Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310630 times)

Steven

• Administrator
v2.0.4 - internal testers only
Should those of us not experiencing those issues download this version?
I will roll it out to beta and production over the next week or so. You only need it if you reverse sync playlists from GoneMad

phred

• Global Moderator
I will roll it out to beta and production over the next week or so. You only need it if you reverse sync playlists from GoneMad
Good to know - thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Terry Walker

Mephisto

Hi everyone,

I'm posting this here just in case, but my situation is such an edge case that I don't really expect a solution.

I'm using my android phone as a wifi hotspot, and my computer running the latest portable version of MB (3.4.7586 P) is connected to said hotspot. I'm also using the beta version (2.1) of MusicBee Wifi Sync.

My problem: after going through the wired sync, the android app can't locate the MB server. Looking at the error log, it seems the app is scanning the 0.0.0.XX IP range instead of 192.168.XX.XX, where my computer IP is located. If I use another phone as my wifi hotspot, and connect both my computer and my android phone as regular wifi clients, I can get the wifi sync to work as expected, so I don't think the problem comes from the firewall or Windows.

The reason why I'm still trying despite failing miserably each and every time is that I remember getting the wifi sync working once or twice despite the hotspot, but it happened several months ago and didn't last.

Anybody got an idea on how to solve this, or a way to manually input/override the computer IP in the android app?
Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 02:57:48 PM by Mephisto

HannibAlBundy

Hi,

Just wanted to say thank you as the last update of the MusicBee Wifi Sync app on the beta channel solved all my reverse sync issues with playlists!

DNaz

Hi there,

I'm new to Musicbee and loving it. Thank you for all your work. I'm using GMMP and hoping to get access to 2-way syncing between PC and Android. Is it possible to get added on as having tester access, or should I just wait (as I think you mention, Steven) the new version gets rolled out for reals?

Thanks so much.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm using GMMP and hoping to get access to 2-way syncing between PC and Android. Is it possible to get added on as having tester access, or should I just wait (as I think you mention, Steven) the new version gets rolled out for reals?

Howdy!

Except for playlists, all the functionality should be available in the public version. It looks like Steven hasn't updated that since the playlist fix, but I would expect it soon.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

loripod

Hi, i using musicbee+poweramp on my pc and android phone and works very well  :D
i have only one question about to playcount. On my musicbee library i have a lot of playcount on many tracks, but if i check info tag on poweramp (synced by "Musicbee Wifi Sync 2.0.0) the playcount is zero like as the screenshot.
Sorry for my bad english and thanks for help  ::)

Maestro30k

Hello

Starting using musicbee and WiFi sync to replace itunes and isync.

I'm using power amp to perform 2way syncs and noticed that it very sensitive. Everything i open poweramp it starts a track which I eventually skip which then eventually registers as play via WiFi sync.

Is this a player issue or an issue with wifiapp? Power amp tag don't seem to update the playcount on there end which is weird.

Edit: just realised that playcounts from musicbee don't transfer over to the device, The plays from power amp must be from when I skipped the tracks.
Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 11:18:08 PM by Maestro30k

phred

• Global Moderator
Everything i open poweramp it starts a track which I eventually skip which then eventually registers as play via WiFi sync.
This is a PowerAmp issue. MB has nothing to do with creating or incrementing play counts on the device player.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Maestro30k

Hi

I know this issue was mentioned previously but I am unsure if someone ever managed to fix it.

I decided to give Gonemad player a go. Whenever I try to sync playscount the app gives error say unable to read stats. The stats file is present and I am using the unlocked version but for some reason unknown to me it does not work.

Any help is appreciated

Quwanti

So lately I've been having trouble syncing. The app claims the server is not found. It doesn't seem like Musicbee is blocked by my firewall. This has been happening after the most recent beta update.

phred

• Global Moderator
This has been happening after the most recent beta update.
How are you attempting to sync? Wired (USB)? WiFi?
Beta update of what? The WiFi app? MB?
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Installer, Portable, Store)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Quwanti

How are you attempting to sync? Wired (USB)? WiFi?
Beta update of what? The WiFi app? MB?
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Installer, Portable, Store)
I'm trying to sync through wifi. The Musicbee Wifi Sync's latest beta update (November 2nd), which was installed on my phone (Huawei P20 lite) a few days later. I wasn't able to synch before or after the latest Musicbee update (v3.4.7625). I just noticed there was a small update (v3.4.7628) which I installed with the .exe file in the Musicbee 3.4 thread.

I tried uninstalling and clearing the cache for the wifi app.

Trying to do just a playlist sync does give an error log, which might be useful(?).

Code
2020-11-27: ANE-LX2J;  9;  2.1
14:51:24: loadPlaylists: java.net.ConnectException: failed to connect to /192.168.1.2 (port 27304) from /192.168.1.2 (port 56022) after 10000ms: isConnected failed: ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)

phred

• Global Moderator
Does a wired (USB) sync work?
In order to use the WiFi sync you must do a one-time wired preview or sync.
Has the WiFi sync ever worked for you?

From the error message you posted, I'd say it's a firewall issue as MB is refusing the connection. In your previous post you said "It doesn't seem like Musicbee is blocked by my firewall." If I'm reading the error correctly, it does seem like something is prevent the connection to be made. I suggest instead of guessing about your firewall, you actually confirm that MB is allowing connections.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki