Author Topic: Major problems with streaming podcasts - playback suddenly stops at random  (Read 6986 times)

Steven

• Administrator
The good news is i can reproduce the issue and the bad news is there is no reason I can see for it to happen, so I will need to consult with the developer of the BASS library on how to get to the bottom of the issue

Jammet

• Hakuna Matata
I'm so glad this has gotten you some good info! :) Maybe, with luck, this will go away! Yahoo!  :D

Steven

• Administrator
As a temporary solution, this should resolve the issue:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
Unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

I hope to have a better solution implemented as this one takes up more memory when streaming files, but that depends on feedback from the bass developer. So keep an eye on this topic

Jammet

• Hakuna Matata
Will do! And thank you very much for all the wonderful work that's been put into this! <3

DioMF

As a temporary solution, this should resolve the issue:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
Unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

I hope to have a better solution implemented as this one takes up more memory when streaming files, but that depends on feedback from the bass developer. So keep an eye on this topic
sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but i needed to ask: has a permanent fix been found, or is this temp fix added to the 3.4 RC candidate?

phred

• Global Moderator
New versions always contain prior fixes. So 3.4 should contain the fix shown in this thread.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

DioMF

New versions always contain prior fixes. So 3.4 should contain the fix shown in this thread.
i imagined that was the case, but combing through the changelogs, i wasn't able to find anything related to this, which is why i was curious. either way, thanks for the response!

phred

• Global Moderator
You're welcome.

You don't say what version you're currently running, nor how it's installed. The simple thing to do is to download the 3.4 patch from my sig and apply it. You can write directly over 3.3. And if you're using the portable version, just copy the entire MB directory to somewhere safe (like a flash drive) and apply the patch. If you don't like it, copy back what you saved to the flash drive.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

DioMF

You're welcome.

You don't say what version you're currently running, nor how it's installed. The simple thing to do is to download the 3.4 patch from my sig and apply it. You can write directly over 3.3. And if you're using the portable version, just copy the entire MB directory to somewhere safe (like a flash drive) and apply the patch. If you don't like it, copy back what you saved to the flash drive.
i'm using the latest version steven posted on the 3.4 thread. the one posted on the 7th. downloaded the full installer.

phred

• Global Moderator
So you should be all set as far as the fix for the referenced issue goes.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki