Author Topic: Synchronization keeps aborting with no errors...  (Read 2286 times)

Matikitorch

Hello! So I am brand new to MusicBee, so far it seems like a great piece of software, however I am hitting a brick wall and I don't know why or what to do.

I have a Google Pixel 2 that I am trying to synchronize my playlists with and it keeps stopping... It doesn't give me any error message. I checked the error log and the last log was from 3 months ago, nothing new. These music files that it keeps stopping on are there, I can go in my music library and play them with no problems.

Why is it doing this?

Here are some images of what it does. I hit 'synchronize' (is this British-based?  :-X ), it takes a few minutes to start up and then I maybe copy 0-5 files before it stops. Sometimes it aborts on the first file, other times I get a few files in before it stops. Whenever it aborts, I close the popup window and hit 'synchronize' again and that last song that it aborted in usually goes through, but then gets stopped on the next one. What's going on?

phred

• Global Moderator
MB version number (Help > About)?
Windows store, installable, or portable?
Wired sync or WiFi?
Format of the playlists?
Format of the music tracks?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Matikitorch

Installable (I'll try the window store, didn't know they had one)

Wired sync or WiFi?
Wired sync with USB-C

Format of the playlists?
.mbp

Format of the music tracks?
.mp3

phred

• Global Moderator
You might try the latest 3.3 patch. See my sig.

Installable (I'll try the window store, didn't know they had one)
Don't! The store version isn't as up to date as the other two.

Format of the playlists?
.mbp
No - that's the format of the playlists as stored by MB. They won't be recognized by any other program. Determine what playlist format(s) the device reads/accepts and set it in device options. AFAIK you can't sync mbp playlists via MB.

If you're still having issues a screenshot of the device settings as configured in MB might be helpful.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Matikitorch

I'm getting an exception when trying to update MusicBee to 3.3.

Code
3/9/2019 6:05:57 PM - 10.0.17134.0 - 3.3.7003.18853 - System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '#=zscV_f3JqMTZkb6SYre4ZpOo=' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'MusicBeeBass.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at #=zscV_f3JqMTZkb6SYre4ZpOo=.#=zrJS6uRcGFTQp10FuHYi$og6xL$$0()
   at #=zscV_f3JqMTZkb6SYre4ZpOo=..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at #=zscV_f3JqMTZkb6SYre4ZpOo=.#=z4ac1UfE=()
   at #=zYQtXvGBsfm_JD1nNUp1jGxVDY3pF.#=zk9wcGU8=(#=zuZHg1Av__yErlivudWP7i2wkltlK #=zveg98zyxcKnF, #=zYnGI9LxH6kC_rbLLmUvULSb3j0PF #=zvNKsNf8=)
   at #=zudNwOGY2bXpxEhg72oEmRvE=.#=zEoafDzmAS2lS(#=z0QAqfczDSSAuZ4JLlw== #=zVDXw6Ap7pIUI, String #=zH0t0d$c=)
   at #=zudNwOGY2bXpxEhg72oEmRvE=.#=z97KIhm3Uo0h2()

3/9/2019 6:05:58 PM - 10.0.17134.0 - 3.3.7003.18853 - System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '#=zscV_f3JqMTZkb6SYre4ZpOo=' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'MusicBeeBass.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at #=zscV_f3JqMTZkb6SYre4ZpOo=.#=zrJS6uRcGFTQp10FuHYi$og6xL$$0()
   at #=zscV_f3JqMTZkb6SYre4ZpOo=..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at #=zscV_f3JqMTZkb6SYre4ZpOo=.#=z4ac1UfE=()
   at #=zYQtXvGBsfm_JD1nNUp1jGxVDY3pF.#=zk9wcGU8=(#=zuZHg1Av__yErlivudWP7i2wkltlK #=zveg98zyxcKnF, #=zYnGI9LxH6kC_rbLLmUvULSb3j0PF #=zvNKsNf8=)
   at #=zudNwOGY2bXpxEhg72oEmRvE=.#=zEoafDzmAS2lS(#=z0QAqfczDSSAuZ4JLlw== #=zVDXw6Ap7pIUI, String #=zH0t0d$c=)
   at #=zudNwOGY2bXpxEhg72oEmRvE=.#=z97KIhm3Uo0h2()

As far as the playlist format is concerned, I can't find what my phone supports. I am just using Google Play Music on Android 9. All I can find is supported music file formats :https://support.google.com/googleplaymusic/answer/1100462?hl=en

Here are the settings I currently am using.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm getting an exception when trying to update MusicBee to 3.3.

Are you using the files in the zip to overwrite the files in your musicbee install folder?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Matikitorch

I didn't realize that you had instructions right below your signature, I was attempting to execute the .exe. I overrode the files and now it is just not working. When I try to synchronize then i get a popup (the same kind that I posted in the original post) that says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I will go back to version 3.2.

Do you think this is a MusicBee problem? How are my settings, any that I should change?

Thank you for your help and time by the way.

Matikitorch

I did a thorough uninstall, registry and everything. Then I reinstalled it (the installer version) and everything works fine now... I put the settings back to the way they were and I can sync up all of my playlists without any issue or abortions.

I don't know what was the problem... I wish I could replicate it to see what caused it. If I do, I'll make sure I'm back here, but for now, it's fixed. A simple re installation did the trick.

Thank you phred and psychoadept for your time and assistance, really appreciate it.