Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310608 times)

Quwanti

Does a wired (USB) sync work?
In order to use the WiFi sync you must do a one-time wired preview or sync.
Has the WiFi sync ever worked for you?

From the error message you posted, I'd say it's a firewall issue as MB is refusing the connection. In your previous post you said "It doesn't seem like Musicbee is blocked by my firewall." If I'm reading the error correctly, it does seem like something is prevent the connection to be made. I suggest instead of guessing about your firewall, you actually confirm that MB is allowing connections.

I had tried disabling the firewall, but nothing changed. I just now removed musicbee from the incoming connections so I could accept the prompt again, though nothing has changed yet. I also once again tried to re-install the Wifi Sync app. It doesn't seem like I'm getting a "locate server" prompt, although to my knowledge I removed all the files related to the app from my phone.

The IPv4 address for my computer (ether) would be 192.168.1.3, while wireless would be 192.168.1.4. I have tried switching the connection from ethernet to wireless wifi, but nothing changed.

As for wired sync: After I connected the phone to the computer, Musicbee (app) does recognize the phone. Wired syncing doesn't appear to work either, however.

EDIT: I can confirm wired syncing does in fact work. Does playcount syncing work through this as well, though?

EDIT2: Got it to work after setting a static IP for my computer.
Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 11:45:16 PM by Quwanti

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Could Musicolet be added as a Reverse Sync player option please.

(I couldn't find an official plugin support page as yet, so unfortunately I've posted this in bug reports  :(  )
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
Could Musicolet be added as a Reverse Sync player option please.
It depends if they have a way of exposing the play counts, ratings and playlists. Do they have a support forum (quick google search didnt find anything)

Bee-liever

Do they have a support forum (quick google search didnt find anything)
Only on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/musicolet/
or email to the developer Maulik Raviya: [email protected]

Steven

• Administrator
Unfortunately no ratings or playcount api. You could try requesting it (I think the request is better coming from a user)

Bee-liever

Unfortunately no ratings or playcount api. You could try requesting it (I think the request is better coming from a user)
Have made the request.  Will see what the outcome is.

phildg

I am new to MusicBee from MediaMonkey but I just can't seem to get two way sync working updating playcounts and last played

I have tried both PowerAmp and gonemad and in both cases I can sync music onto my Samsung S10 but not 2 way

I am getting an error wirh GoneMad: It looks like the file /storage/emulated/0/gmmp/stats.xml doesn't exist although the error says permission denied. I check the folder and there is no sign of it

Any Ideas?

2020-12-31: SM-G975F;  10;  2.1
17:01:10: ping: socket ok=/192.168.86.245
17:01:10: ping: hello=MusicBeeWifiSyncServer/1.0
17:01:10: ping: matched=/192.168.86.245,status=OK
17:01:14: startSync: preview=false,iteration=0
17:01:14: command: action=SYNC_START
17:01:14: tryStart: connecting /192.168.86.245, attempt=0
17:01:14: tryStart: connected
17:01:14: tryStart: hello=true,fromMB=true,custfiles=false,preview=false,dev=SM-G975F,2
17:01:14: storage: path=/storage/17DC-13B8,root=17DC-13B8:,uri=content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/17DC-13B8%3A
17:01:14: syncDevice: root=/storage/17DC-13B8,ignoreErrors=false,playlists=true,ratings=true,playcount=true
17:01:14: syncDevice: command=SendPlaylists
17:01:14: syncDevice: command=SendFile
17:01:14: syncDevice: command=SendStats
17:01:14: sendStats: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /storage/emulated/0/gmmp/stats.xml: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)
17:01:14: libcore.io.IoBridge.open(IoBridge.java:496)
17:01:14: java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:235)
17:01:14: java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:186)
17:01:14: com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.WifiSyncService$SynchronisationWorker.loadGoneMadStats(WifiSyncService.java:1225)
17:01:14: com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.WifiSyncService$SynchronisationWorker.sendStats(WifiSyncService.java:1114)
17:01:14: com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.WifiSyncService$SynchronisationWorker.syncDevice(WifiSyncService.java:477)
17:01:14: com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.WifiSyncService$SynchronisationWorker.tryStartSynchronisation(WifiSyncService.java:361)
17:01:14: com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.WifiSyncService$SynchronisationWorker.run(WifiSyncService.java:247)
17:01:14: java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)
17:01:14: syncDevice: command=GetFiles
17:01:14: getFiles: Get: Music/,url=/storage/17DC-13B8/Music/, inc=true
17:01:14: getFiles: count=25
17:01:14: getFiles: Get: Podcasts/,url=/storage/17DC-13B8/Podcasts/, inc=true
17:01:14: getFiles: count=0
17:01:14: getFiles: Get: Music/Playlists/,url=/storage/17DC-13B8/Music/Playlists/, inc=false
17:01:14: getFiles: count=1
17:01:14: syncDevice: command=ReceiveFile
17:01:14: receiveFile: Receive: Music/Pearl Jam/1994 - Vitalogy/02 Spin the Black Circle.mp3
17:01:14: receiveFile: Receive: Music/Pearl Jam/1994 - Vitalogy/Pearl Jam - Vitalogy.jpg
17:01:14: receiveFile: Receive: Music/Playlists/Top 25 Most Played.m3u
17:01:14: syncDevice: command=Exit
17:01:14: exitSync: fails=0
17:01:14: waitScanFiles: start
17:01:15: waitScanFiles: done
17:01:15: syncDevice: exit

