Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 307631 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
You don't state if this is the first time you're using WiFi Sync to the S10, but if it is, you need to one wired sync first. Not even a full sync, but complete a preview. Once that's done, try a WiFi Sync.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

HerrMerkt

I ran the wired sync twice. I still cannot hit the Preview or Sync Buttons in the app, if I want to sync to the SD card.
I have granted the app the necessary access to the SD card, of course.

Interestingly, Wifi Sync works with a Galaxy Tab A, using a SD card.

Another piece of information that may be interesting:
Wifi Sync on the S10 used to work until 1-2 weeks ago. Then, I deleted the profiles of the devices and recreated them, because there were some issues with the device names that I wanted to resolve. However, these deletions also coincided with a firmware update for the S10.

vpsaxman

Sent you a PM with the debug log. Sorry it took so long. Thanks!
In your case, some of the filesnames gonemad is returning include an extra "primary/" prefix and hence not matched in MB. Can you confirm you whether you have given me your google play email so you can be added to the alpha track for the android app and that you are happy to run a debug version so i can confirm what is going on

Glad you found what was causing the error. FWIW, I'm using poweramp, not gonemad.

I have no issue running a debug version. I'll pm you my google play email. Thanks!

Roger M

I am also trying to set up Wifi synching on a Samsung S10. Although I have selected SD card in the app, the S10 App settings do not give me the option of the SD card as storage for the App - is this the problem? I get no reaction on the "preview" or "synch" buttons. How do I run a wired synch?

phred

• Global Moderator
How do I run a wired synch?
Preferences > Devices > [select device] > Configure > Settings
Once the wired preview successfully completes you should be able to do a WiFi sync.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Roger M

Thanks phred, but maybe I asked the wrong question - how do I run a wired preview? I'm generally pretty good at "intuitive" operation, but I can't see this one!

phred

• Global Moderator
how do I run a wired preview?
Once you've got the device configured as I stated previously, save the configuration and you should see the device under Devices in the left side panel. Select it and in the mail panel you'll see Synchronize and Preview. Click Preview

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I just tried it, so far so good. Will let you know if anything comes up.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

vpsaxman

@vpsaxman and psychoadept,
could you try this patch version of musicbee:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

I just tried it, so far so good. Will let you know if anything comes up.

Same here!! Sync count is getting updated. No more mismatched tracks. If anything comes up I'll post here as well. Thanks!

kid

Hi all,
I'm a little behind on you all, and I might have overlooked a part of the topic so forgive me if there is a solution in the previous 50 pages.
TL;DR. I keep getting the Server not found error.

I cant get wifi sync to work (reliably, or at all).
I have been trying for a while and on occasions it has worked;
So I've tried the latest release from the site (3.3.7261) and also the latest release from the forums (3.3.7310)
I have used the Android app in both the release channel and the beta channel. All of them no luck.

I had everything working a week before christmas, however after pressing sync in the app it started syncing my entire collection even though I already did a full sync over USB (its about 60gb worth of music). I reset the app on the phone and couldn't get a connection anymore after, no matter what I tried. Gave up, I hardly have any additions to my collection and the playcount sync is nice to have but not a dealbreaker.

Yesterday I got an upgrade to Android 10. Did a hard reset on my phone, and after setting it up from scratch I though, lets give it another try. I also formatted my SD card btw.
I ran the app and tried to connect, and I got the "you have to do a wired sync first" error. Great news! that means it can connect to MB at least!.
I plugged in the USB cable, did a wired sync (remeber, wiped the card) so another 60gb of music and about 2 hours later tried the sync app again;
Server not found.

So maybe my firewall changed itself? so I installed the MusicBee Remote plugin, and didn't change my firewall settings. Works like a charm.
So the remote app can connect fine, and the windows firewall allows any incoming connection to MB over both UDP and TCP.

What am I doing wrong?.

p.s. I cant seem to figure out how to get a log out of the android app.

I've asked steven to add me to the alpha, as that seems to be able to output a log before connecting to the server.
Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 10:38:57 AM by kid

Cameron

Just to update this slightly, I rolled back to the first Musicbee with wifi syncing (7056) and the same thing happens, however I have recently bought a new phone so I think this is probably causing the problem somehow.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
So this doesn't explain why I was getting duplicate phone profiles in one version of MusicBee, but I often run two instances lately, one the regular install and one a portable version that I use specifically to manage my NAS.  At one point I tried to start a sync and suddenly the phone was giving me a message about needing to do a wired sync first (this is while the phone was plugged into the computer). Well, of course, it was trying to sync to the portable version instead of the regular, where the profile already exists.  I don't know if there's anything you can do about that. I'll just have to close one while I start the sync if it gets confused, I guess.
Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 06:14:17 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

SkyZippr

EDIT: Wifi sync issue disappeared after restarting the device. Editing my original post since my reply would be on another page.

I was having issue with GMMP not automatically scanning the library, so I formatted my SD card to see if it would fix it. Not only did formatting not fix the GMMP issue, but also Wifi Sync app is acting weird now. When I hit preview button it lists my entire library that's already been synched to the SD card. Wired sync works just fine.
Here's Wifi Sync app's error log:
2020-01-12: NW-ZX500Series;  9;  1.1.2
19:32:07: startSync: preview=true,iteration=0
19:32:08: command: action=SYNC_START
19:32:08: tryStart: connecting /10.165.2.114, attempt=0
19:32:08: tryStart: connected
19:32:08: tryStart: hello=true,fromMB=true,custfiles=false,preview=true,dev=NW-ZX500Series,2
19:32:08: storage: path=/storage/A3D2-0D51,root=A3D2-0D51:,uri=content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/A3D2-0D51%3A
19:32:08: syncDevice: root=/storage/A3D2-0D51,ignoreErrors=false,playlists=false,ratings=true,playcount=true
19:32:08: syncDevice: command=SendStats
19:32:10: syncDevice: command=ShowResults
19:32:10: syncDevice: command=GetFiles
19:32:10: getFiles: Get: Music/,url=/storage/A3D2-0D51/Music/, inc=true
19:32:10: getFiles: count=4
19:32:10: getFiles: Get: Podcasts/,url=/storage/A3D2-0D51/Podcasts/, inc=true
19:32:10: getFiles: count=0
19:32:10: getFiles: Get: Music/Playlists/,url=/storage/A3D2-0D51/Music/Playlists/, inc=false
19:32:10: getFiles: count=0
19:32:10: syncDevice: command=ShowPreviewResults
19:32:10: syncDevice: exit

And here's my device setting from MB (installed ver 3.3.7310):
Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 03:17:20 PM by SkyZippr

Steven

• Administrator
I was having issue with GMMP not automatically scanning the library, so I formatted my SD card to see if it would fix it. Not only did formatting not fix the GMMP issue, but also Wifi Sync app is acting weird now. When I hit preview button it lists my entire library that's already been synched to the SD card. Wired sync works just fine.
i wont be able to help