Author Topic: Track Information doesn't show Lyrics section (v3.3.6962)  (Read 1400 times)

Gradius

Running the latest version, I have the Track Information permanantly in my layout but with v3.3.6962 the lyrics won't display even though 'Show Lyrics' is still checked. It can be fixed unchecking and then rechecking Show Lyrics but after a restart of MusicBee it'll he hidden once again. I haven't been able to deliberately get it to happen once I've performed the 'fix' to get it to show up again so it only appears to be an issue on startup.

Here's an image showing how a track appears after MusicBee has started, versus how it should appear by default (on my layout):

No errors in the log file and <TrackAndArtistShowLyricsBottom> (the setting dictating that panel) is as true in settings ini.

phred

• Global Moderator
It's likely the theme/theatre mode you're using hasn't been updated for 3.2 or 3.3. I suggest posting your query in the thread for that theme.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Gradius

Not running in theatre mode, that's just the track information bar below the track listings. It's an old skin (and probably the creator is no longer active), still it seemed to work fine last release. Can't really think what could be broken about the XML portion of it given that rechecking the show lyrics box shows the correct information. I mean, there's no actual code within the theme AFAIK. What's essentially a stylesheet shouldn't give a different result after disabling and reenabling an option.

Edit: There was an easier option. Switched to default skin, same issue. If a 'theme' is something different, I'm not running one. This isn't theatre mode.
Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 03:56:03 AM by Gradius

Steven

• Administrator
Working fine here. Can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Steven

• Administrator
I can reproduce the issue using your settings. This should fix it:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

Gradius