Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310534 times)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
TEST - [03 MAR 2019]
Device SM-J500FN Android 6.0.1
MB 3.3.6996.32080

DEVICE SETTING
Storage path = [SM-J500FN\Card\]

TEST ACTIONS
1 - Amend device setting to: Playlist path = [Playlists\].
2 - Remove tracks, add tracks and add playlist to sync settings.
3 - Restart MB.
4 - DELETE all current playlists on Card.
5 - Launch MusicBee Wifi Sync App 0.2.5.

RESULTS
All expected COPY (35) and DELETE (126) operations successful on [\Card\Music\] *.m4a
All Playlists copied successfully to [\Card\Playlists\] *.m3u

ONLY ONE ERROR (The only entry in the error log for months!)
Slightly odd as the track "01 Theme From Shaft.m4a" was not in any of the Playlists in the device sync settings, and so was not transferred to device.

MB Error Log:
02/03/2019 11:15:09 - Copy D:\MusicBee\Library\Music\Isaac Hayes\Shaft\01 Theme From Shaft.m4a to SM-J500FN\Card\Music\Isaac Hayes\Shaft\1-01 - Theme From Shaft.m4a

Regards: Freddy
Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 01:02:37 PM by Freddy Barker

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred, can you run this debug version and let me know the info at the end of the error log after doing a wifi sync (preview only is ok)
I added one playlist to the list of already enabled playlists and then attempted a WiFi sync. Sync app stated "No changes required."
Debug error log:
Code
3/3/2019 7:36:39 AM - device name=X5,storage=T:\,playlists path=Playlists\,est=True
3/3/2019 7:36:39 AM - playlist all=False,count=0,create folders=False
3/3/2019 7:36:44 AM - playlists=False,format=M3u,partial=False
3/3/2019 7:36:44 AM - sync playlists=False,est=True
After seeing that the log shows "storage=T:\" I looked at the 'removable device' settings in MB and it's pointing to U:\ as the root of the storage path. There's a drop down in that field, but all that shows is U:\ and I can't manually change it to T:\. I recall at one point during WiFi testing the X5 was syncing to U:\. Looking at the other configurations under devices, X5 (the internal card that I don't use for music) is showing at T:\ and X5_SD1 is showing as V:\. T:\ and V:\ are used when I'm syncing via USB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
Its nothing to do with what storage path you have set. MB is matching on the device name, so the configuration you need to edit is called "X5" - you can find and edit it in Preferences/ Devices.
As it stands you have no playlists selected in "X5"

phred

• Global Moderator
Its nothing to do with what storage path you have set. MB is matching on the device name, so the configuration you need to edit is called "X5" - you can find and edit it in Preferences/ Devices.
As it stands you have no playlists selected in "X5"
YES! Playlists are now showing up on the preview and they are syncing. Added one playlist and it copied. Deleted a playlist and it was removed. Added a track to a playlist and it copied. Thanks very much Steven.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

zkhcohen

@zkhcohen, your device is named "SAMSUNG-SM-G955U" but your playlist root path is configured as "SM-G955U\Card\Playlists\"
I am guessing the name of your device has recently been changed.
So MB is trying to save the playlists to:
SAMSUNG-SM-G955U\Card\SM-G955U\Card\Playlists\

You should set the correct playlist root path - easier if you just make it a relative path like the other folders.

Having said all this, there is a bug as it failed to create folder "SM-G955U". I can see why that happened and will fix that

@phred, i have sent you a PM re: the refresh entries in the error log

Super weird. I didn't intentionally change the phone name.

Modifying the playlist path worked perfectly! Thanks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm having a problem with inconsistency of file paths between wired and wireless syncing. What I WANT is to sync everything to a folder on my SD card called MusicBee, with subfolders for Music, Audiobooks, etc. With wired sync this works with the following settings (it looks wrong because the Music path doesn't show the music subfolder, but it actually does create a MusicBee\Music folder where it puts all the tracks).

However, when I unplug the phone and open the device from Devices, this i what I get:

I've tried editing and saving it, but it won't change. And it seems to be trying to delete/recopy tracks based on these settings when I use the wireless sync.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
Putting aside the wired vs. wireless sync for a moment, if you still have the phone connected to the computer and dont use wireless sync in a musicbee session, does the values for audiobooks and podcasts show incorrectly both when opened from the Preferences/ Devices/ Configure panel vs. opening from the main panel? ie. is it simply a display bug in the Preferences/ Devices/ Configure panel irrespective of whether wired sync is active

I didnt actually test the preserve folders and filenames setting, so i will do so as it sounds like there is an issue with relative paths

edit:
nevermind about the test with Configure panel as i get the same behaviour
Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 09:06:39 PM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Ok, thanks. I *think* it's actually syncing correctly.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
I think its just a display bug when accessed via the Preferences/ Devices tab, and should have sync'ed correctly assuming you saved with the correct path.
Its fixed now:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

klint

)
could there be a side effect on the MTP sync from the latest changes you did on the device syncing ?
only if you succeeded with the Wifi Sync on an some of the earlier MB builds due to a bug with setting the file modification time, and every file was synched.
I suggest you try with the MB version from the first forum topic. If it still happens, check the modification date/time of some of the files. Also check the MB sync settings has the correct music folder path and correct storage path
Let me know how that goes.

The issue comes from the fact that the Storage folder of my phone is always reset to "internal memory" even if I set it back to "external SD card" (after what the sync over MTP behaves quite correctly).

I have tried to modify another parameter in the device settings, like "delete unmatched target files" together with the Root path (set back to "SD CARD"), yet in MusicBee3Settings.ini, only on the <DeleteUnmatchedTargetFiles> param is updated, but not the <RootPath> one, when exiting MB.
Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 10:39:14 PM by klint

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think its just a display bug when accessed via the Preferences/ Devices tab, and should have sync'ed correctly assuming you saved with the correct path.
Its fixed now:

That fixed it, thanks!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
The issue comes from the fact that the Storage folder of my phone is always reset to "internal memory" even if I set it back to "external SD card" (after what the sync over MTP behaves quite correctly).

I have tried to modify another parameter in the device settings, like "delete unmatched target files" together with the Root path (set back to "SD CARD"), yet in MusicBee3Settings.ini, only on the <DeleteUnmatchedTargetFiles> param is updated, but not the <RootPath> one, when exiting MB.
wifi sync doesnt update the MB device sync settings. With wired sync, when you change the storage root path, there is a behaviour where its not saved unless you do a preview or sync. I will address that at some point

klint

wifi sync doesnt update the MB device sync settings. With wired sync, when you change the storage root path, there is a behaviour where its not saved unless you do a preview or sync. I will address that at some point

Hi Steven
I have done some further testing, and the RootPath setting does not get updated even after a sequence of preview/sync: it is set to "Internal memory" while I explicitely set it to "SD Card" (still, the device summary in the sync panel always shows the SD Card size, not the internal memory one).
Thanks

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Music Bee Wifi Sync App 0.2.6 TEST - 04 March 2019

(MB 3.3.7001.38776), RESULTS - All Good!

Regards: Freddy

Steven

• Administrator
I have done some further testing, and the RootPath setting does not get updated even after a sequence of preview/sync: it is set to "Internal memory" while I explicitely set it to "SD Card" (still, the device summary in the sync panel always shows the SD Card size, not the internal memory one).
yes i agree - it looks like a change i made causes it not to be updated. I will fix that for the next 3.3 update

edit:
Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 07:14:09 PM by Steven