Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 307673 times)

frankz

It works just fine here with a desktop wired connection to the router.

You can set a static IP address for your computer either in your computer's network settings or your router's DHCP reservation settings.

Steven

• Administrator
Once again today and a week or so ago I had to clear data.   Is there something that can be done so it doesn't have to be cleared so much?
Did you update the Android app when it was updated last month? I was hoping that would be more robust in re-connecting when the ip address changes

railfan-eric28

I haven't noticed if it updated or not.   Usually it's automatic.   Last updated on March 4th. I'm on the beta testing. 
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

Madmaxneo

FYI, the wired syncing is not working anymore either.

thed0g195

Hello,

I'm in the final stage to switch from iTunes/iSyncr to MusicBee since Wi-Fi syncing is important to me. Device is Samsung Galaxy A50, Android 9, I sync to internal storage.

I sync selected playlists. The tracks are synced fine, also changes to the playlists, but I noticed that when I uncheck a certain playlist (so it'll get deleted from device), the tracks are deleted but not the playlist file. That means that an empty playlist gets displayed in the music player (Poweramp in my case). Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting for that? Tracks are put into /Internal storage/Music then respective folders based on Artist, Playlists are put into Music/ but I also tried making a separate folder like Playlists with no change regarding deletion.

Here's a screenshot of my Devices/Configure/Settings configuration : https://imgur.com/a/ikoTw0E

I've synced one test playlist first, then unselected it for removal and selected a 2nd playlist for syncing. The tracks of the first playlist were removed, but not the playlist file itself. The 2nd playlist tracks and playlist file was copied as expected.

Here's a Debug log of the sync:

Code
2020-04-13: SM-A505FN;  9;  2.0.0
11:14:58: ping: socket ok=/192.168.1.10
11:14:58: ping: hello=MusicBeeWifiSyncServer/1.0
11:14:58: ping: matched=/192.168.1.10,status=OK
11:15:05: startSync: preview=true,iteration=0
11:15:05: command: action=SYNC_START
11:15:05: tryStart: connecting /192.168.1.10, attempt=0
11:15:05: tryStart: connected
11:15:05: tryStart: hello=true,fromMB=false,custfiles=true,preview=true,dev=SM-A505FN,1
11:15:05: storage: path=/storage/emulated/0,root=null
11:15:05: syncDevice: root=/storage/emulated/0,ignoreErrors=false,playlists=false,ratings=false,playcount=false
11:15:05: syncDevice: command=GetFiles
11:15:05: getFiles: Get: Music/,url=/storage/emulated/0/Music/, inc=true
11:15:05: getFiles: count=2
11:15:05: getFiles: Get: Music/Podcasts/,url=/storage/emulated/0/Music/Podcasts/, inc=true
11:15:05: getFiles: count=0
11:15:05: getFiles: Get: Music/Playlists/,url=/storage/emulated/0/Music/Playlists/, inc=false
11:15:05: syncDevice: command=ShowPreviewResults
11:15:05: syncDevice: exit
11:15:08: startSync: preview=false,iteration=1
11:15:08: command: action=SYNC_START
11:15:08: tryStart: connecting /192.168.1.10, attempt=0
11:15:08: tryStart: connected
11:15:08: tryStart: hello=true,fromMB=false,custfiles=true,preview=false,dev=SM-A505FN,1
11:15:08: storage: path=/storage/emulated/0,root=null
11:15:08: syncDevice: root=/storage/emulated/0,ignoreErrors=false,playlists=false,ratings=false,playcount=false
11:15:08: syncDevice: command=GetFiles
11:15:08: getFiles: Get: Music/Playlists/,url=/storage/emulated/0/Music/Playlists/, inc=false
11:15:08: getFiles: count=0
11:15:08: syncDevice: command=ShowDeleteConfirmation
11:15:10: syncDevice: command=DeleteFiles
11:15:10: deleteFiles: Delete: Music/2weiraumwohnung/Wir Werden Sehen/03 - Wir werden sehen (Paul kalkbrenner remix).mp3
11:15:10: syncDevice: command=DeleteFiles
11:15:10: deleteFiles: Delete: Music/Evanescence/Fallen (Retail)/02 - Bring Me To Life.mp3
11:15:10: syncDevice: command=ReceiveFile
11:15:10: receiveFile: Receive: Music/Evanescence/Fallen (Retail)/01 - Going Under.mp3
11:15:12: syncDevice: command=ReceiveFile
11:15:12: receiveFile: Receive: Music/Evanescence/Fallen (Retail)/Evanescence - Fallen (Retail).jpg
11:15:12: syncDevice: command=ReceiveFile
11:15:12: receiveFile: Receive: Music/Playlists/Test2.m3u
11:15:12: syncDevice: command=DeleteFolders
11:15:12: deleteFolder: Delete: Music/2weiraumwohnung/
11:15:12: syncDevice: command=Exit
11:15:12: exitSync: fails=0
11:15:12: waitScanFiles: start
11:15:13: waitScanFiles: done
11:15:13: syncDevice: exit

This part is what's odd for me:

Code
11:15:05: getFiles: Get: Music/Playlists/,url=/storage/emulated/0/Music/Playlists/, inc=false

It returns count 0 despite there's a .m3u playlist file in there. Shouldn't this be detected and shown on the preview for removal and remove it after sync?

Also a feedback on the MusicBee Wifi Sync app, not such a big of a deal, but I noticed it when testing. When you want to remove a single synced playlist on the device, it won't let you if you just uncheck it, unless you sync another playlist. So if I sync Test1 to device, then want to remove it, I have to sync at least one another. I guess this doesn't matter much later on when having multiple playlists, but it kinda confused me at the beginning.
Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:21:13 AM by thed0g195

railfan-eric28

This is weird but i had this problem before.  I went to sync after a few days and it was in the middle of a sync doing nothing.   so i cancelled and then it reset the settings again on it's own even though i just had to clear data the other day to get it to work.   So i had to redo the settings again.   I don't understand why it randomly does this.
edit
In addition it's not syncing my new playlist.  under devices i have a third device for the same phone.   So i have two for SD card sync.
Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 04:52:53 PM by railfan-eric28
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

Madmaxneo

Yeah, I have been having the sync issue again now for more than a week. I had the issue back in Feb (I think) but an update to the Android system fixed it. For some reason the sync issue has returned yet again.

thed0g195

So is this topic of the possibility deleting playlists at sync (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=28093.msg172945#msg172945) somehow a taboo topic or is it a choice by design ?

I've found a similar question without any answers: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=25075.0

railfan-eric28

just did it to me again.    >:(   Also it's messed up on my tablet and i couldn't get it to work and I hadn't took the time to fix it on there too now of course it just did it to my phone. 
Steven any word yet on an update to fix the app?

frankz

I use the app every day.  I don't think the app itself is the problem.

railfan-eric28

I use the app every day.  I don't think the app itself is the problem.

Does yours reset itself often?  Either mine resets itself or can't find the server and has the be reset as in clear data.   either way it sucks.  and if we were to use the playlist settings on the app itself it would be awful to have to figure out what playlists the select and which ones are on the phone since a person like me probably has a list of 50 playlists and only half of them get synced.  fortunately I have it set to sync the playlists that are selected via the computer software.  Unless i put in a new memory card and it has to be done from scratch.

frankz

I have not reset the app or cleared data since the latest update.  I hit "sync now" and it syncs.  Don't know what to tell you. The app works. You are doing something that makes it not work.

Steven

• Administrator
The source code is on github for anyone who has android experience to look at and potentially make changes. Its simply the case that I don't have enough socket or android experience to solve the more unusual cases.

https://github.com/mayallst/MusicBeeWifiSync

railfan-eric28

The source code is on github for anyone who has android experience to look at and potentially make changes. Its simply the case that I don't have enough socket or android experience to solve the more unusual cases.

https://github.com/mayallst/MusicBeeWifiSync

I hope someone can help you.  I don't have any experience.    It just did it again since my last sync.  What gets me is when i get done syncing I have the sync button for "sync more"  i just hit the home button or task switcher to go to something else.   then go back a day or days later and then it shows it's in the middle of a sync.   A phantom sync if you will.   I cancel it to start syncing and that's when it goes back to the settings like a fresh install and i have to do the settings again and give permissions to the memory card as if it's the first time it's run. 

SkyZippr

I cancel it to start syncing and that's when it goes back to the settings like a fresh install and i have to do the settings again and give permissions to the memory card as if it's the first time it's run.  
Does your phone/tablet have any auto-cleanup function? For example, Huawei phones have a built-in function that periodically cleans up old cache files of any apps, and the function is on by default. As a result some of my game apps had to re-download all the data almost every time I start them, so I turned the cleaner off. Not sure about Galaxy's, though.
Also, Huawei is notorious for its aggressive battery optimization, which automatically turns off background apps. If I remember correctly, Samsung does the similar to their phones as well, so you might want to look into that as well.