Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310773 times)

tomboudiboudi

Hi  :)

I tried to sync my Android 11with Musicbee Wifi Sync, but I get sync failure from the App and Musicbee itself every time...
Here is the message from the app : "A non-recoverable error occured during synchronization process. Restart the app and try again."

Here is my Musicbee Wifi Sync app's error log, if someone could take a look:
MB version : 3.4.8033
MB Wifi Sync version : 2.0.0 (69)
GMMP version : 3.2.9

It says something about the connection getting reset. I would make sure your firewall is setup correctly and antivirus is excluding MusicBee.

After checking firewall's rules, Musicbee seems authorized for either public and private network. I just added an exclusion rule for Musicbee in Windows Defender, but the issue is still, I can't wifi-sync my phone. Any ideas ? or other rules to creat in windows fire-wall ?

laureltrees

I ran into some issues trying to sync yesterday to my phone, as there were lots of "access denied" errors when trying to copy certain albums. As it turns out, the SD card was full (and hence Android wouldn't let the app add new files, as there was no space), but this wasn't at all obvious because of the weird access denied messages, and I wasted quite a while trying to fix until I realised what was wrong.

When syncs fail / errors happen, could a check happen to make sure it isn't the storage device being full causing the fail? Alternatively, maybe always show how full the storage device has become at the start/end of every sync, with an additional warning if it's full. Would help to diagnose silly (but not obvious) issues like this one. Thanks!

AlvinaBowden

After checking firewall's rules, Musicbee seems authorized for either public and private network. I just added an exclusion rule for Musicbee in Windows Defender, but the issue is still, I can't wifi-sync my phone. Any ideas ? or other rules to creat in windows fire-wall ?
[/quote]

Same here. Have you found the answer?
Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 08:58:14 AM by AlvinaBowden

Boblemagicien

HI guys,

I have a problem with the wifi sync. I used it from 2 years ago without any problem. Last month I bought a android 12 phone so I have to do the "boringname" trick (thanks a lot) and it worked very well. But since 2 days, I can't sync anymore, I got the "jave malformed input" problem with 2 phones, one on android 9 and the new one on android 12. I tried uninstall, delete cache, the "boringname" trick, the original app. I also reinstall java on my computer but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Yesterday I have deleted ezverything on my phone, the sync worked but at 98% it did the same error and I can't sync anymore. I tried with both gonemad player and poweramp. I realy need the 2 way sync so is there any way to solve this problem ? Or is there a way to manually sync the playcount from android to windows ?

Thanks

(Sorry for my english, french guy here  ;D )

Boblemagicien

I just found what it was. I spotted the "javaudtformatexception" so I searched and it was just because of one my last music uses uncommon letter. I replaced it and it works !

ACardAttack

You have to manually go through android settings and change allow only media files to allow all files.
This worked for me with modified wifi app
Settings
Apps
Musicbee wifi sync
Permissions
Files and settings

I dont seem to be able to do this in on my samsung S20 Android 12, I cant seem to get it to have all files, media is the only one I got

Anyone else been able to get around wifi sync and needing access to the root sd card folder?  It just stopped working probably a few months ago, there was no update to my phone in that time, Ive cleared all data from the app as well.  I guess it could have been a google thing that was pushed through a play store update

Shougun

You have to manually go through android settings and change allow only media files to allow all files.
Settings
Apps
Musicbee wifi sync
Permissions
Files and settings

I dont seem to be able to do this in on my samsung S20 Android 12, I cant seem to get it to have all files, media is the only one I got

Anyone else been able to get around wifi sync and needing access to the root sd card folder?  It just stopped working probably a few months ago, there was no update to my phone in that time, Ive cleared all data from the app as well.  I guess it could have been a google thing that was pushed through a play store update

Followed BoringName's steps, and it gave an access error-- continued to follow his steps by going to setttings (I also have a samsung, though its a 22 u) and searched for special access, selected the result, selected "all files access", and then found music bee wifi sync app and gave it access. Now it works :)

My phone is not rooted, for context.

