Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310670 times)

StephDesire

I didn't want to be rude and I do realize his work, 2 months ago I didn't know anything about MusicBee and I think this is absolutely amazing, it's worth millions to my eyes.

I would like to see a team with him, it could be amazing as a start up that develops modern software and hardware.

Yes I already install apps by renaming myself the package name, but I'm not a developer and mostly it doesn't work for different reasons, but I will definitely test for his app.

Thanks for your feedback, I excepted simply "no"

Joker73R

This is probably the problem. In the second and fourth lines of your error log screen shot, the IP is showing as "192.168.1." You're missing a complete IP. There should be a fourth group of numbers at the end.

That's weird because I didn't change anything neither on the program nor the app. Is there anything I can do to solve this issue?
No, that looks ok - its searching the 192.168.1 subnet.
So there are no errors logged. Is your computer on the same subnet?
If you search this thread, i recall someone saying they had to switch off one of the bands on a dual-band wifi for it to work. Also check psychoadept's posts as he also had some weird windows behaviour that needed to be corrected

Nothing has changed neither on my WiFi network, nor on my firewall, nor on my music library, nor on my MusicBee settings. The only thing that changed is that I've swtiched to an OnePlus 6T with Android 9 phone from a 8.1 one and, even though I follow the steps on the app (first run a wired wync), I still get this error.

Steven

• Administrator
Nothing has changed neither on my WiFi network, nor on my firewall, nor on my music library, nor on my MusicBee settings. The only thing that changed is that I've swtiched to an OnePlus 6T with Android 9 phone from a 8.1 one and, even though I follow the steps on the app (first run a wired wync), I still get this error.
I wont be able to help further. I use Android 9 myself, so its not directly to do with that

Joker73R

I wont be able to help further. I use Android 9 myself, so its not directly to do with that

Finally I solved it by deleting the program from the firewall and adding it back again. Thanks for the patience.

JCS

Hi,
Thanks for MB and for this wi-fy sync feature.
When trying "Locate Server" I get the message: Music Bee can't match the device name to an existing configuration. Enter the device name that is displayed in MusicBee:"
Issue being that I can't see the device in MusicBee... (Android HTC 10 device) :(
Would you be so nice as ti try to help me with this, please?
TY

phred

• Global Moderator

When trying "Locate Server" I get the message: Music Bee can't match the device name to an existing configuration. Enter the device name that is displayed in MusicBee:"
Have you tried a wired sync first per Steven's instructions? You shouldn't need to actually do the sync - just the preview. But wired. Once the preview is finished, try the WiFi sync.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phoresy

I signed up as a beta tester and have been testing Wifi syncing with MusicBee and GoneMad. Last week I had syncing working well. I did the initial sync and was able to test changes from MusicBee to GoneMad successfully.

Today I cannot get the WIFI app working, I am getting the following error message:

Server not found. Ensure MusicBee is running and Window firewall is not blocking MusicBee.

1. I have turned windows firewall off to troubleshoot.
2. I have verified 'Enable Wifi transfer with Android devices' is still checked in settings.
3. Both the phone and computer are on the same SSID and subnet. Nothing has changed network wise:
    gateway 192.168.1.1
    computer: 192.168.1.10
    phone: 192.168.1.11

I am using the following:
- Android App: MusicBee Wifi Sync version 0.9 from the play store, June 20, 2019
- Windows App: MusicBee 3.3.7141 P
- Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9+
- Phone Software: Android 9, Security patch level: July 1, 2019

The only difference I can think of is that the phone got the latest Android July 1 patch last night. I have not been able to get the app working since then. The error comes up even before I can press the Preview or Sync Now buttons.

I am also using the MusicBee Remote app which has always worked well and continues to work after the Android software update.

phred

• Global Moderator
- Android App: MusicBee Wifi Sync version 0.9 from the play store, June 20, 2019
Current version is at least 1.1
Steven has made some fixes which may include your issue.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phoresy

How can I get the latest version? I used the link from this post:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync

and the webpage says:

Welcome to the testing program.
You are a tester.

but 0.9 is the only version I get from the playstore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times.

