Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310638 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It looks like, if you are saving artwork to folders and then change settings to not save it to folders, MusicBee doesn't do any cleanup on the artwork. I had a ton of artwork files in three different folder trees (because I was also having issues with MusicBee not creating the directory structure I wanted, but I think I've worked that part out now).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Using MB 3.3.7055 and WiFi Sync 0.6.1.

I added two albums to my MB library. They're there and they play. I attempted a WiFi sync preview and it shows all the tracks on the two albums and the playlists. All is as expected. I 'sync now' and in less than five seconds, the device (FiiO) states 'synchronization cancelled' and MB's status bar states 'synchronization successfully completed.' There is nothing in MB's error log from today and the app error log is showing entries from March 16. Is this error log still stored in the Android's download directory? If so, there are no error logs there.

I have restarted MB. I have restarted the app. No change. I ran a good number of syncs yesterday and had no issues. Syncing to my Samsung works as expected.

EDIT: Rebooting the PC seemed to take care of the problem. But I'd still like to know if the wifi error logs are still saved to the download directory.
Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 09:31:53 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
EDIT: Rebooting the PC seemed to take care of the problem. But I'd still like to know if the wifi error logs are still saved to the download directory.
the error log is in a user inaccessable section of app storage (as is standard for android apps). You can only access it via the ... button on the action bar

phred

• Global Moderator
the error log is in a user inaccessable section of app storage (as is standard for android apps). You can only access it via the ... button on the action bar
Good to know. Thanks Steven.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

SkyZippr

Strangely, Wifi sync stopped working again.

I made sure the network is set to Private on PC, and I even tried turning off the firewall (Comodo Security), but I kept getting the 'Unable to connect to Musicbee' error.
According to Wifi app's error log, it was trying to connect to 10.165.1.176 from 10.165.1.212, while my PC is now 10.165.2.20.

My PC's IP is 10.165.1.117 now, and Wifi sync app is working again.

Steven

• Administrator
v0.7
https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4700978781087552506

also update to v3.3.7061+
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

the full sync and reverse-sync have been integrated into a single activity and a few improvements to the sync failure reporting

phred

• Global Moderator
Using MB 3.3.7055 and WiFi Sync 0.6.1.

I added two albums to my MB library. They're there and they play. I attempted a WiFi sync preview and it shows all the tracks on the two albums and the playlists. All is as expected. I 'sync now' and in less than five seconds, the device (FiiO) states 'synchronization cancelled' and MB's status bar states 'synchronization successfully completed.' There is nothing in MB's error log from today and the app error log is showing entries from March 16. Is this error log still stored in the Android's download directory? If so, there are no error logs there.

I have restarted MB. I have restarted the app. No change. I ran a good number of syncs yesterday and had no issues. Syncing to my Samsung works as expected.

This issue has shown up again, but now using MB 3.3.7061 and WiFi Sync 0.7. Rebooting the PC doesn't help as it did previously. Restarting the FiiO also doesn't change. As previously, the device completes an accurate preview, but when the sync is initiated, the device declares "synchronization cancelled" and MB's status bar states "synchronization successfully competed.

MB's Error Log shows:
Code
5/2/2019 9:46:56 PM - Sync Preview failed: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
The FiiO Error Log shows the correct date and time, but is showing version 0.6.1 even though going to Android Apps the WiFi Sync version shows as 0.7. And on the device it shows all in English, but as you can see from this cut and paste, a lot of it is now in Chinese:
Code
2019-05-02: X5;  5.1.1;  0.6.1਍㈀㄀㨀㐀㔀㨀㌀㌀㨀 最攀琀䘀椀氀攀猀 樀愀瘀愀⸀渀攀琀⸀匀漀挀欀攀琀䔀砀挀攀瀀琀椀漀渀㨀 樀愀瘀愀⸀渀攀琀⸀匀漀挀欀攀琀䔀砀挀攀瀀琀椀漀渀㨀 猀攀渀搀琀漀 昀愀椀氀攀搀㨀 䔀吀䤀䴀䔀䐀伀唀吀 ⠀䌀漀渀渀攀挀琀椀漀渀 琀椀洀攀搀 漀甀琀⤀ഀ
21:45:33: looper command=SyncToDevice: java.net.SocketException: java.net.SocketException: sendto failed: EPIPE (Broken pipe)਍㈀㄀㨀㐀㔀㨀㌀㐀㨀 眀愀椀琀匀挀愀渀 樀愀瘀愀⸀氀愀渀最⸀䤀渀琀攀爀爀甀瀀琀攀搀䔀砀挀攀瀀琀椀漀渀ഀ
21:45:34: looper java.net.SocketException: sendto failed: EPIPE (Broken pipe)਍
I will play with the error log language issue tom'w and if I can get it all in English I will post.

EDIT: English WiFi Error Log in Reply #413
Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 01:51:02 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I just updated both MB and the wifi app. I like the new options layout! Can't wait to test the reverse sync but not quite up to committing that much attention until next week, once my classes are done for the semester.

I've been having this happen a lot where it acts like its going to sync and then says "synchronization cancelled", but usually if I retry it a few times it will finally get it together and do the sync. At least for the moment, though, that's not happening. I can preview the sync, but it won't run.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

phred

• Global Moderator
I've been having this happen a lot where it acts like its going to sync and then says "synchronization cancelled", but usually if I retry it a few times it will finally get it together and do the sync. At least for the moment, though, that's not happening. I can preview the sync, but it won't run.
Yes, exactly. On my initial post about this a PC reboot solved the issue, but now, whatever I do, it will not sync. Is there anything in either error log?

Here's the WiFi error log I posted in Reply #411, but all in English. I had used FTP to get it from the FiiO to my PC. Now I copied the log to the second card in the FiiO, pullled the card and put it in the PC and it's all English. I'll look for a different FTP app later as it's a real pain in the butt having to pull the card in order to report the error.
Code
2019-05-02: X5;  5.1.1;  0.6.1
21:45:33: getFiles java.net.SocketException: java.net.SocketException: sendto failed: ETIMEDOUT (Connection timed out)
21:45:33: looper command=SyncToDevice: java.net.SocketException: java.net.SocketException: sendto failed: EPIPE (Broken pipe)
21:45:34: waitScan java.lang.InterruptedException
21:45:34: looper java.net.SocketException: sendto failed: EPIPE (Broken pipe)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There hasn't been anything from the error log on the phone, just some stuff from a couple days ago that says Socket Exception Timeout over and over. I'll double check on MusicBee.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

phred

• Global Moderator
There hasn't been anything from the error log on the phone, just some stuff from a couple days ago that says Socket Exception Timeout over and over. I'll double check on MusicBee.
Would you mind looking at the WiFi version number? Settings > Apps > MusicBee WiFi. Mine confirms 0.7 but the log is showing 0.6.1. Which may be part of the problem. I'll be able to attempt another sync in a little while and will report back.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
App is 0.7, MusicBee is 3.3.7061. I restarted both devices but still no luck. No error log on either side.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Babydoll32

Hi Steven,
are you planning a playcount sync to GoneMadPlayer?
It's because, if you have a song played in MB a thousand times GMP doesn't know.
And when I'm playing song in GMP, it will count from zero. So, when I sync back to MB,
MB won't recognize the new plays and doesn't increase playcount.

Steven

• Administrator
Hi Steven,
are you planning a playcount sync to GoneMadPlayer?
It's because, if you have a song played in MB a thousand times GMP doesn't know.
And when I'm playing song in GMP, it will count from zero. So, when I sync back to MB,
MB won't recognize the new plays and doesn't increase playcount.
You already asked and i already said no. When you sync back from GMP or PoweAmp, its incremental ie. it adds to the existing MB playcount. Did you actually try it?

phred

• Global Moderator
I finally had time to attempt another sync with the FiiO and it worked with none of the issues I reported yesterday. I can't be certain, but it might be that every time there's a new update for the app, it has this issue. I'll have to wait until the next update, and if it then happens again, it would be three updates in a row that had the issue. But that begs the question why, after waiting 18-24 hours, does it work properly with me not doing anything different?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki