Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310714 times)

railfan-eric28

Is it necessary to delete everything and sync it all again?
no.
can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
and also let me know the folder path the music files reside on your device

Come to find out I hadn't yet synced from this new computer and it was importing old outdated playlists and the new ones was in mbp and the links was broken.   So after lots of 
 fooling around, as i couldn't get any help on my other thread, I finely figured out how to manually export each playlist from the old computer and read them into the new computer in working order. and then finally it synced it only deleted some files and then synced the rest.   So far so good. 

I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

klint

I have done some further testing, and the RootPath setting does not get updated even after a sequence of preview/sync: it is set to "Internal memory" while I explicitely set it to "SD Card" (still, the device summary in the sync panel always shows the SD Card size, not the internal memory one).
yes i agree - it looks like a change i made causes it not to be updated. I will fix that for the next 3.3 update

edit:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

Hi Steven
Thanks, but now I'm stuck in another issue: the folder paths for music/podcast/... on the device now mention explicitely Internal Storage while the RootPath is SD Card. I have tried to remove the Internal device from those pathes but they are back.

Of course, the sync preview tells me to resync everything ;)

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
that should have been fixed this morning so please re-download

klint

that should have been fixed this morning so please re-download

Happy to report that it works fine now. Thanks Steven :)

Steven

• Administrator
Will it be possible only with 2 way Wifi Sync?
Thats right. After I feel comfortable one-way wifi sync is stable i will approach the developers of some of the players to see if there is a way to sync ratings and play-counts back to musicbee. Specifically on the point of deleting songs on the phone and playlists, i could probably do that without any co-operation of the other players but i havent investigated yet.

Also there should be an option to include folders manually in the preferences like if i want to just sync only two albums then why do i need to sync whole music? And there should be an easy way to do it like you should be able to just right-click on any album in MusicBee and click Sync and boom it goes to the phone.
you can do that with wired sync, using right click/ Send To/ Device

OhJeffrey

Hey Steven,
you are incredible. Wow, I'm stunned by your work!
MusicBee is by far the most advanced MusicPlayer I know. Way better, faster and smoother than others.
While using MB for all my partys and playlist management I still have to use MediaMonkey for the AndroidSync. If you would be able to get the 2-way-sync to work... oh boy ... that would be the next big thing! :-*

KangNi

Hi,

I've just tried MB Wifi Sync and experienced an issue with changing the playlist format.

I started syncing with M3U files and it worked fine.
Later I switched to PLA and it worked fine.
After I switched back to M3U, the android APP corretly shows M3U files in the sync preview, but when I proceed it still stores PLA files!  :o

I've already tried restart MB and the APP.
There seems to be no way to set it back to sync M3U files again  :-\

Any ideas here?

MB 3.3.7003
MB Sync 0.2.6

Greetings
Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 11:38:24 PM by KangNi

KangNi

If you find they're truly not being copied over try manually deleting the pla files on the device and then resyncing.

I've did deleted the PLA files and Yes, they are synced in the right folder.
But the App still writes PLA files but shows M3U in the sync preview.

railfan-eric28

Is there going to be a way to select which playlists or whatever to sync via WIFI from the android app?  So I can lay in bed or whatever and change it without going to the computer and doing it on the software?  That's how iSyncr works.  Except it was slow as hell to try to browse artists, albums, or songs or anything other then playlists. 
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

phred

• Global Moderator
If you find they're truly not being copied over try manually deleting the pla files on the device and then resyncing.

I've did deleted the PLA files and Yes, they are synced in the right folder.
But the App still writes PLA files but shows M3U in the sync preview.

You say you're seeing m3u in the preview, so make sure they're not going to a different folder rather than the one expected.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
PLA formatted playlists is not supported (and wont be) by WifiSync and switches to M3U

chrisdivine

Hi Steven!

I LOVE MB! Really and the WiFI Sync option is a killer feature! Thanks 4 your work. You are doing a great job!

I am using 3.3.7003 and syncronication is a little bit buggy at the moment. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
Actually it stops with the android message: A non-recoverable error occured during the synchronization process.... and the log files say (german phone!):
"März 08, 2019 9:48:15 VORM. com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.ErrorHandler logError
SCHWERWIEGEND: looper [CLT-L29, 9, 0.2.6] command=ReceiveFile: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 114"
"März 08, 2019 9:52:25 VORM. com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.ErrorHandler logError
SCHWERWIEGEND: looper [CLT-L29, 9, 0.2.6] command=ShowPreviewResults: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 108"
CLT-L29 is the name on my phone (Android 9) using only the internal device.
Maybe this info can help you with the development.

Once again: THANK YOU!
chris

KangNi

Hi there,

due to I still experiencing sync issues with playlists, but also found some obvious reasons for that, I've startet a new general thread about Android and playlists:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=28124.msg156052#msg156052

Please have look.

Greetings

Steven

• Administrator
I am using 3.3.7003 and syncronication is a little bit buggy at the moment. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
Actually it stops with the android message: A non-recoverable error occured during the synchronization process.... and the log files say (german phone!):
"März 08, 2019 9:48:15 VORM. com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.ErrorHandler logError
SCHWERWIEGEND: looper [CLT-L29, 9, 0.2.6] command=ReceiveFile: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 114"
How solid is your Wifi connection?
I do have some retry code when a socket read or write fails but i see one place i missed, so have fixed that for the next android app update - it might be a few days though

Steven

• Administrator
Is there going to be a way to select which playlists or whatever to sync via WIFI from the android app?
I have implemented the ability to select specific playlists for sync from the android device (not artists or albums, just playlists)
I will probably make it available in a few days time