Author Topic: Synching playlists with Blackplayer  (Read 10567 times)

Sani

I just tried it by syncing a playlist in 'Device Preferences' and it worked pretty well. The songs came into my 'Music' folder of the phone instantly thus imported automatically to the android player i use i.e. BlackPlayer.

But the problem is that if i want to delete this playlist/songs from my phone i cannot unsync from the phone/computer. Deleting manually is illogical after syncing. I unchecked that playlist in MusicBee preferences but that didn't reflect in the phone. Will it be possible only with 2 way Wifi Sync?

Also there should be an option to include folders manually in the preferences like if i want to just sync only two albums then why do i need to sync whole music? And there should be an easy way to do it like you should be able to just right-click on any album in MusicBee and click Sync and boom it goes to the phone.
Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 07:48:12 PM by Steven

Sani

Also there should be an option to include folders manually in the preferences like if i want to just sync only two albums then why do i need to sync whole music? And there should be an easy way to do it like you should be able to just right-click on any album in MusicBee and click Sync and boom it goes to the phone.

you can do that with wired sync, using right click/ Send To/ Device

Thank you for pointing this out.

I'm also having problems with playlists. I use BlackPlayer so when i do import playlist's m3u files into player's Playlist directory it doesn't detect it. I mean playlists don't appears inside the player but the tracks did. The directory is correct but i don't know why is it not working. It would be awesome if i can import whole playlists from MusicBee into BlackPlayer.

Steven

• Administrator
I use BlackPlayer so when i do import playlist's m3u files into player's Playlist directory it doesn't detect it. I mean playlists don't appears inside the player but the tracks did. The directory is correct but i don't know why is it not working. It would be awesome if i can import whole playlists from MusicBee into BlackPlayer.
Does BlackPlayer work with playlists synced by MB with a wired connection? The playlist content is no different whether its wired sync or wireless, and you will need to raise it with the BlackPlayer developer. The file paths in the playlist are relative to the root folder of the card and in windows format, so its possible BlackPlayer cant handle that

phred

• Global Moderator
There seems to be no way to set it back to sync M3U files again  :-\
You say you're seeing m3u in the preview, so make sure they're not going to a different folder rather than the one expected.

If you find they're truly not being copied over try manually deleting the pla files on the device and then resyncing.
Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 02:48:33 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Sani

I use BlackPlayer so when i do import playlist's m3u files into player's Playlist directory it doesn't detect it. I mean playlists don't appears inside the player but the tracks did. The directory is correct but i don't know why is it not working. It would be awesome if i can import whole playlists from MusicBee into BlackPlayer.
Does BlackPlayer work with playlists synced by MB with a wired connection? The playlist content is no different whether its wired sync or wireless, and you will need to raise it with the BlackPlayer developer. The file paths in the playlist are relative to the root folder of the card and in windows format, so its possible BlackPlayer cant handle that

Man, this whole syncing system should be straightforward. Even wired sync gives me issue with playlists. It only copies the tracks of the playlist and not the playlist file (.m3u) itself. Even if i give the directory path to BlackPlayer's playlists folder it doesn't go there.

Sync would be useful if it copies the tracks to Music folder and Playlists to the android player's folder for Playlists as in my case it would be BlackPlayer\Playlists

frankz

Even wired sync gives me issue with playlists. It only copies the tracks of the playlist and not the playlist file (.m3u) itself.
This is not true.  What version of MB are you using?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Man, this whole syncing system should be straightforward. Even wired sync gives me issue with playlists. It only copies the tracks of the playlist and not the playlist file (.m3u) itself. Even if i give the directory path to BlackPlayer's playlists folder it doesn't go there.

Sync would be useful if it copies the tracks to Music folder and Playlists to the android player's folder for Playlists as in my case it would be BlackPlayer\Playlists

Not sure exactly how you have your device settings configured, but Wired sync has worked fine for ages!!
I've never used the Android Player name, as I tried 5 or 6 different players before I settled on the one I use now.

This is how my settings are currently for my device "SM-J500FN" (Android 6.0.1), and all works fine on Wired and Wifi..

Storage path:  [SM-J500FN\Card\]
Playlist path:   [SM-J500FN\Card\Playlists\]

If I remove the "Card\" part - then music files are copied to the "Music" and playlists to "Playlists" folder the "phone".
I created those two folders originally using the device (Phone), although this may no longer be required as Steven, the MB and App developer, has made many improvements to syncing during the last few weeks..
Hope this helps, good luck.

phred

• Global Moderator
As Steven suggests, it's possible BlackPlayer doesn't handle .m3u playlists. Have you check its documentation? Or contacted its developer?

Most of us who have tested the brand new (alpha) version of WiFi sync ran into a few issues - as expected on any alpha. But for the most part it's working quite well at this point. And syncing m3u playlists with no issue.

