Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 307635 times)

kid

Ok, small update on my connection issues.

If I connect through USB while connected to WIFI, I can get the sync app to connect.
immediately after the USB sync completes the WIFI sync app connects.
However it does nothing after that. The SYNC NOW and PREVIEW buttons seem unresponsive, and there are no additional entries in the log.

2020-01-12: H9436;  10;  0.9
13:22:42: locate: search=10.0.0.
13:22:42: locate: exclude=11
13:22:44: locate: search=10.170.143.
13:22:44: locate: exclude=183
13:23:58: locate: search=10.0.0.
13:23:58: locate: exclude=11
13:23:58: ping: socket ok=/10.0.0.10
13:24:02: ping: hello=MusicBeeWifiSyncServer/1.0
13:24:02: ping: matched=/10.0.0.10,status=OK
13:24:02: locate: search=10.170.143.
13:24:02: locate: exclude=183
13:24:04: ping: socket ok=/10.0.0.10
13:24:04: ping: hello=MusicBeeWifiSyncServer/1.0
13:24:04: ping: matched=/10.0.0.10,status=OK

When I close the sync app, and restart it, I get the connection errors again, however I am now inside the app and the logs are available.

There are no new entries in the log, even though the app gives an error. Enabling debug logging results in the buttons not responding again. Force closing the app clears the debug logging flag, and the loop starts again.

Both the "beta" and the normal release path are at version 0.9, so I assume they are both the same.
Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 02:17:01 PM by kid

SkyZippr

I was having issue with GMMP not automatically scanning the library, so I formatted my SD card to see if it would fix it. Not only did formatting not fix the GMMP issue, but also Wifi Sync app is acting weird now. When I hit preview button it lists my entire library that's already been synched to the SD card. Wired sync works just fine.
i wont be able to help

This is really embarrassing because the Wifi sync issue disappeared after restarting the device. Since this reply would be on another page, I'm editing my original post to make it easier to trace.

kid

Ok, small update on my connection issues.

If I connect through USB while connected to WIFI, I can get the sync app to connect.
immediately after the USB sync completes the WIFI sync app connects.
However it does nothing after that. The SYNC NOW and PREVIEW buttons seem unresponsive, and there are no additional entries in the log.

When I close the sync app, and restart it, I get the connection errors again, however I am now inside the app and the logs are available.

There are no new entries in the log, even though the app gives an error. Enabling debug logging results in the buttons not responding again. Force closing the app clears the debug logging flag, and the loop starts again.

Both the "beta" and the normal release path are at version 0.9, so I assume they are both the same.

Update; I just tried it with an old (chinese, offbrand, Umidigi) android 6.0.1 phone I have laying around, and it works like a charm.
Though maybe it was an Android 10 issue, so I begged my better half to hold her phone (Xiaomi) for a sec, and it works fine too.

Seems to be an issue with my Sony phone then? Any one else experiencing issues with Sony Xperia devices? (XZ2 or XZ3 in particular).

Edit: There seems to be a connection between the phone and MB, when I select playlist sync and I add a new playlist in MB it immediately shows up in the android app. But for some reason the sync or preview buttons are non-responsive.
I think there might be an issue with read/write rights on the phone? There have been some changes in Android 10, however since it works on the Xiaomi phone with A10 that doesn't explain it.

Any of you guys know how I can do some more diagnostic?
Here is what I found on "scoped storage" on android 10
https://developer.android.com/training/data-storage#scoped-storage
Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 08:09:00 PM by kid

Madmaxneo

Wifi Syncing has stopped entirely for me now. The "Sync Now" button is grayed out and does not do anything at all, neither does the "Preview" button. I started having this issue a few days ago but then this morning I got an update for my phone and had hopes itt would fix the issue with the wifi sync and the other issue I have, but it did not. I even restarted my phone a few times (to no success) hoping that would help resolve the issue. This is compounds on top of the other issue that none of my playlists sync anymore from MusicBee to my phone.

kid

Wifi Syncing has stopped entirely for me now. The "Sync Now" button is grayed out and does not do anything at all, neither does the "Preview" button. I started having this issue a few days ago but then this morning I got an update for my phone and had hopes itt would fix the issue with the wifi sync and the other issue I have, but it did not. I even restarted my phone a few times (to no success) hoping that would help resolve the issue. This is compounds on top of the other issue that none of my playlists sync anymore from MusicBee to my phone.
Did you try to clear app data and setup sync again? Anything in the log?
What device are you using? android 10?

Madmaxneo

Did you try to clear app data and setup sync again? Anything in the log?
What device are you using? android 10?
Yes, that was one of the first things I tried. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the wifi sync program on my phone a few times and the wifi sync still does not work at all on my phone.

I have a Galaxy Note 10 + and I am on Android version 10.

frankz

Yes, Galaxy S10 and Android 10 here, and Wifi Sync recently started spectacularly failing for me too. This was weeks after the Android 10 update.  Now MB Wifi Sync acts like it can't access the SD card although permissions are granted and double-checked. Cleared data for the app to no effect, uninstalled the app rebooted the phone and reinstalled to no effect.  Deleted the device profile and recreated it to no effect.

Buttons are not even clickable in the app for me. I can press them all day and nothing happens. Only when I change to "Internal Storage," run a preview, and then go back to "SD Card" can I click anything. But then I get the errors like it has no access to the SD card.

This started mid-sync for me.  It partially sync'd, then the errors started and now I can't do anything.  I don't know if it's an Android issue or an issue with an overnight Windows update or what, but it worked one day and then not the next.

Back to wired sync for me.  It takes 45 minutes to scan, but at least it works.
Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 06:26:24 AM by frankz

kid

Yes, Galaxy S10 and Android 10 here, and Wifi Sync recently started spectacularly failing for me too. This was weeks after the Android 10 update.  Now MB Wifi Sync acts like it can't access the SD card although permissions are granted and double-checked. Cleared data for the app to no effect, uninstalled the app rebooted the phone and reinstalled to no effect.  Deleted the device profile and recreated it to no effect.

Buttons are not even clickable in the app for me. I can press them all day and nothing happens. Only when I change to "Internal Storage," run a preview, and then go back to "SD Card" can I click anything. But then I get the errors like it has no access to the SD card.

This started mid-sync for me.  It partially sync'd, then the errors started and now I can't do anything.  I don't know if it's an Android issue or an issue with an overnight Windows update or what, but it worked one day and then not the next.

Back to wired sync for me.  It takes 45 minutes to scan, but at least it works.

just checked again after I read your post.
Cleared app storage, so I could start from a "blank slate".
Selected "internal storage" from the start (even though I have hardly any space left on internal and want to keep my music on SD).
BAM!

Worked like a charm. Didn't even do a wired sync or selected internal storage in MB on my PC, Just changed my sync settings from a configured device to include only the single playlist, did a preview and synced it to the internal storage with no problems

Cleared app storage again, started anew, selected "removable SD card", and preview/sync buttons stopped working again.
repeated steps to sync internal storage, worked again.
Tried back and forth about five times. Now going to see if it still works after rebooting PC and Phone

I'm willing to place a small bet there is some sort of issue with SD card acces in Android 10.

Edit: Confirm it still works like described above after rebooting several times and setting up the app. also reinstalling has the same effect as clearing app storage.
Reverse sync doesn't work due to the GMMP unlocked version error (even though I have it unlocked) but that seems like something else entirely so don't care bout that now at all.

I would like to carefully draw two conclusions;

1. I think the issue exists on the phone side of syncing. Nothing to do with network or MB on the desktop.
2. The issue only seems to manifest when syncing to SD card for me

I can vaguely find something about storage acces being a little bit different in Android 10, so that might also be something to look at, although I have several other old apps, some not updated for over a year, that can read/write to SD card just fine.
Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 06:11:09 PM by kid

Madmaxneo

Selected "internal storage" from the start (even though I have hardly any space left on internal and want to keep my music on SD).
BAM!

Worked like a charm. Didn't even do a wired sync or selected internal storage in MB on my PC, Just changed my sync settings from a configured device to include only the single playlist, did a preview and synced it to the internal storage with no problems

Cleared app storage again, started anew, selected "removable SD card", and preview/sync buttons stopped working again.
Tried back and forth about five times. Now going to see if it still works after rebooting PC and Phone

I'm willing to place a small bet there is some sort of issue with SD card acces in Android 10.

Edit: Confirm it still works like described above after rebooting several times and setting up the app. also reinstalling has the same effect as clearing app storage.
Reverse sync doesn't work due to the GMMP unlocked version error (even though I have it unlocked) but that seems like something else entirely so don't care bout that now at all.

1. I think the issue exists on the phone side of syncing. Nothing to do with network or MB on the desktop.

I can vaguely find something about storage acces being a little bit different in Android 10, so that might also be something to look at, although I have several other old apps, some not updated for over a year, that can read/write to SD card just fine.
That makes sense. I do have a decent sized storage for my Note 10 + but I know in the future when I get a new phone I would rather just transfer my SD card then have to resync everything.... maybe they will figure out how to get this to work....

HerrMerkt

I came to the same conclusion as Kid after trying everything to make Wifi Sync to SD work again. I hope that this issue can be fixed in the next version of the Android app. Cable sync is much slower for me.

skeevesmith

BAM!

That makes sense. I do have a decent sized storage for my Note 10 + but I know in the future when I get a new phone I would rather just transfer my SD card then have to resync everything.... maybe they will figure out how to get this to work....

I have the same issue with my s10 / android 10 update.  Seems to be several large threads on reddit along the same subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/eakikd/cant_import_playlists_in_samsung_music_player/

Madmaxneo

I have the same issue with my s10 / android 10 update.  Seems to be several large threads on reddit along the same subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/eakikd/cant_import_playlists_in_samsung_music_player/

There is fix someone listed. But it takes time as you have to manually create every playlist in a text editor like Notepad++. I wonder if the fix is something that the developer can implement into the MusicBee Program.

skeevesmith

I have the same issue with my s10 / android 10 update.  Seems to be several large threads on reddit along the same subject:

There is fix someone listed. But it takes time as you have to manually create every playlist in a text editor like Notepad++. I wonder if the fix is something that the developer can implement into the MusicBee Program.

That would be great!  *bump* for an update?

phred

• Global Moderator
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here