Author Topic: Playlist and Playlist Folders - Tracks sync  (Read 1067 times)

TacoSaladLomito

Hello,

I use playlist folders to play and mange tracks from playlists. I remove songs by removing them from the playlist folder.

However, I noticed that removing tracks from the playlist folder did not remove the track from the corresponding playlist. For example, if I have a playlist folder with two playlists, 50 tracks each, removing a particular track from the folder effectively made the folder contain 99 tracks, but the playlist still had 50 tracks.

I tested removing a track from the playlist itself and it removed the track from the playlist and the playlist folder at the same time. This is what I intended to do by doing the former.

It seems like removing the track from the playlist folder merely 'unlists' the track from the folder, but retains the track in the playlist.

I was wondering if this is intentional or a bug?

Thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think this must be one of the posts that was lost in the server migration. But to answer it again, removing a track from the folder does not remove it from the playlists in the folder. Actually, I'm kind surprised you CAN remove it from the folder, which is just an amalgamation of all the tracks in the playlists.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

TacoSaladLomito

That is right. I was quite confused when I could not even log into my account because it did not exist.

Thanks for the information. I greatly appreciate you replying twice.

mgb

Can I make a playlist with just the tracks instead of having them in folders? I tried different settings but they didn't do anything.