And wired syncing has been working well for years. I suspect your issue has something to do with your player or your MB device config. Or both. Posting a screenshot of your device settings might be helpful. Also look in MB's error log (Help > Support > View Error Log) for any clues. And in the android's download folder for MusicBeeWifiSyncErrorLog.txt.

Screenshots: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3998.msg153348#msg153348[/quote]
Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 11:30:05 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Sani

Well guys, sorry for being a little noob here.  :-[  I have never used wired sync feature before and always copy/paste album folders directly to the phone via Windows Explorer. But with this new Wi-Fi Sync feature i thought to give it a try but failed miserably.

I love BlackPlayer and has it's paid version. I want to keep using it. So that's why i want that MB put .m3u playlist files directly to BlackPlayer's Playlists folder and not in the root of Internal Storage.

I will try again and let you guys know. Thanks.

phred

• Global Moderator
We're trying to help you by asking for further information and you seem to either be ignoring it or not providing it. If you want help, you've got to give a little. See my reply #288.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Sani

We're trying to help you by asking for further information and you seem to either be ignoring it or not providing it. If you want help, you've got to give a little. See my reply #288.

You can see my 'Device Preferences' in the below screenshot. I never changed storage path as it don't gives me an issue. It copies the tracks or folders in the Music directory of android. For Playlists, i changed the directory to [BlackPlayer\Playlists\] so it copies to player's playlists and then appears in the player itself too.

Device Preferences

Now to transfer the whole Playlist to my phone, i used 'Send to Device' feature by right-clicking. It copied the tracks and playlist but the problem is that Playlist i copied is not being displayed in the player itself. I don't know what's wrong here. You can see in the below that playlist file (.m3u) is copied to player's directory.

Playlist file in Phone

frankz

You can see my 'Device Preferences' in the below screenshot. I never changed storage path as it don't gives me an issue. It copies the tracks or folders in the Music directory of android. For Playlists, i changed the directory to [BlackPlayer\Playlists\] so it copies to player's playlists and then appears in the player itself too.

Device Preferences

Now to transfer the whole Playlist to my phone, i used 'Send to Device' feature by right-clicking. It copied the tracks and playlist but the problem is that Playlist i copied is not being displayed in the player itself. I don't know what's wrong here. You can see in the below that playlist file (.m3u) is copied to player's directory.

Playlist file in Phone
A question about why Blackplayer isn't displaying playlists that are on your phone is really a question for Blackplayer's forums, as MB is doing what you told it to and putting the playlist where you told it to put it.

But my guess is that the Blackplayer\Playlists folder is for playlists generated within that player and for its own copies of external playlists it finds elsewhere, which it would look for in a subdirectory of your Music folder.  I only say that because that's the way every other player I've ever used on Android works.

But again, MB is doing what you ask it to correctly, so this isn't a MusicBee problem.

Sani

Device Preferences

Playlist file in Phone
A question about why Blackplayer isn't displaying playlists that are on your phone is really a question for Blackplayer's forums, as MB is doing what you told it to and putting the playlist where you told it to put it.

But my guess is that the Blackplayer\Playlists folder is for playlists generated within that player and for its own copies of external playlists it finds elsewhere, which it would look for in a subdirectory of your Music folder.  I only say that because that's the way every other player I've ever used on Android works.

But again, MB is doing what you ask it to correctly, so this isn't a MusicBee problem.

Yes sir. MB exports the Playlist files to the desired location but BlackPlayer isn't reading it automatically so i tried by using the Import option in BlackPlayer to import .m3u file i exported via MB and it worked fine. But this pain in the ** to do it again and again and ruin the experience. I will contact the developer BlackPlayer about it.

Thank you for your help buddy!

frankz

Yes sir. MB exports the Playlist files to the desired location but BlackPlayer isn't reading it automatically so i tried by using the Import option in BlackPlayer to import .m3u file i exported via MB and it worked fine. But this pain in the ** to do it again and again and ruin the experience. I will contact the developer BlackPlayer about it.

No problem.  But I think you may have missed the advice in what I was saying.

Have MB put your playlists in \Music\Playlists and have Blackplayer scan \Music\ and it will pick up the playlists.  It seems \Blackplayer\Playlists\ is an internal folder and not one where the player expect to find external synchronized playlists.

Sani

No problem.  But I think you may have missed the advice in what I was saying.

Have MB put your playlists in \Music\Playlists and have Blackplayer scan \Music\ and it will pick up the playlists.  It seems \Blackplayer\Playlists\ is an internal folder and not one where the player expect to find external synchronized playlists.

I did follow your advice bro but that didn't work automatically. It only do what [BlackPlayer/Playlists/] was doing. It creates a folder 'Playlists' in Music directory and places .m3u but BlackPlayer isn't detecting it automatically. I had to use 'Import Playlists from Android Library' option in Blackplayer and it worked like it did with [BlackPlayer/Playlists].

It's strange that BlackPlayer isn't detecting these playlists automatically whereas there is no problem with the tracks themselves.