Steven

• Administrator
0.9 on the beta is the same as 1.0 on the production. There is a more recent version on the alpha channel that includes some extra error logging but you would need to send me your gmail store account

But first try clearing the application data for the app and re-running it

Babydoll32

I signed up as a beta tester and have been testing Wifi syncing with MusicBee and GoneMad. Last week I had syncing working well. I did the initial sync and was able to test changes from MusicBee to GoneMad successfully.

Today I cannot get the WIFI app working, I am getting the following error message:

Server not found. Ensure MusicBee is running and Window firewall is not blocking MusicBee.

Take a look at your Wi-Fi settings. Maybe one device is running with 2,4GHz and other device with 5GHz. I think I remember, that another user had this issue. And I mean, that I had same problem a few weeks before. Try to set both devices to 2,4 or 5GHz.

phoresy

Okay, I followed Steven's advice. I cleared the application data for the app and re-ran the app and this worked. One thing I just learned- uninstalling an Android app doesn't appear to clear the all app data. I thought uninstalling an Android app deleted all associated data. Before this, I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and noticed that the error log still had entries from last week even after uninstalling and reinstalling.

So I think what happened is my WIFI router is a DHCP server and is configured for 1 week leases (I don't have access to it but this is my guess). The IP address on either the phone or computer changed but perhaps the app was still looking for the old address? When I looked at the old log there were entries referencing the old address of 192.168.1.13 and the current computer address was 192.168.1.10. Clearing the data worked.

Next, I tried a Reverse Sync to computer. Here is the test:

1. I rated a track in GoneMad.
2. I exported a stats.xml file using the 'Backup Stats function' (going to : gmmp\stats.xml).
3. I opened the stats.xml file on my computer and verified that the song I rated is there:

<File>
<Uri>/storage/9C33-6BBD/.../Song.mp3</Uri>
<Rating>1.0</Rating>
<Playcount>0</Playcount>
<LastPlayed>0</LastPlayed>
<DateAdded>1563758947089</DateAdded>
</File>
4. I verified that MusicBee does not have this track rated in the database.

Result: It takes a while as it scans though the files but it returns "No changes detected".

Looking in the wifi sync log, I can see it setting up the paths correctly, it counts the correct number of files, communicates with the server, ratings=true, etc. I don't see any errors.

On the other hand, when I do the reverse test- 'Sync from computer' it is very reliable and seems to always work as expected, all tracks that were rated or played in MusicBee are copied over to the phone. I have tested this several times and it always seems to work.

Is the Reverse Sync to computer working yet? This last function is like the holy grail for me. I have been missing this feature since I abandoned itunes and my 3rd gen ipod 8 years ago. This is an exciting project. Thank you Steven for your awesome software development efforts.

Steven

• Administrator
The app does automatically re-attempt locating the musicbee computer if it fails. There is something odd going on with android upgrades as i once had the same issue and could only solve by clearing the app data.

see my notes earlier in the thread re: handling for the initial reverse sync

phoresy

see my notes earlier in the thread re: handling for the initial reverse sync

I think the initial sync might be done because I am able to successfully sync the playcounts back to musicbee. The error log has the correct number of tracks and I do not see any errors in the log or when I click preview. For example I can do this:

1. Play a track in MusicBee
2. In MusicBee Wifi Sync, I select playcounts from GoneMad.
3. If I click Preview it detects the track I just played- "Update Playcount +1 play, last played -> 7/30/2019".
4. Click Sync Now and I get "MusicBee syncronization successfully completed".
5. In MusicBee I can confirm that playcount value has been updated.
6. If I go back and click Preview again it tells me - No changes detected which would be correct.

Does this test indicate that my initial reverse sync is setup correctly? If so then then I will try to repeat my test to reverse the ratings.
Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 01:08:18 AM by phoresy

TeutonJon78

0.9 on the beta is the same as 1.0 on the production. There is a more recent version on the alpha channel that includes some extra error logging but you would need to send me your gmail store account

But first try clearing the application data for the app and re-running it

So, the beta channel is running an older version than the released channel and the alpha channel is running a new one?