Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310557 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Using 3.4.7970 P

Last week I got a new 1tb SD Card for my Samsung A42. I did a wired sync preview first and then performed a sync via WiFi. I was syncing approximately 34,000 files along with 90 playlists. The sync took 12-14 hours to complete.

Yesterday I added a new album to my library and when I did a sync preview (using the WiFi Sync app) it showed in excess of 33j, 000 files to be copied. The only change made to the library was the addition of 12 tracks. I went ahead with the sync and it took about an hour. Today I added another album (27 tracks) and again did a WiFi sync preview. It again showed in excess of 33,000 files to be copied. I went ahead with the sync and after three hours it was only at 6%, so I aborted it.

Looking at the date/time stamp for some of the files that did sync, it appears as today's date and time. So existing files are being overwritten. As I said at the beginning, nothing has changed in these files, they are already on the SD card, so they should not be syncing again.

Why is it doing this and how can it be prevented? This is a huge waste of time.

Thanks.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

klint

This has been happening to me all the time for some months with USB sync (I'm not using wifi sync). Maybe it is related though?
Anyway, it seems some change done (done by windows 10?) is detected by musicbee on the fly. But the rescan feature does not detect these changes.
So, the workaround for me is to rescan all the files with a recent last update timestamp according to musicbee. Then the date is set back to the real last update and most of the files will not be synced. Until next time

Steven

• Administrator
could you run this debug version and send me the new info (approx 100 lines) at the end of the error log

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t064z5t1tm7eepp/MusicBeeDebugSync.zip/file

phred

• Global Moderator
could you run this debug version and send me the new info (approx 100 lines) at the end of the error log
Thanks for taking a look at this, Steven.

Rather than give up 12-14 hours for a complete sync with the debug version, I ran a preview and before going ahead I looked at the error log. Here are the 110 entries from today's test, but when I tried to post them here, SMF said I exceeded the maximum limit. I have zipped them and uploaded to mediafire and sent the link to you via PM.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

frankz

FYI I've had this happen before when changing storage, and the reason has been having two identically named device profiles (the second created automatically when the new storage replaced the old storage).  Something to consider.

phred

• Global Moderator
FYI I've had this happen before when changing storage, and the reason has been having two identically named device profiles (the second created automatically when the new storage replaced the old storage).  Something to consider.
I appreciate the suggestion but there is only one profile for the device I'm using.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
can you let me know the naming template used in the device settings for the music files

phred

• Global Moderator
can you let me know the naming template used in the device settings for the music files
Code
Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc-Track#> - <Title>

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator

phred

• Global Moderator
could you use this one and repeat - the error log file produced will be very large
PM with link sent

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Fivda

Tried to do it, and I did manage to get a few files ported over to my phone but it didn't take long for it to give me an error.

Code
2021-11-08: LG-H840;  6.0.1;  2.0.0
01:47:50: locate: search=192.168.1., exclude==16
01:47:50: ping: socket ok=/192.168.1.13
01:47:50: ping: hello=MusicBeeWifiSyncServer/1.0
01:47:50: ping: matched=/192.168.1.13,status=FAIL
01:49:12: locate: search=192.168.1., exclude==16
01:49:12: ping: socket ok=/192.168.1.13
01:49:12: ping: hello=MusicBeeWifiSyncServer/1.0
01:49:12: ping: matched=/192.168.1.13,status=FAIL
01:50:05: locate: search=192.168.1., exclude==16
01:50:05: ping: socket ok=/192.168.1.13
01:50:05: ping: hello=MusicBeeWifiSyncServer/1.0
01:50:05: ping: matched=/192.168.1.13,status=OK
01:50:05: ping: socket ok=/192.168.1.13
01:50:06: ping: hello=MusicBeeWifiSyncServer/1.0
01:50:06: ping: matched=/192.168.1.13,status=OK
01:53:24: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/Philips/Tetris CD-i (Gamerip)/1-05 - Level 4.mp3
01:53:26: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/Philips/Tetris CD-i (Gamerip)/1-06 - Level 5.mp3
01:53:28: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/Philips/Tetris CD-i (Gamerip)/1-07 - Level 6.mp3
01:53:30: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/Philips/Tetris CD-i (Gamerip)/1-08 - Level 7.mp3
01:53:32: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/Philips/Tetris CD-i (Gamerip)/1-09 - Level 8.mp3
01:53:33: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/Philips/Tetris CD-i (Gamerip)/1-10 - Level 9.mp3
01:53:35: createFile: Music/Various Artists/Crayon Physics Deluxe/1-01 - Lullaby.mp3: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference, folder=null
01:53:35: receiveFile: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference: file=Music/Various Artists/Crayon Physics Deluxe/1-01 - Lullaby.mp3
01:53:36: createFile: Music/Various Artists/Crayon Physics Deluxe/1-02 - Afternoon Snooze.mp3: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference, folder=null
01:53:36: receiveFile: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference: file=Music/Various Artists/Crayon Physics Deluxe/1-02 - Afternoon Snooze.mp3
01:53:37: createFile: Music/Various Artists/Crayon Physics Deluxe/1-03 - Crayon Dreams.mp3: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference, folder=null
01:53:37: receiveFile: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference: file=Music/Various Artists/Crayon Physics Deluxe/1-03 - Crayon Dreams.mp3
01:53:38: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS/Fire Emblem Echoes꞉ Shadows of Valentia Original Soundtrack/5-01 - Stairway of Delight.mp3
01:53:45: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS/Fire Emblem Echoes꞉ Shadows of Valentia Original Soundtrack/5-12 - Mystery of the Divine Realm.mp3
01:53:51: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS/Fire Emblem Echoes꞉ Shadows of Valentia Original Soundtrack/5-13 - Eternal Glory.mp3
01:53:56: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS/Fire Emblem Echoes꞉ Shadows of Valentia Original Soundtrack/5-16 - The Borders of Justice.mp3
01:54:00: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS/Fire Emblem Echoes꞉ Shadows of Valentia Original Soundtrack/5-19 - The Heritors of Arcadia [English version].mp3
01:54:06: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS/Fire Emblem Echoes꞉ Shadows of Valentia Original Soundtrack/5-32 - The Ark of Dawn (Classic).mp3
01:54:09: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS/Fire Emblem Echoes꞉ Shadows of Valentia Original Soundtrack/5-33 - Undiscovered Horizons (Classic).mp3
01:54:13: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS/Fire Emblem Echoes꞉ Shadows of Valentia Original Soundtrack/5-40 - Twilight of the Gods (Classic).mp3
01:54:16: createFile: Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-01 - PRIVATE SERVICE.mp3: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference, folder=null
01:54:16: receiveFile: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference: file=Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-01 - PRIVATE SERVICE.mp3
01:54:17: createFile: Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-02 - Mask of Guilty.mp3: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference, folder=null
01:54:17: receiveFile: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference: file=Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-02 - Mask of Guilty.mp3
01:54:17: createFile: Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-03 - NO!gen-AK.mp3: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference, folder=null
01:54:17: receiveFile: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference: file=Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-03 - NO!gen-AK.mp3
01:54:18: createFile: Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-05 - Navigator.mp3: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference, folder=null
01:54:18: receiveFile: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference: file=Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-05 - Navigator.mp3
01:54:19: createFile: Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-06 - Quender Oui.mp3: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference, folder=null
01:54:19: receiveFile: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference: file=Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-06 - Quender Oui.mp3
01:54:19: createFile: Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-07 - Blue Noise 2.mp3: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference, folder=null
01:54:19: receiveFile: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference: file=Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-07 - Blue Noise 2.mp3
01:54:20: createFile: Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-08 - Nathasia ’99.mp3: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference, folder=null
01:54:20: receiveFile: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference: file=Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-08 - Nathasia ’99.mp3
01:54:21: createFile: Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-09 - Subconsious Asian Soul.mp3: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference, folder=null
01:54:21: receiveFile: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference: file=Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-09 - Subconsious Asian Soul.mp3
01:54:22: createFile: Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-10 - NO!gen-AK<״Take me higher״> ״Classical house ver״.mp3: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference, folder=null
01:54:22: receiveFile: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference: file=Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-10 - NO!gen-AK<״Take me higher״> ״Classical house ver״.mp3
01:54:22: createFile: Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-11 - Quender Oui<״I just feel it״> ״Soft touch house ver״.mp3: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference, folder=null
01:54:22: receiveFile: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference: file=Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-11 - Quender Oui<״I just feel it״> ״Soft touch house ver״.mp3
01:54:23: createFile: Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-12 - Mask of Guilty<״Spread wings break free״> ״Another night groove ver״.mp3: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference, folder=null
01:54:23: receiveFile: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference: file=Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-12 - Mask of Guilty<״Spread wings break free״> ״Another night groove ver״.mp3
01:54:25: createFile: Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-13 - Remix Tracks.mp3: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference, folder=null
01:54:25: receiveFile: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getAuthority()' on a null object reference: file=Music/TWOFIVE/Paca Paca Passion 2/1-13 - Remix Tracks.mp3
01:54:25: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/Toshihiko Sahashi/Kamen Rider AGITO MUSIC & SONG COLLECTION/1-01 - Unending Deathmatch.mp3
01:54:29: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/Toshihiko Sahashi/Kamen Rider AGITO MUSIC & SONG COLLECTION/1-04 - Opposition.mp3
01:54:33: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/Toshihiko Sahashi/Kamen Rider AGITO MUSIC & SONG COLLECTION/1-05 - Conflict.mp3
01:54:38: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/Toshihiko Sahashi/Kamen Rider AGITO MUSIC & SONG COLLECTION/1-06 - Unknown.mp3
01:54:42: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/Toshihiko Sahashi/Kamen Rider AGITO MUSIC & SONG COLLECTION/1-07 - G3-X & Agito!.mp3
01:54:48: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/Toshihiko Sahashi/Kamen Rider AGITO MUSIC & SONG COLLECTION/1-08 - Agito VS Gills!!.mp3
01:54:55: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/Toshihiko Sahashi/Kamen Rider AGITO MUSIC & SONG COLLECTION/1-14 - G3-X Mobilize!.mp3
01:54:57: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/Toshihiko Sahashi/Kamen Rider AGITO MUSIC & SONG COLLECTION/1-18 - Transform!.mp3
01:55:01: receiveFile: java.io.IOException: write failed: EIO (I/O error): file=Music/Toshihiko Sahashi/Kamen Rider AGITO MUSIC & SONG COLLECTION/1-24 - It's Trouble!.mp3
01:58:38: tryStart0: java.net.SocketException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException
01:59:10: tryStart1: java.net.SocketException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException

frankz

Tried to do it, and I did manage to get a few files ported over to my phone but it didn't take long for it to give me an error.

Is that going to a card? Personally I'd be worried that my storage was going bad. 

Fivda

Is that going to a card? Personally I'd be worried that my storage was going bad.  
It is, but it's got 100+gb of free space and i'm auto-converting my music into mp3 so it shouldn't be a problem, but it is weird.
Ever since i posted, i retried it multiple times, and i got it to work up until 20% were it just stopped working. So i did a wired transfer to retry, and it got to 50% until it stopped working giving me the usual error i've had for a while now. And now i can't locate the server again when doing it wireless, it just gives me statut=failed despite finding the IP and everything.
Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 04:13:55 PM by Fivda

HerrMerkt

I am using a Pixel 6 Pro and want to sync MusicBee to the internal storage.

I have already run a successful wired sync.

If I try to run WiFi sync, the app asks for permission to access the storage. I cannot select the internal storage root folder because Android 12 won't let me, but I also cannot access any other folder because WiFi Sync wants access to an SD card root folder. This is strange, because I selected internal storage and you can' insert an SD card into the phone.

Is there any fix for this issue?
I run Windows 11 on my laptop, but the laptop setup worked with the old phone just yesterday. So it's probably Android 12.
Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 01:15:33 AM by HerrMerkt

phred

• Global Moderator
If I try to run WiFi sync, the app asks for permission to access the storage. I cannot select the internal storage root folder because Android 12 won't let me, but I also cannot access any other folder because WiFi Sync wants access to an SD card root folder. This is strange, because I selected internal storage and you can' insert an SD card into the phone.
Please post a screenshot of MB's device settings for the Pixel.

Also, the issue may very well be related (or due) to Android 12. I can't recall anyone here mentioning that they're using it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki