Author Topic: Major problems with streaming podcasts - playback suddenly stops at random  (Read 6966 times)

bryan.conner65

I have the same problem as reported in this thread with podcasts skipping to the next one after a few minutes and well before the end of the podcast.  After it skips, I can go back to the original podcast and start playing from where it skipped and it will play for another few minutes again before skipping.

I have also downloaded and installed the patch above  and the problem still persists.  The same podcasts play perfectly on other players...but not on my favorite and the best, Musicbee.

VeeTeeF

Just chiming in to report I have this issue as well with the most recent version of MusicBee. Any podcast that I play that isn't downloaded skips to the next most recent podcast after playing for a seemingly random amount of time (but generally no more than 3 minutes).

Amer

I've been following this thread hoping for a solution but it seems to have died down. I hope there is still work being done on solving this problem.

Steven

• Administrator
I have never been able to reproduce this and that's after playing streamed podcasts for many hours continuously and also on a not so great wifi connection as well.
But I acknowledge it is an issue for some people as  its been reported multiple times but unfortunately I have no idea what is going wrong.
The only suggestion I have is to make use of the auto-download functionality for podcasts so you listen to them as local files

MusicWasp

I have never been able to reproduce this and that's after playing streamed podcasts for many hours continuously and also on a not so great wifi connection as well.
But I acknowledge it is an issue for some people as  its been reported multiple times but unfortunately I have no idea what is going wrong.
The only suggestion I have is to make use of the auto-download functionality for podcasts so you listen to them as local files

Any specs we can give you to try to narrow down what those of us experiencing the issue have in common?

Amer

Is there maybe a debug version we could try out to produce logs of the error?

Jammet

• Hakuna Matata
I really also had to make an account just now because of this. Podcasts constantly abort/stop playback, even when downloaded -- I have no  idea what's going on there. While listening to "STAY FOREVER Podcast" latest episode now, it's like every 20 minutes-or-so of playback, the playback halts and I have no idea where it stopped, because the progress bar has reset to 0:00, and the buttons are still pressed as if it was playing back (meaning, I can press pause or stop, not play).

Jammet

• Hakuna Matata
Is it possible that it could be related to file access? I typically play games and all that, when I also listen to music or podcasts (grinding in Elder Scrolls Online is tedious and boring). Maybe having a lot of files open concurrently somehow causes a hiccup with Musicbee of some sort? If music tracks were longer, would they abort, too?

Steven

• Administrator
I am ready to create a debug version if anyone who is having problems with streamed podcasts, so please confirm you are happy to run a debug version.

@Jammet, if you are having problems with downloaded files then i wont be able to help with that

Jammet

• Hakuna Matata
Yes, I'm perfectly fine with running a version that saves debug info, preferably so that I can forward this to an email address.

So far, the interruptions mostly or almost entirely happened with podcasts, not music, and attempting to stream directly.

I only started listening to pre-downloaded podcasts yesterday and even with there too being player hiccups (twice) that's not enough a sample size for anything.

So I'd listen to podcasts like I used to, with streaming, and collect info for you for some more days perhaps? Along with everybody else?

Steven

• Administrator
First if you are using the store version of MB, you will need to download the desktop version from the downloads page.
Using this link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2mqros1u4jsf543/file

unzip and replace MusicBee.exe where it is installed

Play streamed podcasts and when it next happens, Help/ Support/ View Error log and send me a link to a zip of the log

MusicWasp

Not exactly the .zip that you asked for, but here's the log output from Help->Support->View Error Log after getting it to occur again just now.  I truncated it down to today's date - the last log before what I've pasted was on 7/22.

Hope that helps!  Let me know if my truncation is unhelpful and/or there's a reason beyond my understanding that you actually need the output in a .zip file, and I'll be happy to reproduce it and throw a .zip on a server somewhere.

Jammet

• Hakuna Matata
Here we go, listening to a podcast, didn't have to wait long, and it jumped to the next in the paylist because I streamed an older episode.

Code
Mon, 08, 3, 2020 01:04:30 - player event=9
Mon, 08, 3, 2020 01:04:30 - play=http://media.blubrry.com/spieleveteranen/www.spieleveteranen.de/podcasts/Spieleveteranen_136.mp3
Mon, 08, 3, 2020 01:04:31 - stream length=3322267727, preload=3321032927
Mon, 08, 3, 2020 01:13:27 - player event=4
Mon, 08, 3, 2020 01:13:27 - player event=9
Mon, 08, 3, 2020 01:13:27 - Trigger next track:    at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at #=zWxFqLC3$LkngU2OahT9d$CY=.#=zgUPqUrpLo3F2(Boolean #=zYOqu42TPV5VnBi4sk7P473k=, Boolean #=zBKKdAvG_k$ufolgZtw==)
   at #=zWxFqLC3$LkngU2OahT9d$CY=.#=zvdNKH3aIewNJ(Int32 #=zrOExp1h8_4gM, Int32 #=zw4OAI2anRgir, Int32 #=zWctFp1g=, IntPtr #=zmUsunwE=)
Mon, 08, 3, 2020 01:13:27 - play=http://media.blubrry.com/spieleveteranen/www.spieleveteranen.de/podcasts/SPVexpress_021.mp3
Mon, 08, 3, 2020 01:13:28 - stream length=411997351, preload=410762551
Mon, 08, 3, 2020 01:21:35 - player event=4
Mon, 08, 3, 2020 01:21:35 - player event=9
Mon, 08, 3, 2020 01:21:35 - Trigger next track:    at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at #=zWxFqLC3$LkngU2OahT9d$CY=.#=zgUPqUrpLo3F2(Boolean #=zYOqu42TPV5VnBi4sk7P473k=, Boolean #=zBKKdAvG_k$ufolgZtw==)
   at #=zWxFqLC3$LkngU2OahT9d$CY=.#=zvdNKH3aIewNJ(Int32 #=zrOExp1h8_4gM, Int32 #=zw4OAI2anRgir, Int32 #=zWctFp1g=, IntPtr #=zmUsunwE=)
Mon, 08, 3, 2020 01:21:35 - play=http://media.blubrry.com/spieleveteranen/www.spieleveteranen.de/podcasts/Spieleveteranen_138.mp3
Mon, 08, 3, 2020 01:21:36 - stream length=3143601015, preload=3142366215