Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 318605 times)

zkhcohen

Finished the sync.All songs were transferred. None of my .m3u playlists were transferred, even after retrying.This wasn't an issue on earlier builds.

MusicBee Desktop logs show many of these:

2/28/2019 12:44:58 AM - Add playlist "C:\Users\Zachary\Music\MusicBee\Playlists\Playlists\Transcendent Chill.mbp" I/O error occurred.

Phone logs show:

Feb 28, 2019 12:44:58 AM com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.ErrorHandler logError
SEVERE: receiveFile: SM-G955U
SEVERE: createFolder: SM-G955U: Invalid url

....etc., etc.

Steven

• Administrator
is "C:\Users\Zachary\Music\MusicBee\Playlists\Playlists\..." the correct source playlist location?
what is the storage path in the musicbee device sync settings?
and what is the Playlist storage path configured in the musicbee device sync settings?

it might be useful to send me a link to your settings file, indicating which device you are using if there are multiple

zkhcohen

is "C:\Users\Zachary\Music\MusicBee\Playlists\Playlists\..." the correct source playlist location?
what is the storage path in the musicbee device sync settings?
and what is the Playlist storage path configured in the musicbee device sync settings?

it might be useful to send me a link to your settings file, indicating which device you are using if there are multiple

That path does contain the playlists, but not the .m3u ones. I have no idea why it's trying to sync the .mbp one as indicated by the error message I sent. The folder does contain .mbp playlists.

I'll pm you my settings file. There's only one device.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
I still am not getting any updates on the MB Wifi App.   What do I need to do?  It was last updated on Feb 16th.
I would hazard a guess that you are using an android 4.4 (KitKat) device.
All the updates after 1.4 only work on android 5.0 and above.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
None of my .m3u playlists were transferred
My MB error log shows one set of these for each of my 79 playlists. And yes, the path is correct.
Code
2/27/2019 4:56:20 PM - Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
2/27/2019 4:56:20 PM - Add playlist "G:\MusicBee\phred\Playlists\George Harrison.mbp" Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

X5 error log
Code
Feb 27, 2019 4:56:17 PM com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.ErrorHandler logInfo
INFO: grant: perm uri=content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/0E65-65B9%3A,mapped path=/mnt/external_sd1,write=true,sd card=/mnt/external_sd1
Feb 27, 2019 4:56:18 PM com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.ErrorHandler logInfo
INFO: grant: selected permission=content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/0E65-65B9%3A
Feb 27, 2019 4:56:20 PM com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync.ErrorHandler logInfo
INFO: grant: perm uri=content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/0E65-65B9%3A,mapped path=/mnt/external_sd1,write=true,sd card=/mnt/external_sd1
INFO: grant: selected permission=content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/0E65-65B9%3A
INFO: storage: root path=/mnt/external_sd1, root id=0E65-65B9:, perm uri=content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/0E65-65B9%3A

And I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem, but I've got about 3000 entries like this in the MB error log. I've mentioned this before, but there's been no comment. The drive letters referenced, Q: and R:, are optical drives. I see no reason why MB should be calling that when syncing. And at the time of these entries, I wasn't using, nor was there a disk in the opticals.
Code
2/27/2019 9:20:51 PM - Q:\Track03.cda:refresh:The parameter is incorrect. [Q:\]
2/27/2019 9:20:51 PM - R:\Track10.cda:refresh:The parameter is incorrect. [R:\]
2/27/2019 9:20:52 PM - Q:\Willie Dixon\The Quiet Night\9 - I Think I Got the Bl.mp3:refresh:The parameter is incorrect. [Q:\Willie Dixon\The Quiet Night\]
2/27/2019 9:20:55 PM - R:\Grateful Dead\Boston Music Hall\1-9 - Tennessee Jed.mp3:refresh:The parameter is incorrect. [R:\Grateful Dead\Boston Music Hall\]
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
@zkhcohen, your device is named "SAMSUNG-SM-G955U" but your playlist root path is configured as "SM-G955U\Card\Playlists\"
I am guessing the name of your device has recently been changed.
So MB is trying to save the playlists to:
SAMSUNG-SM-G955U\Card\SM-G955U\Card\Playlists\

You should set the correct playlist root path - easier if you just make it a relative path like the other folders.

Having said all this, there is a bug as it failed to create folder "SM-G955U". I can see why that happened and will fix that

@phred, i have sent you a PM re: the refresh entries in the error log

railfan-eric28

@zkhcohen, your device is named "SAMSUNG-SM-G955U" but your playlist root path is configured as "SM-G955U\Card\Playlists\"
I am guessing the name of your device has recently been changed.
So MB is trying to save the playlists to:
SAMSUNG-SM-G955U\Card\SM-G955U\Card\Playlists\

You should set the correct playlist root path - easier if you just make it a relative path like the other folders.

Having said all this, there is a bug as it failed to create folder "SM-G955U". I can see why that happened and will fix that

@phred, i have sent you a PM re: the refresh entries in the error log

Are you saying that if we rename our device or switch cards to a new one the playlists won't work or have to be recreated?
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

railfan-eric28

I still am not getting any updates on the MB Wifi App.   What do I need to do?  It was last updated on Feb 16th.
I would hazard a guess that you are using an android 4.4 (KitKat) device.
All the updates after 1.4 only work on android 5.0 and above.
In my earlier post I said i am using a GS7.   I'm on nougat.   
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

railfan-eric28

What do I need to do?
use the link provided in the message?
https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4700978781087552506

Unless Bee-liever is correct.

Thanks.   I am confused as I joined a test version when it first came out and had to send a PM to Steven to get approved.   

railfan-eric28

So I finally got the Wifi App updated but it still wants to delete a list too long to get to the bottom off my SD Card.   Is it necessary to delete everything and sync it all again?  That would take 8 hrs or more.   I have at least 20GB's or more on my card.   

Steven

• Administrator
Is it necessary to delete everything and sync it all again?
no.
can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
and also let me know the folder path the music files reside on your device

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
TESTING - 01 MAR 2019
MusicBee Wifi Sync Android App 0.2.5
Device SM-J500FN Android 6.0.1
MB 3.3.6996.32080

MEDIA STORAGE
Storage path: [SM-J500FN\Card\]
Playlist path:  [SM-J500FN\Card\Playlists\]

ACTIONS
Added more playlists.
Removed some tracks from previously added playlists.
Added new tracks to an existing playlist.

RESULTS
All expected COPY and DELETE operations successful on [\Card\Music\] *.m4a
All 5 Playlists copied successfully to [\Card\Playlists\] *.m3u

Freddy
Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 05:28:57 PM by Freddy Barker

TeutonJon78

App 0.2.5
Musicbee 6996

A sync to the microSD card on an i777 running CM13 worked wonderfully (43 GB). I'll be trying it on my Axon 7 microsd card next with full library sync (117 GB).

Soooooo much better than MTP syncing, especially for not getting hung up on playlist syncing for 30 minutes.

Edit: Ok, so I've been getting a few failures on the bigger transfer. from the MB error log:

2019-03-01 6:44:56 PM - 10.0.17763.0 - 3.3.6996.38313 - WifiSyncAbort: Cannot write to a BufferedStream while the read buffer is not empty if the underlying stream is not seekable. Ensure that the stream underlying this BufferedStream can seek or avoid interleaving read and write operations on this BufferedStream.

My guess is the overzealous power manager on my Axon 7 is killing the app somehow. It restarts fine, but the preview still says it needs to sync files it already syncs. When it starts copying files, it starts about where it ended up.
Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 03:10:50 AM by TeutonJon78

railfan-eric28

Is it necessary to delete everything and sync it all again?
no.
can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
and also let me know the folder path the music files reside on your device

The folder path on the phone is /storage/9C33-6BBD/Music for the music and /Playlists for the playlists.   
And here for the settings file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DB_iJM5_WcKHd_VNZzRFuixTrSuIJkNa