frankz

This is not a Musicbee issue

You need to backup your stats in GMMP and set that to happen automatically.

phildg

Thank you - I knew someone else must have seen the issue before

phildg

Sorry for raising another issue but I'm now getting an error saying 'Unable to retrieve statistics from GoneMad player. The unlocked version of GoneMad is required, otherwise check the GoneMad error log.'

I have nothing in the GoneMad log and I definitely have the unlocked version, and I checked. The xml file is being created and looks like a standard xml file.

I did a search and noticed this was raised about a year ago but couldn't see an answer and it seemed to be on older versions of MB.

highstrung

I am working through a similar issue (also a recent refugee from monkey-land).  I suspect it's an Android permissions issue.  I'm running Android 10 on a Galaxy S9.

If I manually trigger a 'backup stats' from GMMP, that creates the stats.xml file; after that, attempting a reverse sync shows me the "backup stats succeeded" popup (indicating it was able to trigger GMMP's backup) but nothing is actually updated in MB.

If I go into the gmmp folder on my phone, and delete that stats.xml file, then I get the same EACCESS error as appears in your logs, and never see the "backup stats succeeded" message.  Looking at the source on github, this is because if the file doesn't exist, the app tries to create it before triggering the GMMP backup, and if the creation errors out it never gets as far as the triggering.  

So my guess is that the app can neither read nor write in the /gmmp/ folder.  App permissions shows it having permissions on "Storage" but perhaps there's some further nuance to the android permissions.

phildg

I went back to PowerAmp and can now sync play counts and last played dates without issues. Although it seems you have to play another song before the last play gets synced back to musicbee but that could well be a PowerAmp issue.
Would be nice to find out more about the GoneMad issue but at least I have a solution and can continue my migration from media monkey

phildg

I'm getting very inconsistent results syncing back.
First I do a preview and it tells me 4 files are not matched and then I click the back button and re-select preview and it tells me 5 files are not matched. And doing it again gives me different files that are not matched which is very odd. See the two attached screenshots.

https://i.imgur.com/89zwv7K.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JMxabDj.jpg
Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 07:41:59 PM by phildg

highstrung

I'm not an android dev, but it appears that android 10 introduced new limitations that prevent one app from accessing another app's files, which is what the GoneMad reverse sync does. If that's the case, the requestLegacyExternalStorage  option would offer a short term workaround, but for android 11+ it would require GMMP to store the stats.xml in a different location.

SuperMrBlob

Bug report: at least for me, this feature does not work with .cue files, at least when they need to be converted to mp3. It says it works, but it only converts the first song in the cue file. The cue file is copied (so Poweramp THINKS all the songs are there) but they are not.

Otherwise really enjoying this feature. Thank-you! Hopefully you can fix this.