Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310505 times)

Babydoll32

It would be helpful if you pasted the sections of both MB's error log and the WiFi app's error log so we can see what's going on. No need for the entire log - just the section from the time the error occurred.

I tried to replicate the error again. But it doesn't happened again. Playlist synced back, but empty. I checked out the logs. But there's nothing. No error appears in the logs.

StormofThunder

To the people reporting sync issues (same files synch'ed multiple times or not deleting), can you PM me your google play store login email if you have not done so already so I can add you to the alpha release channel.
I will spend time on the issues from this weekend
to start with could anyone participating run this debug version which will give me some more info
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dd95fba3vgn8q8u/MusicBeeDebugSync.zip/file
unzip and replace musicbee.exe

It will potentially log a lot of info to the error log - could you send me a zip of the error log after running the sync (help/ support/ view error log)
Also let me know the filename for a couple of the files that should not have beeen re-copied

error logs

I chose to sync only a playlist, otherwise there would be too many files. Up to line line 8368, Musicbee scanned a ton of files irrelevant to the playlist sync, since the playlist is only comprised of 95 files. All of the 95 files that synced were already in the phone.

In Musicbee, the device fullsync is comprised of 18,054 files, so I don't know why it just scanned 8.3k files even if I only chose Playlist Sync, adding a ton of waiting time for the sync to start.

Steven

• Administrator
thanks for the logs.
So according to the log, all the .opus files would have been synched because MB could not find them on the device.
All the other files in the playlist were skipped because the dates matched.

So can you confirm whether the .opus files were actually already on the device?
If you think they were on the device, can you confirm that using the Android file explorer, navigating via the Storage node rather than the Audio node, making sure you are using the path from the error log?
I understand Android devices dont index .opus files in the media store, so that would likely explain why they keep getting synched.

i dont think this is directly related, but your wifi connection seems quite bad, and i noticed MB is having to do a lot of retries before it succeeds
Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 03:01:29 PM by Steven

StormofThunder

thanks for the logs.
So according to the log, all the .opus files would have been synched because MB could not find them on the device.
All the other files in the playlist were skipped because the dates matched.

So can you confirm whether the .opus files were actually already on the device?
If you think they were on the device, can you confirm that using the Android file explorer, navigating via the Storage node rather than the Audio node, making sure you are using the path from the error log?
I understand Android devices dont index .opus files in the media store, so that would likely explain why they keep getting synched.

i dont think this is directly related, but your wifi connection seems quite bad, and i noticed MB is having to do a lot of retries before it succeeds

The playlist only had 95 files, the tracks that were skipped had nothing to do with the playlist. The reason the wifi sync app kept timing out/retrying was because Musicbee was busy, for some reason, scanning other thousands of tracks not relevant to the playlist that was selected to sync. My wifi is fine, my router is in my room as well.

I've synced with wired multiple times in the last few days to make sure I already had those files, and I certainly did. The music players I use play opus files fine, but android doesn't seem to detect them (such as google play music), so I'm converting my library to ogg and will report again when I do another test.

StormofThunder

So after converting my opus files to ogg and resyncing wired, completely replacing all opus files, and then syncing wirelessly, the files are properly detected and synced. Sometimes, though, I get "Sync Preview failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.", and every time, Musicbee spends a ton of time scanning through thousands of files that aren't in the single playlist I select to sync. This makes wireless sync take forever to even start up, while the android app is timing out and retrying. Can't it just scan through the files in the playlist and not through a big part of my library?

Steven

• Administrator
Sometimes, though, I get "Sync Preview failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
v0.9 will probably fix the issue - its available on the internal test channel

https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4700978781087552506

StormofThunder

Sometimes, though, I get "Sync Preview failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
v0.9 will probably fix the issue - its available on the internal test channel

https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4700978781087552506

I thought I had already sent the login e-mail, seems that I didn't. I've sent it now, thanks, I'll resync when I get the update and see if anything's changed.

sasukedll7170

hi steven, first of all thank you soooo much for this amazing app, you are truly amazing <3, no i would like to see if you could help me with this problem i have, i´ve been using your app for like two months and it was working flawlesly, but now for some reason like 2 weeks ago it stoped working completly, i dont know why, i havent installed anything or somehting neither on my computer or my phone, but now for some reason i'm getting this "server not found" error, what file should i send so i can get some help with this? thanks in advance ^_^

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
hi steven, first of all thank you soooo much for this amazing app, you are truly amazing <3, no i would like to see if you could help me with this problem i have, i´ve been using your app for like two months and it was working flawlesly, but now for some reason like 2 weeks ago it stoped working completly, i dont know why, i havent installed anything or somehting neither on my computer or my phone, but now for some reason i'm getting this "server not found" error, what file should i send so i can get some help with this? thanks in advance ^_^

I suggest to start by making sure that your MusicBee pc is still connected on a private network. A couple of times Windows has switched mine to public for no obvious reason.

Have you restarted both the device and the computer? I also find that sometimes it helps to force kill the app (from the apps section in Android), not just close it from the app switcher.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

sasukedll7170

I suggest to start by making sure that your MusicBee pc is still connected on a private network. A couple of times Windows has switched mine to public for no obvious reason.

Have you restarted both the device and the computer? I also find that sometimes it helps to force kill the app (from the apps section in Android), not just close it from the app switcher.

hello psychoadept, thanks for the replay, unfortunately i already tried all of what you said, killing the app on android, restart both the phone and my computer, switching to private and public network, but nothing has solve the problem so far, still get the same error :(

phred

• Global Moderator
@sasukedll7170 -

- What version number of MB are you using?
- Which install version did you use? (Installer, portable, Windows Store?)
- Which version of the WiFi app are you using? (You can find the version # by going to Settings > Apps on the device.
- Have you checked both MB's error log and the app's error log to see if there are entries from around the time of the error? If there's something there from the right time, please copy and paste it here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sasukedll7170

@sasukedll7170 -

- What version number of MB are you using?
- Which install version did you use? (Installer, portable, Windows Store?)
- Which version of the WiFi app are you using? (You can find the version # by going to Settings > Apps on the device.
- Have you checked both MB's error log and the app's error log to see if there are entries from around the time of the error? If there's something there from the right time, please copy and paste it here.

- MusicBee V3.3.7112
- portable
- Wifi Sync V0.9
-Wifi SYnc error log:
Code
2019-06-01: Vivo ONE;  7.1.1;  0.8.3
09:22:34: locate: search=192.168.137.
09:22:34: locate: exclude=58
09:22:34: ping: socket ok=/192.168.137.96
09:22:34: ping: hello=MusicBeeWifiSyncServer/1.0
09:22:34: ping: matched=/192.168.137.96,status=OK
09:22:35: ping: socket ok=/192.168.137.96
09:22:35: ping: hello=MusicBeeWifiSyncServer/1.0
09:22:35: ping: matched=/192.168.137.96,status=OK

Steven

• Administrator
according to that log, the server was located

sasukedll7170

according to that log, the server was located

it doesn't have any sense then, because if i press "sync now" it says "Error Server not found. Ensure MusicBee is running and Windows firewall is not blocking MusicBee" and i have completely disable my firewall, my antivirus, everything that could be "blocking" anything :(
Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 07:28:34 PM by sasukedll7170

rufus00g

@Steven first of all thanks for all the hard work on this great software!

I'm trying out the WiFi syncing between Android and MusicBee and experiencing issues that seem to be related to changing the "media storage" -> "storage path" in the device settings from the default.  For example I currently have the storage path set to "Nokia 8\SD card\MusicBee\" and this path is respected when performing the initial wired sync.  Everything is copied properly into "Nokia 8\SD card\MusicBee\Music\".  However when using the MusicBee Wifi Sync app thereafter, everything seems to be recopied into the default "Nokia\SD card\Music" directory and my storage path configuration is ignored.  From there it sometimes throws the "File not matched in MusicBee..." error or it keeps recopying the same files from the Desktop app to my phone as it doesn't seem to determine both devices as matching.  I can provide more info to reproduce or understand the issue if necessary.