Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310520 times)

SkyZippr

You need to tick "enable debug logging" in the Settings panel
I did, but the error log doesn't change from May 2nd.

You need to tick "enable debug logging" in the Settings panel
The current implementation will only search for the server on the same 10.165.A
I wouldnt know how to make an efficent way to search every combination of possible values so unless you can ensure they are both on the same subnet, its not going to work well.
The thing is, even when both PC and phone were on the same 10.165.A, I still got 'Server not found' error.
Unfortunately I don't have the log for that occasion.

Can the PC be searched by network name or something?

Steven

• Administrator

SkyZippr

I'll try setting both to static IP and see what happens.

Steven

• Administrator
I have added scrolling for that panel for small screens. I will make it available later today
v0.7.5 - its available now

phred

• Global Moderator
I have added scrolling for that panel for small screens. I will make it available later today
v0.7.5 - its available now
Looking good - thanks Steven.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Steven, I'm trying to reply about the "preserve folders and filenames" bit, but I keep getting pulled away.  Will get back to you ASAP.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Babydoll32

I got one question. Does MB check for existing files on Android or will it copy everything again with a new sync? The reason why I ask is, that it seems to me, that it copy files again, with every new sync, insteed skipping already existing files. And that waste a lot of time, with a lot of songs. Maybe my settings are wrong?!

MusicBee will resync files if their location according to the template in your device settings has changed, or if the file has been modified since the last sync. If the file is where it expects it to be and has not changed, it won't sync it again. [Update: fixing typos, yikes!]

I had one file with an exceptionally long name that kept resyncing, so if your filenames are very long you might also look at ways to shorten them and see if that helps.

That's a little bit strange. Syncing works perfectly now, but MB WiFi will still copy the existing files, when I resync, also if there was no modification or long filename. Wired sync skips existing files like it should.

Steven

• Administrator
That's a little bit strange. Syncing works perfectly now, but MB WiFi will still copy the existing files, when I resync, also if there was no modification or long filename. Wired sync skips existing files like it should.
can you run this debug version of musicbee.
It will add a lot of data to the end of your errorlog, so can you send me a zip of that file after the wifi sync (help/ support/view error log)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8cqu6gnxdn629zj/MusicBeeDebugSync.zip/file
unzip and replace musicbee.exe

SkyZippr

I tried setting both my PC and phone to static IP.
It looks like the wifi app is looking for a very specific IP, namely 10.165.1.126.
If I set my PC's IP to anything other than that, wifi app would be unable to locate the server.
I wonder if this leaves any clue to the issue I was having?

Also, is it impossible to implement a way to 'hook' the app via PC's network name instead of IP?
I suspect that other syncing apps like Folder Sync, Resilio Sync are all doing the same, since I never encountered any problem with them under the same environment.
I'm not very familiar with network, so forgive me if I'm referring to an entirely unrelated method.

SkyZippr

I think I just came across another weird issue.
I excluded approximately 200 songs from transfer in MB, then ran a wifi sync. Instead of deleting the individual songs, wifi sync deleted the whole artist folder from the phone.
Then, upon the next wifi sync, it copied all the songs which were meant to be not deleted in the last sync.
Maybe I was deleting too many songs at a time? I'll try deleting fewer songs next time and see what happens.

EuroMIX

First of all, thanks so much for trying to get this to work. I rely a lot on playlists and such that utilise how much and often I play a song, and plays not syncing both ways is a real bummer and basically ruins this system.

Any chance 2-way syncing could be made to work with MediaMonkey on android? It's probably the only music app I've found that actually handles delimiters for artists/genres/etc as well as MusicBee does, but I prefer to use your program on my PC.

I know the answer may be no, if only because MM is a major rival to MusicBee, but without an actual "MusicBee Mobile" (Mobee?), MediaMonkey probably serves this function the closest on Android.

Thanks so much if you can get it working.

Steven

• Administrator
@Babydoll32, can you post a screenshot of your device sync settings, especially the storage path and naming template.
According to the log you sent, MB is not detecting any files on the device before the sync starts
Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:43:44 AM by Steven

SkyZippr

I think I just came across another weird issue.
I excluded approximately 200 songs from transfer in MB, then ran a wifi sync. Instead of deleting the individual songs, wifi sync deleted the whole artist folder from the phone.
Then, upon the next wifi sync, it copied all the songs which were meant to be not deleted in the last sync.
Maybe I was deleting too many songs at a time? I'll try deleting fewer songs next time and see what happens.

