Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310461 times)

JCS

When trying "Locate Server" I get the message: Music Bee can't match the device name to an existing configuration. Enter the device name that is displayed in MusicBee:"
Have you tried a wired sync first per Steven's instructions? You shouldn't need to actually do the sync - just the preview. But wired. Once the preview is finished, try the WiFi sync.

Thank you for your help.
I'm not quite sure what I was missing but have just repeated the sequence and it worked out fine.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm not quite sure what I was missing but have just repeated the sequence and it worked out fine.
Glad to hear you've got it working.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
@Steven...

Since I made a good number of changes to my tracks, I decided to wipe my 512gb card clean and do a wired sync.

According to the sync window, at file 766 of 28,189 the sync halted with this notation in the status bar of MB:

In case the image is difficult to read, "Synchronization has temporarily stalled for 2-5 minutes while the device processes current file operations. For the next sync, moving the Playlists folder to Music\Playlist in the setting tab will help."

I've always had the Playlists folder off the root of the card. Same as I have always had the Music folder at the root of the card.
This message implies I should change it to Music\Playlists. Does this really make a difference?

Meanwhile the sync has not restarted after 15 minutes.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Update to previous issue...

I moved the Playlists directory to be a sub of Music and ran into the same error. I finally pulled the card from the phone and performed a sync directly to the card in the PC.

The card is now back in the V20 and when I add one track to my library, the preview shows that all all 28k tracks need to be copied, which simply isn't correct. I really don't want to have to pull the card every time I need to sync.

Suggestions?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
Its an informational message not an error - for wired sync there isnt anything i can do about the stalling and i might change the message about moving the playlists as i later found it doesnt really make any difference
If 28K tracks need to be copied that probably means the file date/time was not set by your other copy method.
Wifi Sync shouldnt have the stalling issue

phred

• Global Moderator
Its an informational message not an error - for wired sync there isnt anything i can do about the stalling and i might change the message about moving the playlists as i later found it doesnt really make any difference
If 28K tracks need to be copied that probably means the file date/time was not set by your other copy method.
Wifi Sync shouldnt have the stalling issue
Thanks Steven. I did reluctantly moved the Playlists folder to be under Music, and after a sync directly to the card in the PC, it completed successfully. I put the card back in the phone and a wired preview showed only the playlists, which was correct. I added a CD, did a WiFi sync and everything appears to be working as expected.

I think changing the informational message is a good idea. And maybe not making it red. The red made me think it was a BIG error.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
for the record, there was a bug with wired sync when switching between internal memory and an sd card in the device settings wasnt being immediately recognised ie. you would have needed to restart MB for the switch to take effect, and could be one reason people saw unexpected resync of files.
Thats fixed in the patch version and i will update the pending full release build later

Cloudrider

Hi Steve,

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere, I couldn't find anything.
I created a new playlist on my Android and hoped to do a reverse wifi sync to my PC, of that Playlist, but the option is greyed out. Can you advise please?

Cracking software btw. Really brilliant  ;)

Nige

phred

• Global Moderator
I created a new playlist on my Android and hoped to do a reverse wifi sync to my PC, of that Playlist, but the option is greyed out. Can you advise please?
Have you been able to reverse sync before?
Have you done a wired sync first?
Version of MB please? Version of WiFi Sync app please?
Are you using PowerAmp or GoneMad on the Android? Those are It is the only two apps app that can reverse sync playlists with MB.

See Steven's comments below.
Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 02:50:07 AM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
for reverse playlist sync, only GoneMad is supported

phred

• Global Moderator
for reverse playlist sync, only GoneMad is supported
Thanks for the correction, Steven. I have corrected my initial statement.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
you were mostly right the first time - the app can also reverse sync ratings and playcounts from PowerAmp, but not playlists
For Gonemad all are supported

SkyZippr

The app does automatically re-attempt locating the musicbee computer if it fails. There is something odd going on with android upgrades as i once had the same issue and could only solve by clearing the app data.

see my notes earlier in the thread re: handling for the initial reverse sync

Hi Steve, I'm afraid that I'm running into this issue again. I used to set my PC on static IP and the Wifi sync ran with no problem, but today it seems someone in the mansion occupied that IP by DHCP. So I had to set my PC to DHCP as well in order to get internet connection. Then Wifi app started to display "Server not found" error again.
I know that clearing the app data might solve the issue, but before doing so I need to check one thing: is it normal that no error log is recorded for this occasion?

Also, I'm ashamed to say that I couldn't find your "notes earlier in the thread re: handling for the initial reverse sync". Can you point me where it is, if it's related to the issue I'm having?

Babydoll32

Hi, Steven. I don't want to annoy you, but anything new bout syncing with GoneMad 3 and skip count?

phred

• Global Moderator
Hi, Steven. I don't want to annoy you, but anything new bout syncing with GoneMad 3 and skip count?
GMMP isn't even out of Alpha at this point. Which I'm sure you know. So I wouldn't expect Steven to do anything about it until it is closer to a real release. Besides, Steven is currently working on MB 3.4, which I would think has a higher priority due to a larger number of users.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki