumpbar works.
Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 05:50:52 PM by The Incredible Boom Boom