Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310617 times)

Steven

• Administrator
I think what i will do is attempt to add PowerAmp player (not promising)
I feel confident now that play-counts can be reverse sync'ed and ratings as well - but PowerAmp have changed the UI so you can only tap a thumbs up/ down, so i guess that could be sync'ed to love/ban in musicbee. Not sure about playlists just at the moment.
So if any PowerAmp users want to try this, send me an email with your google play email address. Also could you comment on what you would expect ratings to sync back as, if at all?

Steven

• Administrator
I've just updated to 0.5.1 and tried running it again a few times. Unfortunately, it's still doing the same thing. To answer your questions:
Your previous error log is quite confusing and it almost seems like you are not using the latest MB patch version. So can you click "Help/ About" and confirm the MB version.
I am creating a debug version of the android app and will post an update a bit later

Steven

• Administrator
0.5.2 has debug info - can you send me the error log details after attempting a reverse sync preview

MCDoubleDefDP

0.5.2 has debug info - can you send me the error log details after attempting a reverse sync preview

It generated a log that is too long to post on this board, so I emailed it to you.

Also, I downloaded MusicBee portable to test the reverse sync with a few tracks and it worked properly. My main installation of MusicBee must've gotten corrupted somehow, so I am about to backup my library and try a clean install to see if that fixes it.

Steven

• Administrator
I think its simple as you not having replaced musicbee.exe in the program files folder. If you do a help/ about that will confirm the MB version.

edit:
i see you confirmed that in your email. I will check out your debug log now
Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 06:07:04 PM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm going to test this it as soon as possible. Trying to catch up on life things I've let slide while playing with my music, first...
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
It generated a log that is too long to post on this board, so I emailed it to you.
the log doesnt make complete sense to. I think this one should capture the error better

v0.5.3
https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4700978781087552506

edit:
I am reasonably sure the issue is because the device cannot display all the results. I will wait for your feedback first but I have the next version ready with a change to restrict the number of results displayed.
Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 07:27:29 PM by Steven

MCDoubleDefDP

the log doesnt make complete sense to. I think this one should capture the error better

v0.5.3

edit:
I am reasonably sure the issue is because the device cannot display all the results. I will wait for your feedback first but I have the next version ready with a change to restrict the number of results displayed.

Thanks, I'll send you a new log in about 2-3 hours. I just finished moving from an installed MusicBee instance to the portable one and it's making me do the initial sync over again.

Steven

• Administrator

MCDoubleDefDP

edit:

I just did another test where I copied my entire 10,800+ song library to my phone using a fresh portable instance of MusicBee and I can confirm that reverse sync (0.5.5) appears to work as it is supposed to for ratings and playcounts (I briefly tried syncing playlists, but couldn't figure it out and didn't care to learn right now). I only tested a few tracks changing ratings and playcounts at a time, but the preview scan only took a couple seconds and didn't "scan" indefinitely like before.

My main portable instance of MusicBee still doesn't work, so it appears that the issue I'm having has to something to do with my library file or settings because when I transferred from an installed version to the portable version yesterday, I imported my settings and library instead of starting new like the test I just ran. The amount of files scanned doesn't appear to make a difference.

I'm going to a take a break and then try to figure out if I can import just my playcounts from my main library into my test one, and then manually rebuild everything so I make the test library my main one.

Steven

• Administrator
I believe the issue relates to a bug on the MusicBee.exe side for handling files MB is unable to match in the library.
Anyone using the reverse sync functionality should apply the following patch:

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

Steven

• Administrator
A few minor changes. For files that cannot be matched in musicbee, the sync app error log now logs the full file path of the device file that could not be matched so you can easily find and delete it if you wish

v0.5.6

Also update again:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:34:03 PM by Steven

Babydoll32

Hi, Steven.
I tried Wi-Fi Sync on my Nokia 8 with pure Android 9,
but I only got message "Run a wired sync from MusicBee first and then try Wifi Sync again.". I've done wired sync a few times, but nothing happens. I use v.0.4.3 and latest Musicbee.

Steven

• Administrator
Hi, Steven.
but I only got message "Run a wired sync from MusicBee first and then try Wifi Sync again.". I've done wired sync a few times, but nothing happens. I use v.0.4.3 and latest Musicbee.
when you do a wired sync, what is the exact device name that MB displays and how does it compare to the android device name displayed in Settings/About Phone/device name ?

Babydoll32

Hi, Steven.
when you do a wired sync, what is the exact device name that MB displays and how does it compare to the android device name displayed in Settings/About Phone/device name ?

MB shows Nokia 8 and Android shows Nokia 8. Tried with internal and external storage.