Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310729 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you actually gone in through Apps and force stopped it? I've found that sometimes after I do that it picks up again.
I went in task switcher and closed it out several times.   No good.   I ran out of ideas and options.

Yeah, it doesn't work for me if I just do task switcher.  You have to actually go into Apps the long way and use the Force Stop button.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

railfan-eric28

Have you actually gone in through Apps and force stopped it? I've found that sometimes after I do that it picks up again.
I went in task switcher and closed it out several times.   No good.   I ran out of ideas and options.

Yeah, it doesn't work for me if I just do task switcher.  You have to actually go into Apps the long way and use the Force Stop button.
I just tried it.   Still the same.   "server not found" yada yada yada.
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

railfan-eric28

I went in task switcher and closed it out several times.   No good.   I ran out of ideas and options.

I just tried it.   Still the same.   "server not found" yada yada yada.

Anyone?  I'm getting anxious to get more music on my devices.  thanks.
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

Haljeff

You need to go through apps select storage and clear data and cache

SkyZippr

Does error log indicate anything?
In my case, it was dynamic IP that messed it up. Wifi app was keep looking for an IP that was no longer that of the PC. I manually set the PC to the specific static IP that Wifi app was looking for, and the problem was solved.

railfan-eric28

You need to go through apps select storage and clear data and cache
Thanks.   That did the trick.   Now I'm am trying to see what it's syncing from as i used the settings on the main window.   In the program settings it has two entries for my phone.   Is one from a wired connection and one from the wifi sync?   But I'm not sure if it's using the first one or the second one.   Thanks. 

Haljeff

One is probably internal storage and the other SD storage

railfan-eric28

One is probably internal storage and the other SD storage
I looked and they're both for the SD card.   Usually one is for the internal storage like you say.

amrhachicho

Been using the Android wifi sync, and it's been working great here. My only issue is that each track's artwork is being placed in a separate album on my Samsung's image gallery. I am able to go to my gallery and choose to hide the albums, but that would mean having to go through hundreds of files and check them off one by one.

Has anyone else faced this issue? and are there any methods to resolve it?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Been using the Android wifi sync, and it's been working great here. My only issue is that each track's artwork is being placed in a separate album on my Samsung's image gallery. I am able to go to my gallery and choose to hide the albums, but that would mean having to go through hundreds of files and check them off one by one.

Not actually used this method myself but am assured it works..
By simply placing a file;  ".nomedia" (without the quotes), in the folder you wish to be ignored by Andriod gallery...see here..

https://fileinfo.com/extension/nomedia
Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:54:46 PM by Freddy Barker

frankz

Yes, if you put the .nomedia file in the top-level folder in your music organization structure (for example "Music"  if you're syncing to "Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\...etc") it will ignore images in ever folder under that.

amrhachicho

By simply placing a file;  ".nomedia" (without the quotes), in the folder you wish to be ignored by Andriod gallery...see here..

Thanks freddy & frankz, it worked.

Would be nice for musicbee to generate the .nomedia file when first installing the app. Unless users want to have all their album covers accessible...

In any case, this was a simple and quick workaround. Thanks again :)

StormofThunder

I got one question. Does MB check for existing files on Android or will it copy everything again with a new sync? The reason why I ask is, that it seems to me, that it copy files again, with every new sync, insteed skipping already existing files. And that waste a lot of time, with a lot of songs. Maybe my settings are wrong?!

This is also happening to me. After just having synced on wired, Wifi Sync tries to sync a ton of already existing tracks (9.4k when I have 17k tracks synced). I followed the situation and how the mediastore wasn't updating, and I reset mine as well and it still happens. This basically makes wifi sync useless unfortunately with the exception of reverse sync.

Any word on the likelyhood of trying to fix this next?

railfan-eric28

I've been having this problem for awhile.   I think it started when using the Musicbee to sync.   But I'm not sure how musicbee is any different then isyncr in that respect.   Unless it's because MB uses the Music folder instead of it's own folder.   

railfan-eric28

By simply placing a file;  ".nomedia" (without the quotes), in the folder you wish to be ignored by Andriod gallery...see here..

I've been having this problem and read up on it a few weeks ago.   If you use the nomedia file then most players will not read the music because mediastore will ignore the music in the same folder as well.