Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310483 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
@Steven-

Yesterday I had completed a wholesale tag change on a large percentage of my tracks. I also changed parameters on a good number of my playlists. I started a wired sync with my FiiO, which I knew would take hours. At some point during the sync I wanted to WiFi sync my phone, but thought it best to wait.

The questions is: can MB do a WiFi sync while it's doing a wired sync?

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

zkhcohen

I just tried to sync and it's trying to connect to "10.3.15.29:27304".

Why? The network I'm on uses the 192.168.0.0/16 subnet.

Steven

• Administrator
MB will try using the last sucessfull connection and only if it fails will it retry scanning using the subnet that the phone is on at the time.

Steven

• Administrator
The questions is: can MB do a WiFi sync while it's doing a wired sync?
I wouldnt advise it unless you restrict the wifi sync to a reverse sync only. Otherwise its likely to try and sync the same files with inveitable conflict. Even if you restrict it to reverse sync only, I cant be sure there wouldnt be some unexpected behaviour but that statement is not based on any thing I can definitively think of.

phred

• Global Moderator
I wouldnt advise it unless you restrict the wifi sync to a reverse sync only. Otherwise its likely to try and sync the same files with inveitable conflict. Even if you restrict it to reverse sync only, I cant be sure there wouldnt be some unexpected behaviour but that statement is not based on any thing I can definitively think of.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. Which is why I didn't do it until I heard back from you. Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

zkhcohen

MB will try using the last sucessfull connection and only if it fails will it retry scanning using the subnet that the phone is on at the time.

Deja Vu.

I've asked and you've answered this question before....

Thanks.

Joker73R

I deleted some songs from both my Musicbee library and my computer storage but they are not deleted on my phone when syncing. What I'm doing wrong?

Steven

• Administrator
are the songs still referenced (as dead links) on one or more of the playlists you are synching

zkhcohen

What are the potential causes of duplicate synching? I have about 700 files which were synched two days ago, and are trying to be synched again.

What changes made to a file would cause it to be re-synched? Any changes at all?

christmw2503

Need help. So Poweramp was behaving and I had to reset it. I restored from a recent backup I made and everything was restored except the ratings. Is there a way Poweramp can read again those ratings when syncing from Musicbee?
Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 08:34:24 PM by christmw2503

Steven

• Administrator
i will look into these issues but for now the priority is the MusicBee release itself

Babydoll32

Any news about the existing files, but still new copying problem?
No, i wont be able to help in the current release

Syncing with wire and backsync playcount didn't work.
you need to reverse sync first and then do the wired sync. If you already did that, then you will need to be a little bit more specific than "it didnt work"

Hi, Steven.
Sorry for late answer, but my 13mo. old son is involving me most time. I had the problem, when syncing back playcount, app showed me, that it couldn't match the songs with MB database or something. Today I had a little time, and wanted to explain this issue with screenshots etc. I made a new MB database, with a few songs, synced them wireless to my phone. Synced playcount back to MB worked fine. Added a few songs more to MB database, synced them with wire. Played some with GMP. Synced back playcount once again wireless and it worked now (no unmatching message). And now it's getting chrious. I turned on syncing MB->Phone, started a wireless sync and now the app detects the existing files and copies only the newer ones. So, skip existing files worked now for me.

railfan-eric28

I hadn't synced my phone in a few weeks and now I want do but keep getting the message that it can't connect to MB .   It says "server not found.  Ensure MusicBee is running..... etc etc"  I updated my MB on my computer thinking I need the newest version but that didn't help.   I have newest as found on the Newest Version thread in the forum.    I closed out and re-opened the app and the program several times.    Even double checked my port settings on the router.   
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I hadn't synced my phone in a few weeks and now I want do but keep getting the message that it can't connect to MB .   It says "server not found.  Ensure MusicBee is running..... etc etc"  I updated my MB on my computer thinking I need the newest version but that didn't help.   I have newest as found on the Newest Version thread in the forum.    I closed out and re-opened the app and the program several times.    Even double checked my port settings on the router.

Have you actually gone in through Apps and force stopped it? I've found that sometimes after I do that it picks up again.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

railfan-eric28

I hadn't synced my phone in a few weeks and now I want do but keep getting the message that it can't connect to MB .   It says "server not found.  Ensure MusicBee is running..... etc etc"  I updated my MB on my computer thinking I need the newest version but that didn't help.   I have newest as found on the Newest Version thread in the forum.    I closed out and re-opened the app and the program several times.    Even double checked my port settings on the router.

Have you actually gone in through Apps and force stopped it? I've found that sometimes after I do that it picks up again.
I went in task switcher and closed it out several times.   No good.   I ran out of ideas and options.
Update:  I tried syncing but just realized that it's syncing as seen in the notification bar and drop down list.   And MB program shows it's syncing at the bottom of the window.   But I have no way of seeing what it's syncing.   It's weird.   The app itself doesn't even show it syncing.  Still has the message saying it can't find the server.
Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 07:09:44 AM by railfan-eric28
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.