Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 215713 times)

tanstaafl

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 27
I upgraded to from MB 3.3.7162 MB 3.3.7165 and now I can't WiFi sync it all. The Android app tells me it can't find the MB server. WiFi sync is enabled in MB preferences. I rebooted my PC, rebooted my phone, disabled my firewall. I did a manual USB sync. The Android app cannot locate the server.

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8024
If you go back to .7162 does the sync work?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.


phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8024
How did you update from .7162 to .7165?

You would get the patch that contains .7162 and unzip it and overwrite the existing files. If there's no change you can either leave it or update to the current patch.

I try to keep an archive of every patch I download and I just checked - and I don't have .7162, so I guess you can't try it. Sorry.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.

tanstaafl

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 27
I downloaded 3.3.7162 installer a week or so ago, and then the 3.3.7165 installer this weekend, from the download page.

If there any way to diagnose the problem? All I get is "Server not found. Ensure MusicBee is running and Windows firewall is not blocking MusicBee" from the Android app.

Hmmm. It just dawned on me to try nuking all data for the MusicBee app (not just cache). That seems to have made it connect again.

It didn't fix the problem of being unable to reverse-sync from GMMP (see my other thread).

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8024
If there any way to diagnose the problem? All I get is "Server not found. Ensure MusicBee is running and Windows firewall is not blocking MusicBee" from the Android app.
This issue has come up before, so I suggest reading this current thread - probably go back about 15 pages or so - and if you can't find it search the entire forum using the term "server not found"
Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 01:29:38 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.

viktorrko

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Really nice feature, I personally use BlackPlayerEX with it's custom library.

christmw2503

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 35
I upgraded to from MB 3.3.7162 MB 3.3.7165 and now I can't WiFi sync it all. The Android app tells me it can't find the MB server. WiFi sync is enabled in MB preferences. I rebooted my PC, rebooted my phone, disabled my firewall. I did a manual USB sync. The Android app cannot locate the server.

I'm having a similar issue. I'm on 7162. I'm suspecting a firewall related issue.
I'm using a temporary fix by: 1. Saving Musicbee snapshot. 2. Uninstall Musicbee (on PC). 3. Reset the Android sync app 4. Reinstall Musicbee and do wired sync using cable (Not necessary to finish the sync). 5. Go to settings/device and enable wifi sync. 6. Reboot the PC 7. Upon reboot, Windows firewall will prompt you to add Musicbee. 8. Do a wifi sync with the Android app. Syncing should now work. 9. Now restore the snapshot and do another sync and it'll still work.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 33296
I believe clearing the app settings can also solve this type of issue, but I have no idea why it would matter

chrisdivine

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 19
I have troubles with the app, too, when I try to re-setup the connection after a crash. Please tell me how to clean and complete deinstall the app! ThanX!!

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8024
From your device's setttings go to apps then MB then clear data then uninstall
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.

chrisdivine

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 19
From your device's setttings go to apps then MB then clear data then uninstall
phred, thanks, I did so. But after reinstalling I didnĀ“t get the "Locate Server" message and every attempt to sync failed.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 33296
if you dont see the Locate button then the app settings were not cleared

Babydoll32

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 122
Hi Steven,
I got a little issue. Not a big thing, but maybe interesting. Yesterday or day before, I don't know exactly, I listened to a song. After syncing, last played shows year 1972. But I don't believe that I listened in 1972  ;D It's the second time, that this happened. Happened a few weeks before with another song. Stats.xml shows <LastPlayed>1568399940373</LastPlayed>.

Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 08:36:11 PM by Babydoll32

Babydoll32

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 122