From reading your post, and what I did initially myself lol, I imagine you're checking permissions of the app specifically-- you can't get to where you need to be by looking at the specific app's access permissions. All file access is it's own menu found in settings (that lists all the apps that have requested the permission and shows if they have it or not), so you go there first and then find the app in question from that space ^_^
Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 10:16:49 PM by Shougun

ACardAttack

Settings
Apps
Musicbee wifi sync
Permissions
Files and settings

Anyone else been able to get around wifi sync and needing access to the root sd card folder?  It just stopped working probably a few months ago, there was no update to my phone in that time, Ive cleared all data from the app as well.  I guess it could have been a google thing that was pushed through a play store update

Followed BoringName's steps, and it gave an access error-- continued to follow his steps by going to setttings (I also have a samsung, though its a 22 u) and searched for special access, selected the result, selected "all files access", and then found music bee wifi sync app and gave it access. Now it works :)

From reading your post, and what I did initially myself lol, I imagine you're checking permissions of the app specifically-- you can't get to where you need to be by looking at the specific app's access permissions. All file access is it's own menu found in settings (that lists all the apps that have requested the permission and shows if they have it or not), so you go there first and then find the app in question from that space ^_^

I tried that with no luck

From settings - apps it shows the app has files and media permission, click that it shows files and media, but if I click on files and media it shows allow access to media only.  despite it saying files and media in the screen before.  Go to the app, it stil wont let me select sd card

Shougun

Settings
Apps
Musicbee wifi sync
Permissions
Files and settings

I tried that with no luck

From settings - apps it shows the app has files and media permission, click that it shows files and media, but if I click on files and media it shows allow access to media only.  despite it saying files and media in the screen before.  Go to the app, it stil wont let me select sd card

Sounds like you're still going to the app and then trying to find the setting. Don't do that, find the setting and then find the app.

If I understand correctly you're doing:

Search for app -> go into app's settings -> click file permissions -> see only media options -> no profit

Which to be fair makes the most sense, but just don't because it wont work lol (I did this first too).

You need to:

Search for "all file access" in the generic settings app (I don't know if you can even find it manually, so to save time I just use the search feature) -> select this, get into a menu with a big list titled special access -> select first option "all file access" -> find the app in question (music bee in this case) -> ensure the little flip switch is blue (toggled to the right, meaning active) -> profit

:)
Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 03:13:13 PM by Shougun

ACardAttack

Sounds like you're still going to the app and then trying to find the setting. Don't do that, find the setting and then find the app.

If I understand correctly you're doing:

Search for app -> go into app's settings -> click file permissions -> see only media options -> no profit

Which to be fair makes the most sense, but just don't because it wont work lol (I did this first too).

You need to:

Search for "all file access" in the generic settings app (I don't know if you can even find it manually, so to save time I just use the search feature) -> select this, get into a menu with a big list titled special access -> select first option "all file access" -> find the app in question (music bee in this case) -> ensure the little flip switch is blue (toggled to the right, meaning active) -> profit

:)

Sadly Music bee is not in this list of apps under "all file access"

onlikerop

Hi there!
I am getting an error while trying to sync my PC with Xiaomi 12 Pro. There is message "MusicBee can't match the device name to an existing configuration. Enter the device name that is displayed in MusicBee:". I think that the problem is in technical naming of my device. While MusicBee on my PC identify it as "Xiaomi 12 Pro", MusicBee Wifi Sync says that its name is "2201122G". I tried to enter "Xiaomi 12 Pro" into the input field, but it doesn't work for me. Also I already tried to reinstall both apps on PC and android device, delete device on PC and do a wire-sync again, so I have no idea what should I do next

Madmaxneo

Hello,
I am having the issue some others seem to be having. When attempting Wifi Sync I get the error "Can't use this folder". I then go down and select the Music folder but then I get the error Folder "Music" is not valid. You must select the SD card root folder and not one of it's sub-folder. The odd thing is I am not using an SD card as my phone has enough storage on it for the playlists I listen to.

Note 10+ on Android 12.
Using GoneMad music player.
Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 10:03:35 PM by Madmaxneo

robsonc

The MiXplorer app solution has been great to sync on my Fold 4. The change from Itunes and IPhone to android using now Music Bee couldn't be better. I now have an even better organized library and I can sync my play counts and preserve my my listening database. I'm really grateful. The wifi sync works so fast! It's amazing.

But the problem I have now is that the MusicBee Wifi Sync app refuses to delete the songs it needs to delete whenever I make any changes. It asks for confirmation, it says the synchronization was succefull, but if I go and sync again they all still shows up to be deleted. I need to go trough another app (files) and delete them manually. Anyone having this issue? Any solution?