Steven, I'm really sorry to keep bothering you with more and more issues.
I did a little test regarding the one above:

Note: I have a custom tag called 'Transfer' to manage the songs I'd like to transfer to my phone.
In my library, artist Calum Scott have 2 songs of which the 'Transfer' tag are  set to 'Yes', meaning those 2 songs are set to sync onto my phone.
I changed 'Transfer' the tag of one of the song to empty value, so that one would be deleted from my phone, and the other would remain on it.
Below is the screenshot of the preview prior to syncing. Wifi app correctly discovers the song that are meant to be deleted.

And here is the confirmation for deleting that particular song, after tapping 'SYNC NOW'.

And below is the debug error log of the said syncing.
As shown, it first deleted the song, then at the end it deleted the artist folder containing one song that were meant to remain on the phone.
Code
2019-05-06: MHA-L29;  9;  0.7.5
17:47:58: ping: socket ok=/10.165.1.126
17:47:58: ping: hello=MusicBeeWifiSyncServer/1.0
17:47:58: ping: matched=/10.165.1.126,status=OK
17:48:06: startSync: preview=true,iteration=0
17:48:06: command: action=SYNC_START
17:48:06: tryStart: connecting /10.165.1.126, attempt=0
17:48:06: tryStart: connected
17:48:06: tryStart: hello=true,fromMB=true,custfiles=false,preview=true,dev=MHA-L29,2
17:48:06: syncDevice: root=/storage/1AA1-02B9,ignoreErrors=false,playlists=false,ratings=true,playcount=true
17:48:06: syncDevice: command=SendStats
17:48:07: syncDevice: command=ShowResults
17:48:07: syncDevice: command=GetFiles
17:48:07: getFiles: Get: Music/, inc=true
17:48:08: syncDevice: command=GetFiles
17:48:08: getFiles: Get: Podcasts/, inc=true
17:48:08: syncDevice: command=GetFiles
17:48:08: getFiles: Get: Music/Playlists/, inc=false
17:48:08: syncDevice: command=ShowPreviewResults
17:48:08: syncDevice: exit
17:49:05: startSync: preview=false,iteration=1
17:49:05: command: action=SYNC_START
17:49:05: tryStart: connecting /10.165.1.126, attempt=0
17:49:05: tryStart: connected
17:49:05: tryStart: hello=true,fromMB=true,custfiles=false,preview=false,dev=MHA-L29,2
17:49:05: syncDevice: root=/storage/1AA1-02B9,ignoreErrors=false,playlists=false,ratings=true,playcount=true
17:49:05: syncDevice: command=SendStats
17:49:06: syncDevice: command=ShowResults
17:49:06: syncDevice: command=GetFiles
17:49:06: getFiles: Get: Music/Playlists/, inc=false
17:49:06: syncDevice: command=ShowDeleteConfirmation
17:49:36: syncDevice: command=DeleteFiles
17:49:36: deleteFiles: Delete: Music/Calum Scott/Only Human/06 Stop Myself (Only Human).mp3
17:49:37: syncDevice: command=ReceiveFile
17:49:37: receiveFile: Receive: Music/Playlists/Recently Favorited.m3u8
17:49:37: receiveFile: Receive: Music/Playlists/Least Recently Played ★4's.m3u8
17:49:37: receiveFile: Receive: Music/Playlists/For Shuffle.m3u8
17:49:37: receiveFile: Receive: Music/Playlists/5 Stars.m3u8
17:49:37: receiveFile: Receive: Music/Playlists/4 Stars.m3u8
17:49:37: syncDevice: command=DeleteFolders
17:49:37: deleteFolder: Delete: Music/Calum Scott/
17:49:38: syncDevice: command=Exit
17:49:38: exitSync: fails=0
17:49:39: syncDevice: exit

Below is the screenshot of the preview of the next syncing, where the song that was not supposed to be deleted are being copied.

Btw, Wifi syncing seems to be working fine as long as the PC stays on 10.165.1.126.
Any other IP would cause 'Server not found' to reappear.

Steven

• Administrator
can you reset the mediastore database on your device and when that is complete redo the test

Babydoll32

@Babydoll32, can you post a screenshot of your device sync settings, especially the storage path and naming template.
According to the log you sent, MB is not detecting any files on the device before the sync starts

Yes, that's the point. Files are there and sync is working well on other side. But waste a lot of time. Is it because I convert FLAC to OGG while converting, maybe?! I'll send you a screenshot this evening, when I'm at home.