Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310651 times)

christmw2503

I also have a Nokia 8 on Android Pie. The initial wired sync works flawlessly. But when I want to do the wifi sync, the app says "Musicbee can't match the device name...". I then type "Nokia 8" (the device name appearing in Musicbee) and try to locate the server but I'm taken back to the same  error screen. Btw, TA-1004 is the specific model of my Nokia 8.
The issue must be related to how Nokia phones handle media storage, because my Motorola phone doesn't have this issue

https://imgur.com/fQzhazD

Babydoll32

I also have a Nokia 8 on Android Pie. The initial wired sync works flawlessly. But when I want to do the wifi sync, the app says "Musicbee can't match the device name...". I then type "Nokia 8" (the device name appearing in Musicbee) and try to locate the server but I'm taken back to the same  error screen. Btw, TA-1004 is the specific model of my Nokia 8.
The issue must be related to how Nokia phones handle media storage, because my Motorola phone doesn't have this issue

https://imgur.com/fQzhazD

That's why I was fed up with my Nokia 8. See a few posts before. Also GMMP had several times problems with scanning media. After a camera issue I bought a Motorola OneVision now and have no big problems with sync WiFi and wireless.

christmw2503

That's why I was fed up with my Nokia 8. See a few posts before. Also GMMP had several times problems with scanning media. After a camera issue I bought a Motorola OneVision now and have no big problems with sync WiFi and wireless.
[/quote]

I've just returned the phone. I've never seen a phone with so many bugs.

StephDesire

Hi everyone, I have got a FiiO m6 with 400gb to replace my iPod Classic, it's a pretty good device but this device with android have a fu***** limited white list of apps.

I find a way to install any app by changing the package name for a white listed one.

Firstly my objectif was to sync this device with iTunes with the play counts, so I tried Doubletwist, it works but I have more than 10k tracks and after that limit the desktop app of DT make an infinite loop of verification and it stops working, and the reverse syncing doesn't work at all.

Now I discover Musicbee and I'm quite amaze compared to iTunes.

So I dream about sync MB with my device, but I don't know how to convince FiiO to use your app and changing the package name could cause other problems, and I already lost more than a month to try with doubleTwist.

frankz

Hi everyone, I have got a FiiO m6 with 400gb to replace my iPod Classic, it's a pretty good device but this device with android have a fu***** limited white list of apps.

I find a way to install any app by changing the package name for a white listed one.

Firstly my objectif was to sync this device with iTunes with the play counts, so I tried Doubletwist, it works but I have more than 10k tracks and after that limit the desktop app of DT make an infinite loop of verification and it stops working, and the reverse syncing doesn't work at all.

Now I discover Musicbee and I'm quite amaze compared to iTunes.

So I dream about sync MB with my device, but I don't know how to convince FiiO to use your app and changing the package name could cause other problems, and I already lost more than a month to try with doubleTwist.
Use wired sync you don't need an app for that.

Haljeff

Having problem with syncing play counts with gonemad
Keep getting need unlocked version which i have
Syncs playlists ok. Having same problem on 2 devices
Any help would be great
Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 04:29:24 PM by Haljeff

Steven

• Administrator
do you see the file using android file explorer? gmmp/stats.xml

it might be that you need a more recent version of gonemad

frankz

FYI, this same thing (no reverse sync and "you need the unlocked version" when I have the unlocked version) happens to me.  I do have the file (/storage/emulated/0/gmmp/stats.xml) and can see/open it. 

I figured it was something specific to my phone and didn't really have time to trouble-shoot and was only going to sync back infrequent ratings anyway so I never brought it up.  But @Haljeff is not alone in this.

Steven

• Administrator
could you both send me your google play email address so i can add you to the alpha track and i will create a debug version to see whats going on

Steven

• Administrator
@frankz, thanks for sending the stats.xml file
its fine, so corrupted file is not the reason.
Given what you said about the last modified date being a few months old, that leads me to believe it might be a permissioning issue when invoking the generation of that file. I will need to take that up with the GoneMad developer

@Haljeff, could you also confirm whether the last modified date is today/ yesterday ?

Both - what is the device and android version you are using?

Steven

• Administrator
I have created a debug version for the android app v1.0.1
Its available here:
https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4700978781087552506

after running the reverse sync, can you send me the contents of the Error Log (click the action bar button on the right/ Error Log)

frankz

Thanks, I'm awaiting install of the test version now.

I'm on a Galaxy S8 and the android version on it says 9.

frankz

Ok I installed the test version and did a preview and got the "need unlocked" error right away. Here's what was in the log.

2019-07-07: SM-G950U;  9;  1.0.1
11:22:48: loadStats: /storage/emulated/0/gmmp/stats.xmlexists
11:22:48: loadStats: before start observer
11:22:48: loadStats: after start observer
11:22:58: loadStats: return null
11:22:58: sendStats: Unable to retrieve stats for player: 1
11:22:58: loadStats: event=32768

frankz

I have a feeling I was supposed to enable the debugging log after seeing that option, so I tried it again after doing that.  This is probably more what you were looking for:

2019-07-07: SM-G950U;  9;  1.0.1
11:22:48: loadStats: /storage/emulated/0/gmmp/stats.xmlexists
11:22:48: loadStats: before start observer
11:22:48: loadStats: after start observer
11:22:58: loadStats: return null
11:22:58: sendStats: Unable to retrieve stats for player: 1
11:22:58: loadStats: event=32768
11:31:19: startSync: preview=true,iteration=0
11:31:19: command: action=SYNC_START
11:31:19: tryStart: connecting /192.168.1.2, attempt=0
11:31:19: tryStart: connected
11:31:19: tryStart: hello=true,fromMB=true,custfiles=false,preview=true,dev=SM-G950U,2
11:31:19: storage: path=/storage/0000-0000,root=0000-0000:,uri=content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/0000-0000%3A
11:31:19: syncDevice: root=/storage/0000-0000,ignoreErrors=false,playlists=false,ratings=true,playcount=false
11:31:20: syncDevice: command=SendStats
11:31:20: loadStats: /storage/emulated/0/gmmp/stats.xmlexists
11:31:20: loadStats: before start observer
11:31:20: loadStats: after start observer
11:31:30: loadStats: return null
11:31:30: loadStats: event=32768
11:31:30: sendStats: Unable to retrieve stats for player: 1
11:31:31: syncDevice: command=GetFiles
11:31:31: getFiles: Get: Music/,url=/storage/0000-0000/Music/, inc=true
11:31:32: getFiles: count=14962
11:31:32: syncDevice: command=GetFiles
11:31:32: getFiles: Get: Music/Podcasts/,url=/storage/0000-0000/Music/Podcasts/, inc=true
11:31:32: getFiles: count=0
11:31:32: syncDevice: command=GetFiles
11:31:32: getFiles: Get: Playlists/,url=/storage/0000-0000/Playlists/, inc=false
11:31:32: getFiles: count=0
11:31:33: syncDevice: command=ShowPreviewResults
11:31:33: syncDevice: exit

Steven

• Administrator
thanks. I will need to contact the GoneMad developer for his comments