Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310746 times)

Steven

• Administrator
I am not planning to make any further changes to the app for now. However please report any issues with the existing app to see if I can fix them

Re: Apple devices. I expect 2 way Wifi Synching could also work on iPhones, but its not something I will do. If anyone is interested to write an app, I can share the protocol MusicBee uses when wifi synching

phred

• Global Moderator
I am not planning to make any further changes to the app for now. However please report any issues with the existing app to see if I can fix them
Not something that needs to be fixed, but a slight change to the UI.

When a sync is completed, the app shows "Sync More" at the bottom. That statement -sort of- implies that not everything has been synced. Perhaps changing "Sync More" to "Return" or "Return to Start" or something similar. I admit I'm not that happy with either of my two suggestions, but I feel it's better than what shows now.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MCDoubleDefDP

However please report any issues with the existing app to see if I can fix them

1. I think an error message should show when trying to reverse sync using GoneMAD's trial (non-paid) version because backup isn't available in that. I switched ROMs last week and MB would attempt to sync indefinitely without showing any of pending tracks or anything. It wasn't until I disabled reverse sync that it worked, and then I noticed I didn't reinstall GoneMAD's pro key. Reverse sync worked fine after that.

2. The confirmation message that appears at the bottom of the screen when a sync finishes cuts off most of the Sync More button. I either have to wait a few seconds for it to disappear or press the very top of the button. Could you move the notification or Sync More button to a higher location so it'll be easier to press?

Steven

• Administrator
1. I think an error message should show when trying to reverse sync using GoneMAD's trial (non-paid) version because backup isn't available in that. I switched ROMs last week and MB would attempt to sync indefinitely without showing any of pending tracks or anything. It wasn't until I disabled reverse sync that it worked, and then I noticed I didn't reinstall GoneMAD's pro key. Reverse sync worked fine after that.
i dont think there is a way to tell but as it stands the sync app should have timed out after 60 seconds - did you wait that long?
I think its way to high so i will reduce that

MCDoubleDefDP

I'm not home to test, but I don't think I waited a full minute. Maybe close to it, but I stopped it once I figured something was up and never saw a message.

Steven

• Administrator
the next version will detect no stats file has been generated and will alert after 15 secs with a specific message

Steven

• Administrator
v0.8.2
https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4700978781087552506

snackbar message at completion of sync has been moved up so the button is not covered

Babydoll32

Hi, Steven.
Any news about the existing files, but still new copying problem?
Syncing with wire and backsync playcount didn't work.

Steven

• Administrator
Any news about the existing files, but still new copying problem?
No, i wont be able to help in the current release

Syncing with wire and backsync playcount didn't work.
you need to reverse sync first and then do the wired sync. If you already did that, then you will need to be a little bit more specific than "it didnt work"

Joker73R

I'm testing Android sync via WiFi an it works fine and fast but I'm having troubles to see the rating from a song on my PC on my Android device. I set a rating to a song on MusicBee on my PC and that rating is set on the properties of the file. But after syncing my library my phone doesn't seem to "see" the rating.
Also, could you add reverse sync from BlackPlayer app?

frankz

Make sure Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(1)...tag storage...'store ratings in the music file' is checked.  Otherwise the rating is only stored in the MB library database and not in the file's tags.

If the ratings are stored in your files tags already, then it's a problem with your player that it's not displaying them.  They're in the file in that case.

Joker73R

Make sure Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(1)...tag storage...'store ratings in the music file' is checked.  Otherwise the rating is only stored in the MB library database and not in the file's tags.

If the ratings are stored in your files tags already, then it's a problem with your player that it's not displaying them.  They're in the file in that case.

Thaks for answering so fast. The issue is that some ratings are not read by the phone even though they're embedded on the mp3 file.

Joker73R

Also, may I suggest adding a shortcut so we can launch the sync activity by just touching a shortcut instead of entering the app?

frankz

Thaks for answering so fast. The issue is that some ratings are not read by the phone even though they're embedded on the mp3 file.
If they're embedded in the file but not showing on the phone, that's a problem with the player on the phone. MB has done its job by embedding the rating in the file.

christmw2503

Play count syncing from Poweramp is acting strange. It's syncing partially. Like in Poweramp, in the Most played tab, I have tracks that have been played 12, 9, etc. times. However, after syncing, Musicbee is not showing tracks with play counts greater than 5. For tracks with lower play counts, Musicbee is only showing only those I listened recently. Meaning tracks I listened to before reverse syncing was implemented, their play counts are not being synced. Also, reverse sync option is disabled for my device. I tried deleting the device and syncing again, same thing.
Do I have to send a log?