Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310655 times)

Steven

• Administrator
can you do a simple test of playing a track, doing a sync preview and then checking in MB if the play count has incremented by 1

chrisdivine

Hi! Maybe this information helps someone:
I had problems, that were caused by the different wifi bands of my router. It sends with the same ssid in the 2,4- und 5-GHz bands. If android phone and my notebook are in different bands (but the same network), I get an connection error trying to sync.

Steven

• Administrator

chrisdivine

christmw2503

can you do a simple test of playing a track, doing a sync preview and then checking in MB if the play count has incremented by 1

All play counts are synced successfully. It's only tracks I played before that aren't synced.

Steven

• Administrator
if you are referring to the tracks played on the device, the reverse sync is incremental.
So on the very first reverse sync, the full play count should have been sync'ed back to your musicbee library. And afterwards, only the change in play count.
If you want, you could delete the sync state file from the device by clearing the storage used by the app. However it would mean you also lose the settings

vpsaxman

Hi! Maybe this information helps someone:
I had problems, that were caused by the different wifi bands of my router. It sends with the same ssid in the 2,4- und 5-GHz bands. If android phone and my notebook are in different bands (but the same network), I get an connection error trying to sync.

I'm experiencing the same issue. If my phone and PC are on different bands, the sync notification appears and hangs forever. The app's activity doesn't update and nothing gets synced.

I can also confirm that using the same band on both devices fixes the issue.

This does NOT happen for Playlist Sync by the way, just regular ("Full"?) sync.

Joker73R

What does the MusicBee app "files as configured in MusicBee" option stand for?

chrisdivine

I want to report an other issue. Sync with mp3-files works quite well, but not reliable, when I sync flac files converting to mp3.
I have a lot of flacs and use the option to convert it on the fly to mp3. In the playlists are 30 - 600 files. The short ones are transferred, but syncing hangs with the longer.

phred

• Global Moderator
It means that the parameters for the sync are those as specified for the device under Preferences > Devices
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Joker73R

It means that the parameters for the sync are those as specified for the device under Preferences > Devices

Thanks for the clarification. One thing that I don't understand: All my mp3 files have their album covers embedded, but if I don't check to embed them during the transfer to the device the songs don't have their covers even though those covers are embedded on the file apart from MusicBee.

frankz

Thanks for the clarification. One thing that I don't understand: All my mp3 files have their album covers embedded, but if I don't check to embed them during the transfer to the device the songs don't have their covers even though those covers are embedded on the file apart from MusicBee.
Why would you tell it not to embed them on the device if you want them embedded on the device?

Joker73R

Why would you tell it not to embed them on the device if you want them embedded on the device?

Because those files already have the covers embedded before being added to the MusicBee library.

frankz

What I'm getting at is that you're telling it to erase that embedded art on transfer by doing that.

Joker73R

What I'm getting at is that you're telling it to erase that embedded art on transfer by doing that.

Ah, understood. Thanks for the clarification. I also have lyrics embedded in the mp3 files and even though I don't select the option to embed them during the transfer to my device they still keep inside the mp3 file. I thought album covers would have the same behaviour. Apart from that misunderstanding, syncing works great. I've two suggestions:
- Add a shortcut to launch the syncing without opening the app via Tasker, for example.
- After syncing is finished, we should return to the main window by pressing "back" button on the phone instead of the "sync more" button.
- If I stop the syncing, the persistent notification gets stuck and I can only get rid of it when forcing its close.
- I love that the MusicBee computer program shows you the syncing percentage but, could you add the estimated remaining time? Or the songs that are being copied to the device.
- Touching the syncing notification should open the app.
Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 08:41:00 AM by Joker73R