Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310532 times)

SkyZippr

Steve, thank you so much. That was really fast.
I just got back from work, started my PC, and installed v1.1 of wifi sync app.
And then, before I even plug my phone to do a wired sync, the wifi sync app located the server.

This is kind of embarrassing, but I'm happy that my problem is gone, at least for now.
I'll be sure to check out the error log in case it happens again.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
v1.1 on the alpha channel
https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4700978781087552506

- the error log can now be viewed via the action bar in the Locate Server activity

Was having a few intermittent issues with thè 'Server not found' error and this version fixed it!
Freddy

Steven

• Administrator

- the error log can now be viewed via the action bar in the Locate Server activity

Was having a few intermittent issues with thè 'Server not found' error and this version fixed it!
Freddy
nothing was changed in that regard

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P

Freddy

FYI - I had to FORCE STOP and uninstall older version and then install v1.1 before all was ok, as just installing new version over old version still displayed the 'Server not found' error.
Hope this helps!
Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 04:42:29 PM by Freddy Barker

Babydoll32

Hi, Steven.
I got 2 questions.
1.) Syncing with GoneMad 3.0 alpha currently not working or am I wrong?
2.) When I rate a song with 0,5 star in GoneMad, MB doesn't sync rating. All other ratings are syncing correctly to MB database, but 0,5 left song unrated within Musicbee. Is it an issue, while syncing or is it only on my own?

SkyZippr

I think it's best to ask GoneMad developer for the syncing issue.
The latest public release 2.2.21 is syncing without any visible issue for me.

Babydoll32

I think it's best to ask GoneMad developer for the syncing issue.
The latest public release 2.2.21 is syncing without any visible issue for me.

Public release also works for me, but with 3.0 alpha MB sync shows an error, that it needs unlocked version, which it is. But 3.0 is interesting, cause it has skip count Implementation.

Steven

• Administrator
But 3.0 is interesting, cause it has skip count Implementation.
you might ask the developer to include the skip count in the stats file and if he agrees let me know what it will be named as in the file

Babydoll32

But 3.0 is interesting, cause it has skip count Implementation.
you might ask the developer to include the skip count in the stats file and if he agrees let me know what it will be named as in the file

I wrote the GoneMad dev. Hope it will be possible.

But whats with the half star rating? Is it a sync issue or a GoneMad thing? Other half star ratings sync correctly e.g. 1.5, 3.5 etc.

Steven

• Administrator
But whats with the half star rating? Is it a sync issue or a GoneMad thing? Other half star ratings sync correctly e.g. 1.5, 3.5 etc.
no idea

Babydoll32

no idea

Now it worked with another song. My fault maybe. GoneMad dev will contact you for implement of skip count!

TeutonJon78

A question/idea about the sync:

1) features request for desktop -- a way to watch the progress from there like you would with the wired sync

2) question: I had everything synced and when I would start a sync, only the changes would be send down. But yesterday when I went to sync, it seems to want to resync the whole library again. The only two operations I did on the desktop was rescan the library to make sure it picked up some tag changes and change the autoorganization rules (which only affected like 200/14k files). Do either of these cause the program to lose the previously synced status? It seems like neither should, but something did.

Steven

• Administrator
for 2, i dont think either of those things would affect all files ie. only the files rescanned.
Its just the last modified date of the file compared to the date modified on the device or if the target filename changed due to file naming tags changing

phred

• Global Moderator
1) features request for desktop -- a way to watch the progress from there like you would with the wired sync
Isn't there a percentage showing in the status bar on a wifi sync? I seem to recall that there is.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

TeutonJon78

for 2, i dont think either of those things would affect all files ie. only the files rescanned.
Its just the last modified date of the file compared to the date modified on the device or if the target filename changed due to file naming tags changing

Weird, I changed some things, but definitely not that much that it's trying to sync again.

Isn't there a percentage showing in the status bar on a wifi sync? I seem to recall that there is.

Yes there is, but you can't see what songs are transferring on the computer like you can on the phone. It can be nice to see if it's still actually transferring or if it got stalled on something. It's a minor concern.