Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310619 times)

viktorrko

I made sure my devices are set up properly on PC. Is it broken right now, or am I just missing something?
It's not broken right now and hasn't changed for some time.  If you made sure your devices are set up properly on the PC I'm not sure what you could be missing.

Usually this would mean it's not set up properly on the PC, but you've checked.  Strange.

Is "as configured in Musicbee" checked in the app?

Thanks for the reply. I eventually forgot about it and continued to use the wired syncing. Since then my PC have been restarted multiple times. I tried it again today and it worked straight away. Probably something with Windows and it's typical network issues  :D

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I know there's supposed to be 2-way sync with playlists in GMMP, but I'm not sure how this works. Will it only sync changes to a playlist that first came from MusicBee? Will it sync playlists that were created with GMMP?

I have my MusicBee files, including audio files and playlists, on the SD card, but MusicBee has the internal GMMP playlists folder by default, and if I try to change it and then do a sync preview, I get an "unrecoverable error" message. If I go straight to doing a sync, the sync works but the folder is not actually changed.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
for the reverse sync action, the wifisync app will look on the device in the playlists folder path as specified in the MusicBee device sync settings and also the /gmmp/playlists folder (or as overriden in the wifi app settings panel)
So as long as the gone mad created playlist is in one of those folders, it should be considered for synching back to MusicBee (if the modification date on the playlist file is more recent or the playlist is new).

But you are saying you are doing a wired sync initiated from MusicBee?
In that case it will only consider the playlist path as specified in MusicBee. I would need more details on the "unrecoverable error" message eg. did you check the error log, can you post a screenshot

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, I'm not doing a wired sync, the error is in the app. But since you say that MusicBee is looking at both folders, it seems less important that I can't change that one.

I will still check the error log and see what I find
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

frostbyte

Could someone give a full guide on how to use Musicbee and the app properly together to sync playlists and ratings together with gmmp pro? Either I am doing it wrong or it's broken. The only thing I managed to work is retrieving playlists and containing music from my PC with the app using "Playlist Sync".

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
On my latest sync, I had added some tracks to a playlist in GMMP that also exists in MusicBee, but the playlist on the phone was overwritten with the blank playlist from MB.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
it will take a bit of time to review the code but my hunch is the playlist will be copied from musicbee as the first action, and if that is correct then it also needs to consider the modification date
edit: infact the reverse sync is done first, so as long as you have playlists ticked in the reverse sync options it should have copied the playlist over to your computer first and updated the computer playlist if the device playlist is more recent. However I had put in a 90 minute buffer in case the clock on the device is out of sync with the computer but on reflection thats not a good idea. So if the device and computer playlists were created/ updated within 90 minutes of each other, the reverse sync would not have updated the computer playlist. I will remove that buffer for the next update.

If you dont think that was the reason, what does sync preview show as the actions?
Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 09:46:57 AM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, 90 minutes doesn't seem like the problem. I update the playlist during the day, and then sync when I get home at night.

I'm actually getting that non-recoverable error message any time I try to do a preview with playlists, not just from changing the folder. If I turn off playlists, it's fine.
Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 03:08:41 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Oh, error message from phone (I'd been looking on the desktop, doh...)

2020-10-27: SM-G950U;  9;  2.0.2
09:01:09: sendPlaylists: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to determine if 6162-6433:gmmp/playlists is child of 6162-6433:: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Missing file for 6162-6433:gmmp/playlists at /mnt/media_rw/6162-6433/gmmp/playlists
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
I wont be able to create a debug version until the weekend. If you have not already sent me your google play store email, can you do so and I will add you to the Internal testing list
Also have you recently changed the card used for the device external memory?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, I've had the same card at least as long as I've had the phone, which is about two years.  I thought I was on the testing list but I'll pm you my email. Thanks.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

thezyth

Hey, I seem to having trouble with syncing my playlists back from my mobile device to the PC. I can't seem to figure out why. I will post the error log below. The playlists from musicbee are being stored in the SD card in different folder than all the music.

Path to music: /storage/9C33-6BBD/Music/
Path to playlists: /storage/9C33-6BBD/playlists/

Music Wifi Sync Url Changed to: /storage/9C33-6BBD/playlists/

Code
2020-10-28: SM-G988W;  10;  2.0.0
23:47:21: startSync: preview=true,iteration=0
23:47:21: command: action=SYNC_START
23:47:21: tryStart: connecting /192.168.0.10, attempt=0
23:47:22: tryStart: connected
23:47:22: tryStart: hello=true,fromMB=true,custfiles=false,preview=true,dev=SM-G988W,2
23:47:22: storage: path=/storage/9C33-6BBD,root=9C33-6BBD:,uri=content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/9C33-6BBD%3A
23:47:22: syncDevice: root=/storage/9C33-6BBD,ignoreErrors=false,playlists=true,ratings=false,playcount=false
23:47:22: syncDevice: command=SendPlaylists
23:47:22: sendPlaylists: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to determine if 9C33-6BBD:storage/9C33-6BBD/playlists/ is child of 9C33-6BBD:: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Missing file for 9C33-6BBD:storage/9C33-6BBD/playlists/ at /mnt/media_rw/9C33-6BBD/storage/9C33-6BBD/playlists
23:47:22: android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(DatabaseUtils.java:170)
23:47:22: android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(DatabaseUtils.java:140)
23:47:22: android.content.ContentProviderProxy.query(ContentProviderNative.java:423)
23:47:22: android.content.ContentResolver.query(ContentResolver.java:951)
23:47:22: android.content.ContentResolver.query(ContentResolver.java:887)
23:47:22: android.content.ContentResolver.query(ContentResolver.java:843)
23:47:22: com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.FileStorageAccess.getFiles(WifiSyncService.java:1720)
23:47:22: com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.WifiSyncService$SynchronisationWorker.sendPlaylists(WifiSyncService.java:1056)
23:47:22: com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.WifiSyncService$SynchronisationWorker.syncDevice(WifiSyncService.java:472)
23:47:22: com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.WifiSyncService$SynchronisationWorker.tryStartSynchronisation(WifiSyncService.java:359)
23:47:22: com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.WifiSyncService$SynchronisationWorker.run(WifiSyncService.java:245)
23:47:22: java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)
23:47:22: syncDevice: command=GetFiles
23:47:22: getFiles: Get: Music/,url=/storage/9C33-6BBD/Music/, inc=true
23:47:22: getFiles: count=14553
23:47:22: getFiles: Get: Podcasts/,url=/storage/9C33-6BBD/Podcasts/, inc=true
23:47:22: getFiles: count=0
23:47:22: getFiles: Get: playlists/,url=/storage/9C33-6BBD/playlists/, inc=false
23:47:22: getFiles: count=0
23:47:22: syncDevice: command=ShowPreviewResults
23:47:22: syncDevice: exit

Steven

• Administrator
Someone else reported the same so i am going to create a debug version of the android app on the weekend. PM me your google play store email and i will add you to the distribution list if you can help out

Madmaxneo

Someone else reported the same so i am going to create a debug version of the android app on the weekend. PM me your google play store email and i will add you to the distribution list if you can help out
I reported a similar issue awhile back but it was syncing the playlist from PC to mobile.

thezyth

email sent via PM :)